Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:20 AM

Default Status G5 Special Visitation, 2 hours or 4 hours?

Help! My husband is a status G5. He has been that way forever. I usually visit once a month. I am coming from Houston so to his unit it's over 600 miles. When I visit I usually am given 4hrs each day for two days each month. Today I called to schedule my special visit and the lady who answered said he could only get 2hrs each day on the two days. I asked why and she said because he is a G5. I told her he has been a G5. And we always get the 8hrs. She got smart with me and said she will call me once the visit is approved because obviously we have been getting away with something he shouldn't have gotten. Is she right? I'm stressing now having to wait. If anyone knows different please let me know. Thanks I would really appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2016, 05:11 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,769 Times in 16,030 Posts

I'm sorry you haven't gotten a reply...and I don't know the answer. Perhaps if I change the title it'll help

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 07-18-2016, 08:26 PM

Thanked 11,098 Times in 6,006 Posts

A strict reading of the visitation rules related to G5 offenders would support the two hour interpretation of the rules. ANY special visit regardless of status is actually at the warden's discretion. As a G5, any discretion by the warden is going to be very much driven by the behavior of the offender in the past six months or so...they didn't get to G5 by singing too loud in church.
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
patchouli (07-19-2016)