Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Legal Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Legal Information Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Legal Information specific to Florida. This information is *NOT PROFESSIONAL* and should always be fact-checked!

Old 06-28-2016, 08:29 PM

Question Help please!/Fiance arrested for drugs, scared about sentence

Hi all! Well I'm going crazy here sitting here not knowing so this was the only way I could think to get some piece of mind. Let me start off by giving a little bit of info first. My Fiancée (Ricky) and I were selling drugs (methamphetamine to be exact...) on a pretty large scale and had been doing it for a little over a year. Well on May 15th, 2016 the Federal Marshalls and the D.E.A. raided mine and my fiancée's house. They ended up finding 6 1/2 pounds of dope and $11,000. They ended up taking him to jail after he took claim to all of it. His Indictment got served to him on June 14th, 2016. He qualifies for a 5K (which I have no clue what that means) and his Federal Attorney hasn't been to see him one time and his arraignment is set for July 1st, 2016. I guess my question is, has anyone ever been through something similar in Florida? What was the outcome? We just found out a few months ago that I'm pregnant and I'm going crazy thinking he could be going to prison... I appreciate your time and opinions, thank you.
P.S. I'm not sure if I posted this in the right place so I'll apologize in advance if I didn't.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2016, 08:55 PM
Donation Award 

Hi,
First, congratulations on the baby. Second, very sorry you are in this situation. I am only guessing that since he is Federal, he will face mandatory min. sentencing laws. A 5K is if he offers assistance to identify others involved, it could result in a reduction of his sentence. With the amount of dope, which is almost 3000 grams, it could be as severe as 15 years I would guess. Please make sure you have someone that knows Federal law to represent him. Prayers for you and your family.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:00 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 22,778 Times in 8,065 Posts

If he has not gone to trial or signed a plea, heck, even if he has signed something, please be very very careful about what you post online. This forum is public and is monitored.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:02 PM

Thanked 5,991 Times in 3,116 Posts

I don't know what his legal status is or will be but Welcome to PTO. I hope its not as bad as it seems. I hate to say this but shut up on a public forum on pending cases and there are going to be multiple. Your not in the clear at all the only one you should speak with is a attorney.