Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Legal Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Legal Information Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Legal Information specific to Florida. This information is *NOT PROFESSIONAL* and should always be fact-checked!

Old 09-17-2016, 04:28 PM

Default Possible sentence for Fourth DUI in FL?

Hi everyone thanks for reading this I'm just curious my husband is in county right now with no bond for DUI with priors/property damage(hit a police car) and he has has a few other felonies is his past. For drug charges/intent to sell/theft does anyone have any idea on how long he will probably do? I read up to five years in state but will it really be that? What is the average. Also I have a no contact order because we were co defendants is a case that his charges got dropped and I'm currently on 12 months probation for. Is the contact order still in effect how can I find out? I'm scared to make contact with him but I don't want him to think I gave up on him..Will it be dropped only when I complete probation? Thank you again for answering my questions.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2016, 05:04 PM
attorney

Thanked 21,712 Times in 7,587 Posts

nobody can tell you. Do know that if the police officer was anywhere near that car, you can expect additional felonies.

Sounds like he's got a very extensive record, not just the other DUIs, so he's going to probably go towards the high end of any sentencing possibilities with the additional felonies stacked.

As for the NCO - gotta go to the courts and have the no contact lifted. I'd get permission from your PO to be around another felon and to have contact with said felon first.
Old 09-17-2016, 05:15 PM

Thank you for the reply very much appreciated my public defender was saying something about him having to go to court to get the info lifted but that can't happen due to the time he is facing so my best option would be to call my public defender and ask what to.do I'm assuming and talk to my p.o of course?