Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > SULLIVAN HUB - NY DOCS
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

SULLIVAN HUB - NY DOCS New York State Prisons & Institutions located inside the SULLIVAN HUB - Ulster, Eastern, Woodbourne, Sullivan, Shawangunk, Wallkill, Otisville, Mid-Orange.

Old 09-09-2016, 02:27 PM

Thumbs down FRP at Sullivan

My husband and I have been having FRP visits since June 1997. Since he received a non violent tier 3 ticket last January 1st, 2015 he didn't receive any box or keep lock time. My visits were taken away. I wasn't even at the facility on a visit and I didn't see my husband from 3 weeks before 1/1/15. He was able to make calls and get packages. We got a time cut and the counselor told me to call him when our visits were back. Then when I called there was a new counselor and he said your husband can't apply until 8/31 8 weeks after confinement. I corrected him and advised my husband never had any box time/keep lock so he said ok have him submit his FRP. He sent it to Albany. In September my husband was told he had to take a 30 day ASAT program. He started in early October and into 2 weeks of the program the facilitator left on medical leave. By November 2015 my husband wrote Ms. C. Morris in Albany (FRP Director) and she responded with application is still under CMC review. On 12/17 my husband met with his counselor for parole (initial parole was 4/5/16) and the counselor is the FRP counselor also. The counselor (who is terrible) signed SAT (meaning satisfied next to ASAT and typed in RF - Removed no fault of inmate and they both signed it. My husband never asking any questions. Months go by and this March the teacher comes back and tells him he has to finish ASat which was only 10 days left. On 4/5 he went to parole the counselor was there never telling him to resubmit a new FRP application same back in December after 12/17 and I also called and spoke to him and he said it was completed and noted. On 4/21 my husband receives a DEnied due to ASAT not completed from Albany when it was done. I had all the paper work. I wrote to the counselor and called and he just blows it off and said there is nothing I can do. My husband speaks to him a few times he said there is nothing I can do. I can tell you my marriage is on the down side lately. We sent another letter to Albany and the counselors with the Dec 2015 notes attached what the counselor wrote. We have our application up in Albany since April and it was received but still waiting for an approval hopefully. My husband didn't get a refusal just a violation and we are suffering because of this. Are any of you ladies going through FRP problems?

Last edited by chrissylee89; 09-09-2016 at 02:55 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2016, 12:58 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,577 Times in 2,004 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk ! I can imagine how frustrating this situation must be for you Sorry I can't offer any insight for your predicament but hopefully someone with more information and/or experience on similar FRP problems will comment on your thread. Keep your head up!

Old 09-10-2016, 02:33 PM

Thank you.