Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Pennsylvania should be posted here.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:17 PM

Default Pennsylvania DOC facilities on lock-down

Does anyone know is sci forest is currently on lockdown..haven't received a call in 2 days!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2016, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmeah1 View Post
Does anyone know is sci forest is currently on lockdown..haven't received a call in 2 days!!!
Welcome to PTO Jasmeah1-Don't know but it is possible that maybe the inmate, Your loved one, can't get phone time. Also, sometimes the prison will do a "lock-down" for cell searches so that can kill an entire day. They are not announced, the inmates only find out about them at the last minute just as they are being locked up in their cells. This is for searching for contraband.

I would not worry too much at this point. Are you sure he has enough money on his calling card to call you? Maybe he does not and has to send you a letter. There is no way for you to check his account balance. This is only given to the inmate. If he has to order a phone card on commissary it may take a few days before it is registered and ready for him to use.

So hang tight.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:33 AM

As far as I know there isn't. Unfortunately my son doesn't call, we email now.
Sorry I'm not a big help but thought you might feel better knowing that someone else on this board has a loved one there.
Old 06-25-2016, 10:37 AM

Thank you I was able to get in contact with him through email as well.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:01 PM

Unhappy Is quehanna bootcamp on lock down?? Anyone else have a loved one there?

My husband is in quehanna bootcamp and Sundays he's allowed to send emails and he has specific call days which was today and I haven't gotten an email or any phone call. Does anyone else have a loved one at this facility??
Old 07-11-2016, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranda0304 View Post
My husband is in quehanna bootcamp and Sundays he's allowed to send emails and he has specific call days which was today and I haven't gotten an email or any phone call. Does anyone else have a loved one at this facility??
This is a mis-interpretation that many have. All facilities are subject to last minute "lock-downs". They normally last just that day and are usually for cell searches for contraband etc. The entire facility keeps the inmates in their cells, lets say at morning count. Food is delivered to their cells during the day and each and ever cell is usually searched along with the inmates. This is not because of a major problem but just security checks conducted during the year at random.

It is also possible he did not get phone time that day or the email system was down. If a facility is put on lockdown for cell searches there is no way for an inmate to notify a family or friend via email or phone anyway until after it happens as that is the point of the lockdown; surprise to the inmates. You will also not see it posted anywhere on the internet or on the doc site. Unless there is a major event happening at the facility you won't even know until after the fact and as I said it is usually just that day.

So just be patient, you will hear from him soon.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:00 AM

I know what a lockdown is and how it works that wasn't the question I asked and obviously I know he has no way to tell me that's why I asked for someone who actually knows something and I'm assuming you don't and it's not a regular so this information so the lockdowns aren't the same either.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:46 AM
Fluffypup

Do they know when they are going on lockdown?

I got an email last night from my friend at Forest saying not to worry if I don't hear from him for a few days as there might be a lockdown coming.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffypup View Post
Do they know when they are going on lockdown?

I got an email last night from my friend at Forest saying not to worry if I don't hear from him for a few days as there might be a lockdown coming.
The facility keeps that quiet until that moment if they are doing a lock down for cell searches. Your friend may just be hearing rumors from other inmates; that's usually what it is. Again, lock-downs for cell searches are supposed to be unannounced. They may just assume one is coming because it has been a while since the last one. But again, just a few inmates spreading rumors as usual.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranda0304 View Post
I know what a lockdown is and how it works that wasn't the question I asked and obviously I know he has no way to tell me that's why I asked for someone who actually knows something and I'm assuming you don't and it's not a regular so this information so the lockdowns aren't the same either.
Sorry that I could not be more helpful. I was not aware by your post that you knew what a lock-down was and why they happen. I was just trying to share my knowledge and experience with you according to your question. Maybe someone else has some more specific information to share with you.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:05 AM

Can this post be deleted?
Old 07-16-2016, 01:07 AM
Fluffypup

Looks like it may have happened as I haven't heard anything since Thursday morning.
Has anyone else?
Old 07-16-2016, 04:51 AM

Mine was telling me rumors of a week long lockdown. So far they were locked down Thurs and Fri. see how long it lasts.
Old 07-16-2016, 04:56 AM

These were rumord from CO's due to shanks being found. Apparently inmates were taking apart the dryers.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitinguntil001 View Post
The facility keeps that quiet until that moment if they are doing a lock down for cell searches. Your friend may just be hearing rumors from other inmates; that's usually what it is. Again, lock-downs for cell searches are supposed to be unannounced. They may just assume one is coming because it has been a while since the last one. But again, just a few inmates spreading rumors as usual.
Old 07-16-2016, 05:00 AM
Fluffypup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhishesmine View Post
Mine was telling me rumors of a week long lockdown. So far they were locked down Thurs and Fri. see how long it lasts.

Ok, thanks, so they are definitely on lockdown right now. Do you know how long it's normally for? Why would it be a week?
Obviously they don't have calls or emails. I'm guessing they don't have their tablets to access messages either?

Last edited by Fluffypup; 07-16-2016 at 05:14 AM..
Old 07-16-2016, 05:24 AM

Hard to say how long a lockdown will be. They were definitely locked down yesterday, I called. If you call and ask they will (usually) tell you. If they do a full shakedown it could last a few days, but I suspect that's not the case since they started it on Thurs. If I had to guess it should be over with today. But, who knows... and I only say that because during a lockdown councilors and CO's have to do the inmates jobs. I think it's just easier during the week. And yea, they can't get to the kiosks so no tablet/internet access.
The Following User Says Thank You to Imhishesmine For This Useful Post:
Fluffypup (07-16-2016)
Old 07-16-2016, 10:50 PM

SCI Forest lockdowns are usually 3 days, but my husband has done a week lockdown there as well.
Old 07-18-2016, 05:39 AM
Fluffypup

Quote:
Originally Posted by joypoh View Post
SCI Forest lockdowns are usually 3 days, but my husband has done a week lockdown there as well.
This is day 5 if it's not lifted today. Surely it can't be too much longer.
Old 07-22-2016, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffypup View Post
This is day 5 if it's not lifted today. Surely it can't be too much longer.
I'm not sure what day the lockdown started, but I haven't heard from my son since 7/13 and he had been anticipating this lockdown since 7/5 in relation to Ramadon, the conclusion of a holy month. So we were expecting it, just weren't sure when as someone said, they don't really announce when and how long. Just after nine days I am surprised I haven't even gotten snail mail to let me know he is ok. His grandmother's 75th B'day was today so I know something is wrong and he was not able to call. Any updated info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-22-2016, 01:11 PM
Fluffypup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jschck812 View Post
I'm not sure what day the lockdown started, but I haven't heard from my son since 7/13 and he had been anticipating this lockdown since 7/5 in relation to Ramadon, the conclusion of a holy month. So we were expecting it, just weren't sure when as someone said, they don't really announce when and how long. Just after nine days I am surprised I haven't even gotten snail mail to let me know he is ok. His grandmother's 75th B'day was today so I know something is wrong and he was not able to call. Any updated info would be greatly appreciated.
The lockdown was 6 days. It started last Thursday morning and ended wednesday morning.
Have you tried calling about your son? Hope you hear from him soon x

Last edited by Fluffypup; 07-22-2016 at 01:13 PM..
Old 08-31-2016, 08:30 AM

Default SCI Greene lockdown

Does anyone know if SCI Greene is currently on lockdown?
Old 09-02-2016, 06:44 AM

Still no emails, no calls Nothing
How could I find out if there's a lockdown?
Old 09-04-2016, 08:16 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,311 Times in 1,272 Posts

You can call the prison.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:18 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,311 Times in 1,272 Posts
Default PA DOC facilities on lock-down

We will use this sticky thread to post information on lockdowns. Please include the following:

1. Name of the STATE prison;
2. Source of your information (e.g., you called the prison, DOC website, etc.)
3. Start and end date, if you know them.

Thanks.
waitinguntil001 (09-05-2016)
Old 09-10-2016, 04:28 PM
Fluffypup

Anyone hear from anyone at Forest since yesterday morning?