Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC New York Prisons in the WENDE HUB - Albion, Attica, Orleans, Rochester, Buffalo, Wende, Wyoming, Livingston, Groveland, Collins, Gowanda, Lakeview.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-02-2016, 09:12 AM
Vanelli Vanelli is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 14
Thanks: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Talking Any News From Attica? Haven't heard from LO in almost 3 weeks

Hi! Has anyone heard from their loved ones in Attica recently?
My sweetie and I write constantly and talk on the phone multiple times a week whenever he gets the chance. I received a letter from him two weeks ago saying he was being taken to court and didn't know why and haven't heard from him since. He has not called me in almost 3 weeks. I have tried to stay positive because I know he doesn't want me to worry but I am freaking out. The NYDOCS site shows that he has not been transferred. Any ideas or suggestions about what is going on? If I were to contact Attica about his well-being, who do I call and what do I ask?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 08-02-2016, 02:31 PM
BoOsMaMiTa BoOsMaMiTa is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 11
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanelli View Post
Hi! Has anyone heard from their loved ones in Attica recently?
My sweetie and I write constantly and talk on the phone multiple times a week whenever he gets the chance. I received a letter from him two weeks ago saying he was being taken to court and didn't know why and haven't heard from him since. He has not called me in almost 3 weeks. I have tried to stay positive because I know he doesn't want me to worry but I am freaking out. The NYDOCS site shows that he has not been transferred. Any ideas or suggestions about what is going on? If I were to contact Attica about his well-being, who do I call and what do I ask?

Hi! I would suggest calling the facility and ask to speak with his counselor. I'm certain you will get some answers. Good luck!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BoOsMaMiTa For This Useful Post:
Vanelli (08-03-2016)
  #3  
Old 08-02-2016, 04:05 PM
maytayah's Avatar
maytayah maytayah is offline
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: England Uk
Posts: 8,653
Thanks: 8,539
Thanked 11,251 Times in 4,675 Posts
Default

If there is a prison chaplain they might be a good person to contact as they could go and check on your LO.I hope you hear from him soon.
__________________
"Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again." Nelson Mandela.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Vanelli (08-03-2016)
  #4  
Old 08-03-2016, 03:45 PM
carolmach carolmach is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Western New York
Posts: 165
Thanks: 19
Thanked 53 Times in 33 Posts
Default

I would definitely call, that is way too long. Hope you make contact!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to carolmach For This Useful Post:
Vanelli (08-04-2016)
  #5  
Old 08-03-2016, 03:57 PM
Vanelli Vanelli is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 14
Thanks: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolmach View Post
I would definitely call, that is way too long. Hope you make contact!
I don't know the name of his counselor. Do I just call the prison and ask to check on his well being?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-03-2016, 03:58 PM
Vanelli Vanelli is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 14
Thanks: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I am new to all of this so any info and advice is much appreciated!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-03-2016, 05:04 PM
Mrs. Iimas Mrs. Iimas is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New York USA
Posts: 1,251
Thanks: 0
Thanked 708 Times in 395 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanelli View Post
I am new to all of this so any info and advice is much appreciated!
Yes, just call the prison and ask for the counselor office give his din# and ask what's going on. Sometimes you get someone helpful and they will give you an update. The counselor won't pass s message but should let you know if has gotten into trouble or anything
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-04-2016, 11:40 AM
Vanelli Vanelli is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 14
Thanks: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Iimas View Post
Yes, just call the prison and ask for the counselor office give his din# and ask what's going on. Sometimes you get someone helpful and they will give you an update. The counselor won't pass s message but should let you know if has gotten into trouble or anything
Thank you for the info everyone! I got through to a counselor today and they said that he didn't have any tickets and that there has been no documentation of him being harmed or anything. Although this is great news, I can't help but to feel like it is his personal choice to not contact me. At the end of the day, I can never understand what he is going through. I am not giving up on him. I will continue to send him letters of love and encouragement but my heart is very heavy right now. Still keeping my fingers crossed that I will hear from him soon.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Mrs. Iimas Mrs. Iimas is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New York USA
Posts: 1,251
Thanks: 0
Thanked 708 Times in 395 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanelli View Post
Thank you for the info everyone! I got through to a counselor today and they said that he didn't have any tickets and that there has been no documentation of him being harmed or anything. Although this is great news, I can't help but to feel like it is his personal choice to not contact me. At the end of the day, I can never understand what he is going through. I am not giving up on him. I will continue to send him letters of love and encouragement but my heart is very heavy right now. Still keeping my fingers crossed that I will hear from him soon.
In your original post you said he was going back to court. Was it for Change in his sentence or was it for a new charge? Maybe the outcome of court has put him in s bad mood. At least you know he's ok and hasn't caught any tickets. I hope you hear from him soon. I know how stressful the unknown can be and not having the regular phone calls.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-04-2016, 11:59 AM
Vanelli Vanelli is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 14
Thanks: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Iimas View Post
In your original post you said he was going back to court. Was it for Change in his sentence or was it for a new charge? Maybe the outcome of court has put him in s bad mood. At least you know he's ok and hasn't caught any tickets. I hope you hear from him soon. I know how stressful the unknown can be and not having the regular phone calls.
He wrote me a few sentences saying he was being taken to court that day and had no idea why. He thought maybe he owed some fines or something. He told me he would let me know the outcome as soon as he got back... and that was the last I heard from him. It could very well be that he is in a bad place and needs this time to reflect on himself. But I can't help but to think how unlike him that is because we are each other's support system. I don't want to worry myself sick so I am going to force positive thoughts.

Last edited by Vanelli; 08-04-2016 at 12:01 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Haven't heard from him in 2 weeks Mrs_Garcia805 Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison 10 05-04-2015 10:49 PM
Anyone heard from a LO in Attica since Sunday? Mausi31 WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC 5 04-03-2015 12:17 PM
Where is he? I haven't heard from him in two weeks! christenleanne PTO Lounge 6 11-05-2009 08:59 AM
When you haven't heard from him in weeks krisclue Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison 6 05-29-2009 11:47 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:41 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics