Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC New York Prisons in the WENDE HUB - Albion, Attica, Orleans, Rochester, Buffalo, Wende, Wyoming, Livingston, Groveland, Collins, Gowanda, Lakeview.

Old 05-29-2016, 10:36 PM

Question Lakeview Shock-chances of being paroled after completion

My son is in Lakeview and is expected to graduate on July 14,2016. He received a sentence of 2-6 years for Burglary 3rd degree. He completed 1 year and 3 months at Rikers before he was transferred to Lakeview. This is his first Felony with a previous history of a few misdemeanors. He has been doing very well with 3 failed evals out of 73. I read that the home he is being paroled to will be looked at but no one has notified us yet. When I called and spoke to the counselor she did not give any info and not very friendly. I have read so many things about failing inmates or being denied parole even after passing the program with flying colors. I am aware that an inmate won't know they got hit until 2 weeks before graduation. I also read that split bids get hit the hardest. What I don't understand is why put someone in the program if they still won't get released. To me that is mental abuse. Is there any truth to what I am reading? What are the chances my son will get out in July? I am so stressed about this whole mess. He has been working so hard to get through this and I see such a change in him. Can anyone tell me any info? Thanks in advance. Is it also true that an inmate will fail even if he/she completes the shock program because they have too much time still remaining on their sentence? If that is true, why give a person false hope of going home. I have heard that the home gets looked at 2 months prior to graduation. Do we have anything to be worried about? Concerned Mom ��

Last edited by Tb2080; 05-29-2016 at 10:40 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2016, 09:26 AM

I am sorry you're going through this.

I have heard similar things about Shock - where they will enroll someone but then not graduate them at the last minute, or hold up their release for some other reason. Counselors are not always helpful either. I have talked a one who was actually great but its really never a sure thing that they are going to be helpful in the way you need them to be.

I don't have any solid facts for you - other than I have heard the same things that you are hearing. My prayers for you and your family. Please let us know how it is moving along.
Carol
Old 05-30-2016, 01:18 PM

Thank you for responding Carole. I guess we will know 2 weeks before. The suspense is killing me. Hopefully I will be back on here with good news.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:52 PM

I just wanted to give a response to my original post. About two weeks before graduation a select few are told the bad news that they were hit by the board and are not going to graduate. If the family does not get the call on the day known as "Judgement Day" then the person will get through. My son called me the Saturday before the so called judgement day. We were both under the impression that he would be one of the ones hit since it was only 2 1/2 weeks before graduation day and the house still was not cleared. Well the call did not come. My son passed and is graduating on July 14th. I just want to let people know not to give up hope. I was so stressed that night waiting for that dreaded call that never came. I am so thrilled and happy he is coming home. God Bless all and hope you get the same results. Let's pray for a chance at a new beginning.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tb2080 For This Useful Post:
Danyelley18 (07-05-2016), Ms Sunny (06-29-2016)
Old 07-02-2016, 11:12 AM

That is great to read. Prayers for you and your family!
The Following User Says Thank You to carolmach For This Useful Post:
Tb2080 (07-03-2016)