Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Louisiana Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:16 AM

Default Help get transfer...other inmates stole families contact info

Ok I need help PLEASE!! my husband was incar 10/03/16. 2 yr sentence. Vinelink shows him in the wrong facility. Plea deal agreed to had him going to rehab services. Anyway DOC has sent him to Tensas Parish 3 1/2 hra from home, hes not receiving ANY services whatsoever. instead of being in a state run facility, hes in a dilapidated building in a dorm. They aren't given personal hygiene items, pretty much dumped and left. So husband starts tk write ARP about it....pisses off the. "Dorm God" i call him ...another inmate who is bucking up the others to retaliate. So i get a call from husband..one kf the other inmates confiscated our family's contact info...numbers address etc. Now fear for us not only him. What can we do? Hes requested transfer and nothing has happened. This has been going on for 2 weeks. Who can j contact? Help please

Last edited by oletabbykatt; 11-30-2016 at 05:20 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2016, 11:28 AM

Thanked 1,887 Times in 746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oletabbykatt View Post
Ok I need help PLEASE!! my husband was incar 10/03/16. 2 yr sentence. Vinelink shows him in the wrong facility. Plea deal agreed to had him going to rehab services. Anyway DOC has sent him to Tensas Parish 3 1/2 hra from home, hes not receiving ANY services whatsoever. instead of being in a state run facility, hes in a dilapidated building in a dorm. They aren't given personal hygiene items, pretty much dumped and left. So husband starts tk write ARP about it....pisses off the. "Dorm God" i call him ...another inmate who is bucking up the others to retaliate. So i get a call from husband..one kf the other inmates confiscated our family's contact info...numbers address etc. Now fear for us not only him. What can we do? Hes requested transfer and nothing has happened. This has been going on for 2 weeks. Who can j contact? Help please
Can you contact the lawyer that was used to represent him? If it's in the transcripts that he's to go to rehab, that can happen. If nothing else, I would contact someone with Jimmy LeBlanc's office. He is with the Dept of Public Safety & Corrections. I heard him speak recently at a criminal justice reform summit in Baton Rouge. He was very much understanding about the need for better treatment & handling of prisoners. Someone in his office can check into it for you.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaReform View Post
Can you contact the lawyer that was used to represent him? If it's in the transcripts that he's to go to rehab, that can happen. If nothing else, I would contact someone with Jimmy LeBlanc's office. He is with the Dept of Public Safety & Corrections. I heard him speak recently at a criminal justice reform summit in Baton Rouge. He was very much understanding about the need for better treatment & handling of prisoners. Someone in his office can check into it for you.
Thank you!!
Old 12-02-2016, 07:50 AM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,987 Times in 7,361 Posts

You may need to get with an attorney to push a transfer. It will cost you some money, but at attorney can do things that we can't.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:41 AM

Thanked 11,100 Times in 6,007 Posts

Be prepared to answer HOW a transfer changes the family safety situation given that the address information remains in the hands of others.

Absent a direct threat to HIS physical safety, the agency has no real reason to transfer him.

As to programming, it will depend on what specifically is in the record pronounced BY the sentencing judge. If the judge has not specifically outlined treatment, then assignment is entirely at the discretion of the holding agency.