Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Legal News & Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Legal News & Information Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Legal Information specific to the State of Texas.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-04-2017, 01:45 AM
Nocontrol Nocontrol is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Amarillo Texas usa
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Question One year left on parole and catch new charge for forgery of financial inst.

My son went to Tennessee after begging p.o he needed help with drug problem and no help was given in texas. Was arrested in Tennessee. And is being held for extradition back to Texas. He only has 1 year left on parole. I had EVAN talked to his p.o. about him needing help. I expressed my concern about if he didn't get help he was gonna end up dead. No help was offered by p.o. what will happen to my son? Back to prison? , ISF? OR reinstate him?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 07-04-2017, 03:05 AM
fiat_nox's Avatar
fiat_nox fiat_nox is offline
still batshit crazy
 

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: the real world
Posts: 1,186
Thanks: 2,042
Thanked 1,219 Times in 567 Posts
Default

Surely your son has heard of NA - and AA? Both programs have helped many, many, many people get, and and stay, clean/sober. It's readily available to anyone who has the desire to change how they're living. No appointment, no waiting, no cost. I'd think that someone who sincerely wanted help, would have considered that as an option. The first step to beating an addiction, is to take some responsibility for one's self. No one can do it for someone else.

I do find it odd that your son begged his PO and wasn't offered as much as a phone number to one or both of the above programs. Most POs have a stack of NA/AA meeting schedules, complete with contact phone numbers.

Last edited by fiat_nox; 07-04-2017 at 03:07 AM.. Reason: I live in fear of typos
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fiat_nox For This Useful Post:
bmoreicon (07-04-2017), DanielsWyf (07-07-2017), rnsgaig (07-04-2017)
  #3  
Old 07-04-2017, 03:51 AM
Nocontrol Nocontrol is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Amarillo Texas usa
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Exclamation

He was going to na. But he's also a gang member . And it's really really hard and dangerous to get out of alive. He wanted to move from Amarillo but was denied permission and was not Behind on his fees.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-04-2017, 05:40 AM
OnlyInTexas's Avatar
OnlyInTexas OnlyInTexas is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,526
Thanks: 2,371
Thanked 1,135 Times in 637 Posts
Default

Was he in TN with permission?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OnlyInTexas For This Useful Post:
fiat_nox (07-04-2017)
  #5  
Old 07-04-2017, 06:39 AM
CenTexLyn CenTexLyn is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: TX-US
Posts: 14,913
Thanks: 648
Thanked 11,101 Times in 6,007 Posts
Default

Since this is an extradition, he will be returned to the Byrd Unit sometime within the next few weeks (presuming no local charges). He will be served with notice of his rights within the revocation process and the right to either request or waive a hearing. DO NOT admit to any of the allegations and DO NOT waive the hearing. It does not matter if the PO from the Huntsville District Parole Office that serves the PSV-48's says they believe it is an ISF sort of case...a PO has ZERO control over the Board's review of the matter and final disposition. Waiving the hearing means one elected to forfeit EVERY SINGLE CHANCE to provide information to a hearing officer.

Even being arrested out of State is something that the Parole Division still has to prove up. The rule is being out of State WITHOUT PERMISSION. That is precisely why competent counsel will ALWAYS subpoena the supervising officer (who generally won't appear due to distance). No cross-examination, no finding of violation. Same thing with many of the other allegations that will be brought forth.

As to the 'no help,' I call BS. Just about everyone comes out on Condition S, which includes the random UA testing and a requirement to attend AA/NA meetings. Further, even if the AA/NA requirement had been removed due to the passage of time, he STILL could have found groups that had people that gave a damn about their sobriety (lunchtime meetings with lots of people NOT on supervision tend to be the best from what I have been told by more than one person, precisely because those people CARE about their lives and are not there just to get a signature on a piece of paper). TDCJ does not have the ability to send people to some 28-day in-patient program. They also lack the resources to just put someone into a SAFP facility (which too many on paper whine about being ineffective anyhow).

With competent counsel, he is likely reinstated. Without competent counsel, lots of evidence comes in that should have been kept out and then it becomes a coin flip between ISF and revocation...
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
DanielsWyf (07-07-2017), fiat_nox (07-04-2017), Minor activist (07-08-2017), nimuay (07-04-2017)
  #6  
Old 07-07-2017, 12:59 AM
Nocontrol Nocontrol is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Amarillo Texas usa
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyInTexas View Post
Was he in TN with permission?
No he was not.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nocontrol For This Useful Post:
OnlyInTexas (07-07-2017)
  #7  
Old 07-07-2017, 01:04 AM
Nocontrol Nocontrol is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Amarillo Texas usa
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
Since this is an extradition, he will be returned to the Byrd Unit sometime within the next few weeks (presuming no local charges). He will be served with notice of his rights within the revocation process and the right to either request or waive a hearing. DO NOT admit to any of the allegations and DO NOT waive the hearing. It does not matter if the PO from the Huntsville District Parole Office that serves the PSV-48's says they believe it is an ISF sort of case...a PO has ZERO control over the Board's review of the matter and final disposition. Waiving the hearing means one elected to forfeit EVERY SINGLE CHANCE to provide information to a hearing officer.

Even being arrested out of State is something that the Parole Division still has to prove up. The rule is being out of State WITHOUT PERMISSION. That is precisely why competent counsel will ALWAYS subpoena the supervising officer (who generally won't appear due to distance). No cross-examination, no finding of violation. Same thing with many of the other allegations that will be brought forth.

As to the 'no help,' I call BS. Just about everyone comes out on Condition S, which includes the random UA testing and a requirement to attend AA/NA meetings. Further, even if the AA/NA requirement had been removed due to the passage of time, he STILL could have found groups that had people that gave a damn about their sobriety (lunchtime meetings with lots of people NOT on supervision tend to be the best from what I have been told by more than one person, precisely because those people CARE about their lives and are not there just to get a signature on a piece of paper). TDCJ does not have the ability to send people to some 28-day in-patient program. They also lack the resources to just put someone into a SAFP facility (which too many on paper whine about being ineffective anyhow).

With competent counsel, he is likely reinstated. Without competent counsel, lots of evidence comes in that should have been kept out and then it becomes a coin flip between ISF and revocation...
And he wanted more than a na or a aa meeting. He wanted rehab.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-07-2017, 01:54 AM
fiat_nox's Avatar
fiat_nox fiat_nox is offline
still batshit crazy
 

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: the real world
Posts: 1,186
Thanks: 2,042
Thanked 1,219 Times in 567 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontrol View Post
And he wanted more than a na or a aa meeting. He wanted rehab.
Rehab is not a magical cure. 27 days does not miraculously fix the problem so someone doesn't have to do any of the hard work to stay clean/sober. He will still need to do NA/AA - or something similar. He's still going to have to work his ass off if he sincerely wants to change his life. Blaming his current troubles on the fact that no one whisked him away to wondrous rehab-land is a bullshit cop-out. It shows a total lack of willingness to be responsible for his own actions. By buying into that and justifying his stupidity, you are enabling him and making things even worse.

IMO as a 25 year clean/sober alcoholic/addict who didn't do rehab, just busted her fucking ass and did a shit-ton of meetings.


ps. The majority of rehabs are based on the 12 steps of . . . wait for it . . . AA! . . . NA is based on AA.

Last edited by fiat_nox; 07-07-2017 at 01:57 AM.. Reason: ps.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fiat_nox For This Useful Post:
CenTexLyn (07-07-2017), DanielsWyf (07-07-2017), LifeTraveler (07-24-2017), MazeRat (07-07-2017), nimuay (07-07-2017)
  #9  
Old 07-07-2017, 08:27 AM
Nocontrol Nocontrol is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Amarillo Texas usa
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_nox View Post
Rehab is not a magical cure. 27 days does not miraculously fix the problem so someone doesn't have to do any of the hard work to stay clean/sober. He will still need to do NA/AA - or something similar. He's still going to have to work his ass off if he sincerely wants to change his life. Blaming his current troubles on the fact that no one whisked him away to wondrous rehab-land is a bullshit cop-out. It shows a total lack of willingness to be responsible for his own actions. By buying into that and justifying his stupidity, you are enabling him and making things even worse.

IMO as a 25 year clean/sober alcoholic/addict who didn't do rehab, just busted her fucking ass and did a shit-ton of meetings.


ps. The majority of rehabs are based on the 12 steps of . . . wait for it . . . AA! . . . NA is based on AA.
You know what mr.? No one said a damm thing about not needing aa/Na. The point I'm saying is this.....
My son was already to addicted to drugs where he needed to go to a detox with licensees Dr.'s because he could have died if he tried cold turkey. And he's not blaming ANYTHING ON ANYTHING OR ANYONE ! HE JUST NEEDED DETOX WITH A DR. SO STOP HATING!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-07-2017, 12:09 PM
nimuay's Avatar
nimuay nimuay is offline
Always Remembered

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: new york
Posts: 24,729
Thanks: 7,207
Thanked 30,838 Times in 11,078 Posts
Default

She's not hating, hon. She's trying to make it clear that what you're saying about the situation sounds too much like an excuse, one that the court will not be sympathetic to. There are many people who have gone cold turkey and been hauled to ERs to finish their detox, and if that's what needed to happen, then there would at least be a sign of dedication to the idea of getting clean.

Breathe a little, calm down, and don't assume too much about the negativity you're actually facing - it's probably not on this site.
__________________
You'll know you've created God in your own image when He hates all the people you do.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nimuay For This Useful Post:
CenTexLyn (07-07-2017), fiat_nox (07-07-2017), safran (07-07-2017)
  #11  
Old 07-07-2017, 01:42 PM
fiat_nox's Avatar
fiat_nox fiat_nox is offline
still batshit crazy
 

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: the real world
Posts: 1,186
Thanks: 2,042
Thanked 1,219 Times in 567 Posts
Default

Detox is not the same as rehab. Which is it?

IF your son was going to NA meetings, they would have helped him find a way to be medically detoxed.
Recovering addicts KNOW about this shit. They also care more than you can imagine.
It's also totally unbelievable that the PO didn't have so much as a phone number to give him, or a hospital to point him towards.

Your OP seemed to try to place blame on his PO.
But the responsibility is on your son. Not on his PO. Not on NA. Not on mom.

I am trying to make you understand, that if someone truly wants help, they can find it.

I am not hating. I have live where you are right now.
I am trying to show you what everyone else sees in this story.
Many, many, many holes.

If your son has been telling you this stuff, he's flat out lying.
He quit being your baby boy the minute he got fucked up for the first time.

Believe me, I KNOW THIS HURTS. But I am not the one hurting you.
Yell and scream and curse at me. I understand. I can take it.
But please, wake up and face the reality. It's the disease of addiction that's got you feeling this way. Not me.

There are things that can help YOU, Your Sanity and Your Peace of Mind.
Depending on where you live: Nar-anon. If that's not available, Al-Anon.

Still can't find it?
SoberRecovery.com Family and Friends forum.

Helping yourself is THE single best thing you can do to help your son.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fiat_nox For This Useful Post:
MazeRat (07-08-2017), nimuay (07-07-2017)
  #12  
Old 07-07-2017, 07:09 PM
CenTexLyn CenTexLyn is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: TX-US
Posts: 14,913
Thanks: 648
Thanked 11,101 Times in 6,007 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontrol View Post
And he wanted more than a na or a aa meeting. He wanted rehab.
What steps did he take to get into a 28-day in-patient program on his own? The Parole Division doesn't have the ability to put him in one. They could take steps to approve the travel out of State if the program was outside of Texas, but the only rehab programming beyond NA/AA would be SAFPF, which typically is going to require a revocation hearing have been conducted or that there be a series of dirty UA's that result in a placement by Board transmittal. Once set for SAFPF placement, there is often a four to six week lag sitting in County Jail awaiting transfer to the six month program.

Now, what steps did he take to address HIS drug addiction? At what point has he accepted responsibility for his addiction? What in-patient program was he participating in while he was in an absconder status outside of Texas?

Last edited by CenTexLyn; 07-07-2017 at 07:11 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
fiat_nox (07-07-2017), safran (07-07-2017)
  #13  
Old 07-07-2017, 08:42 PM
IzzyLouWho's Avatar
IzzyLouWho IzzyLouWho is offline
Registered User

Staff Superstar Winner 

 

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,094
Thanks: 947
Thanked 3,228 Times in 1,573 Posts
Default

I know you love your son and feel that the system failed him. I'm sorry for that. There are things he could have done without leaving the state... Why did he leave without permission?

I spent many years working in ER admissions... I had patients come in because they were addicts and needed help. They we're admitted, medically detoxed and then given access to the help they needed to stay clean. He could have gone to his family doctor and asked for help.

My husband is an addict. I couldn't imagine going through this with a child. Your son is an adult, though. He has to take responsibility for his choices. Did he actively try to find a medical detox? Did you? Or, did you expect his parole officer to find him one? I don't expect hubby's PO to find him the help he needs. I find it. We let her know what's going on and what steps we are taking, but we take care of business. He has to learn to take responsibility for himself.

Now, he has to deal with the consequences of choosing to leave the state. Maybe when he gets back out, he can take the needed steps to stay clean. He needs to want it enough to work for it.
__________________
Angela




Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IzzyLouWho For This Useful Post:
fiat_nox (07-07-2017), safran (07-07-2017)
  #14  
Old 07-08-2017, 05:31 AM
MazeRat MazeRat is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 58
Thanks: 60
Thanked 40 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Your son is responsible for the consequences of his actions. He chose to take drugs. If he chooses to stop taking drugs he also chooses to get the help he needs. Getting help for your son isn't your responsibility, it isn't his PO's responsibility, and it isn't the state's responsibility. It's your son's responsibility. He needs to quit expecting someone else to do the hard work for him.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MazeRat For This Useful Post:
fiat_nox (07-08-2017)
  #15  
Old 07-08-2017, 06:42 AM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,540
Thanks: 153
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,805 Posts
Default

Just ignore any comments you feel are negative. Addiction is horrible and your son needs help not prison. And btw all rehabs are not just 28 day programs. My niece lives at a rehab and has been there for six months. She's doing great btw. I hope the outcome is better then expected and he can get the help he needs.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
fiat_nox (07-08-2017)
  #16  
Old 07-08-2017, 02:33 PM
Nocontrol Nocontrol is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Amarillo Texas usa
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
Just ignore any comments you feel are negative. Addiction is horrible and your son needs help not prison. And btw all rehabs are not just 28 day programs. My niece lives at a rehab and has been there for six months. She's doing great btw. I hope the outcome is better then expected and he can get the help he needs.
Exactly! Thank you! The parole division has to give you permission to go to rehab because my son would not be there to report the next month.Here in Amarillo, if u don't have a address of where u live , they will violate you. All they care about is that and show up for the appointments. My son wanted to move to dalhart Texas which is a hour and a half away and his p.o. said no.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-08-2017, 02:35 PM
Nocontrol Nocontrol is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Amarillo Texas usa
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazeRat View Post
Your son is responsible for the consequences of his actions. He chose to take drugs. If he chooses to stop taking drugs he also chooses to get the help he needs. Getting help for your son isn't your responsibility, it isn't his PO's responsibility, and it isn't the state's responsibility. It's your son's responsibility. He needs to quit expecting someone else to do the hard work for him.
And your wrong!!!! A parole officers job is to male sure you have and get WHATEVER IT IS NEEDED TO GET OFF OF PAROLE. NOT A HAND OUT BUT A HAND UP!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-08-2017, 02:42 PM
Nocontrol Nocontrol is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Amarillo Texas usa
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmazingMrsB View Post
I know you love your son and feel that the system failed him. I'm sorry for that. There are things he could have done without leaving the state... Why did he leave without permission?

I spent many years working in ER admissions... I had patients come in because they were addicts and needed help. They we're admitted, medically detoxed and then given access to the help they needed to stay clean. He could have gone to his family doctor and asked for help.

My husband is an addict. I couldn't imagine going through this with a child. Your son is an adult, though. He has to take responsibility for his choices. Did he actively try to find a medical detox? Did you? Or, did you expect his parole officer to find him one? I don't expect hubby's PO to find him the help he needs. I find it. We let her know what's going on and what steps we are taking, but we take care of business. He has to learn to take responsibility for himself.

Now, he has to deal with the consequences of choosing to leave the state. Maybe when he gets back out, he can take the needed steps to stay clean. He needs to want it enough to work for it.
I'm not asking for any help or saying anything. But it is the pos job to be there and help with whatever resources available to help felons. My son makes bad decisions . ..WHO DON'T? I JUST WAS WONDERING WHAT WAS GONNA HAPPEN TO HIM OR IF HE COULD BE REINSTATED OR WHAT? SO FOR THE HATERS OUT THERE ,,, YOU CAN'T PUT MY SON'S SHINE OUT! NOR MINE. GOD DON'T LIKE UGLY! And i myself am a recovered addict of 10 years of sobriety. So in the sense of rehab we ALL KNOW IF HE ISN'T READY THEN IT'S A WASTE OF EVERYONE'S TIME. I AM BEHIND MY SON 200% . BUT I HAVE WATCHED AND HEARD WITH MY OWN EYES THE PAROLE DEPARTMENT TIME AFTER TIME FAIL TO EVAN CONSIDER OR EVAN HEAR THE CRYS OF HELP MY SON HAS ASKED FOR. SO PLEASE KNOW I'M NOT A NEWBIE

Last edited by Nocontrol; 07-08-2017 at 02:54 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-08-2017, 04:06 PM
safran's Avatar
safran safran is offline
Owned
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Azkaban
Posts: 3,393
Thanks: 1,525
Thanked 4,339 Times in 1,959 Posts
Default

"A parole officers job is to male sure you have and get WHATEVER IT IS NEEDED TO GET OFF OF PAROLE. NOT A HAND OUT BUT A HAND UP!"

Can you show us where this is stated as fact? I can't think of any government agency that can give a person, no matter how needy, "whatever" is needed - there simply aren't funds to do that.

And you are right G-d don't like ugly and he likes it even less from a person that is blaming everybody except the guilty party. Not only blaming the wrong people, but blaming them while having an attitude.

This is not the PO's fault. This is not the fault of Texas. Your son caused this. Not only did he cause the problem he has made the problem dramatically worse and I bet he didn't detox with medical care either.

And you are right; we all made bad decisions at times, but the difference is some of us learned from those bad decisions and we accepted responsibility for them. You learned and perhaps it is time you make it clear to your son it is time for him to learn too. Continued enabling is not helping him. You can be behind somebody a 100% and still admit they are in the wrong - it doesn't mean you love him less.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to safran For This Useful Post:
fiat_nox (07-08-2017), MazeRat (07-09-2017)
  #20  
Old 07-08-2017, 06:19 PM
CenTexLyn CenTexLyn is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: TX-US
Posts: 14,913
Thanks: 648
Thanked 11,101 Times in 6,007 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontrol View Post
And your wrong!!!! A parole officers job is to male sure you have and get WHATEVER IT IS NEEDED TO GET OFF OF PAROLE. NOT A HAND OUT BUT A HAND UP!
Don't recall that language appearing in ANY of the Policies and Procedures either during my career or at present...please DO point out which of the POP/PD's contains that guidance.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-08-2017, 06:26 PM
CenTexLyn CenTexLyn is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: TX-US
Posts: 14,913
Thanks: 648
Thanked 11,101 Times in 6,007 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontrol View Post
Exactly! Thank you! The parole division has to give you permission to go to rehab because my son would not be there to report the next month.Here in Amarillo, if u don't have a address of where u live , they will violate you. All they care about is that and show up for the appointments. My son wanted to move to dalhart Texas which is a hour and a half away and his p.o. said no.
In order to process a transfer, there has to be a verified address. Once an address is provided, then the supervising PO would send it to the appropriate office for review. In this case, there would ALSO have to be a transmittal submitted to the Board for the County of Residence Exception. You do not get to just say 'hey, I want to get out of here...' and have it happen.

Having a valid address is NOT limited to Amarillo. It is called the law. It is the reason that a CORE is required to reside in a County OTHER than where the offense was committed. This holds just as true in the Valley or in El Paso as it does in Texarkana and the Panhandle.

Even if one presumes a properly submitted address was not processed by the PO, it STILL does not excuse in any manner the absconding much less leaving the State of Texas.

A Hearing Officer is going to view this in the same manner as many here on the thread have viewed it...a bunch of excuses and zero acceptance of responsibility. It's all someone ELSE's fault. And that, more often than not, adds up to a revocation decision instead of a decision to reinstate supervision (albeit with the likelihood of an ISF placement followed by a HWH placement if there is no other valid plan placement).
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-08-2017, 09:49 PM
Y25 Y25 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Plano, TX, USA
Posts: 678
Thanks: 1,295
Thanked 427 Times in 279 Posts
Default

As someone who has dealt with an addict and the Texas parole system, I most definitely agree with all that has been said about accepting responsibility and the addict having to learn to run their own life. I will add, though, that while my loved one was on parole, it was very common for the parole officers to tell addicts that they should let them know if they were struggling and needed help. More than once we saw people arrested when they admitted relapsing, and the only help offered was some sort of incarceration. I understand that using technically justified that sort of action. I'm just saying that some POs do imply that they can help with some sort of relapse support even if that doesn't necessarily happen.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-09-2017, 12:37 AM
Nocontrol Nocontrol is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Amarillo Texas usa
Posts: 11
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by safran View Post
"A parole officers job is to male sure you have and get WHATEVER IT IS NEEDED TO GET OFF OF PAROLE. NOT A HAND OUT BUT A HAND UP!"

Can you show us where this is stated as fact? I can't think of any government agency that can give a person, no matter how needy, "whatever" is needed - there simply aren't funds to do that.

And you are right G-d don't like ugly and he likes it even less from a person that is blaming everybody except the guilty party. Not only blaming the wrong people, but blaming them while having an attitude.

This is not the PO's fault. This is not the fault of Texas. Your son caused this. Not only did he cause the problem he has made the problem dramatically worse and I bet he didn't detox with medical care either.

And you are right; we all made bad decisions at times, but the difference is some of us learned from those bad decisions and we accepted responsibility for them. You learned and perhaps it is time you make it clear to your son it is time for him to learn too. Continued enabling is not helping him. You can be behind somebody a 100% and still admit they are in the wrong - it doesn't mean you love him less.

Working effectively with other state agencies and community resources to build intervention programs which facilitate the parolee's success in society;

This is where it says that!!!! Texas parole officers job duties.

Why are some of u people EVAN on here??? I don't need anyone to tell me what my son is, does , or did. !!!! I come here for advice about what was the least & worst punishment he could possably get. That it. Some of u people ..... look in the mirror. Shame on you!

Last edited by Nocontrol; 07-09-2017 at 12:42 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 07-09-2017, 02:58 AM
IzzyLouWho's Avatar
IzzyLouWho IzzyLouWho is offline
Registered User

Staff Superstar Winner 

 

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,094
Thanks: 947
Thanked 3,228 Times in 1,573 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontrol View Post
Working effectively with other state agencies and community resources to build intervention programs which facilitate the parolee's success in society;

This is where it says that!!!! Texas parole officers job duties.

Why are some of u people EVAN on here??? I don't need anyone to tell me what my son is, does , or did. !!!! I come here for advice about what was the least & worst punishment he could possably get. That it. Some of u people ..... look in the mirror. Shame on you!

This is a public forum and you are going to get all kinds of responses. Some, you'll like... Others, not so much. The best philosophy is to take what helps and leave the rest behind.

Our members are here either for support or to offer information. Yes, you asked a question about potential consequences of your son's actions. CenTexLyn answered that. Other members commented on a theme they saw in your posts... You are blaming the system for your son not getting the help he needed. Yes, the system may have failed him, but what steps did he take to find the needed help? What steps did you take? It has been stated that when he goes for his hearing, they aren't going to buy blaming his Parole Officer. They are going to look at his actions and his efforts to obtain the needed services.

Sometimes others can see things that we can't. Personally, if someone I loved was that desperate to get help, I would have packed them in the car and gone to the ER. That's me, though.

I understand that you are angry at the situation. Lashing out and questioning why members are here isn't really productive. Support comes in many different forms. It's not always sugar coated hand holding. Nobody has said anything out of bounds... They basically told you that your son had a personal responsibility to seek and obtain the services he needed... That you could have stepped in and helped him obtain those services... And that you appear to be an enabler. What you don't appear to to want to see is that if we see it that way from a few posts, that's probably how it's going to be seen at his hearing.

Take a step back from the situation and look at it as if you're not involved. Look at it as if it's a friend going through it all. Look at it as if you are one of the people deciding the consequences of his actions. Get a different perspective and you might see some of the things that have been pointed out here.
__________________
Angela




Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IzzyLouWho For This Useful Post:
CenTexLyn (07-09-2017), MazeRat (07-09-2017)
  #25  
Old 07-09-2017, 06:06 AM
CenTexLyn CenTexLyn is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: TX-US
Posts: 14,913
Thanks: 648
Thanked 11,101 Times in 6,007 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontrol View Post
I don't need anyone to tell me what my son is, does , or did. !!!! I come here for advice about what was the least & worst punishment he could possably get. That it.
The first has a very strong link with the second. But hey, what do I know...this has only been a field in which I have 30 years of experience on both sides of the fence, part of which involved making recommendations on cases EXACTLY like that of your son. Now I work on cases EXACTLY like that of your son, just from the other side of the hearing table.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
ElizaB (07-09-2017), IzzyLouWho (07-09-2017)
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
new charge, no help from p.o., parole

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Catch up. How are you coping? Hows life? How much time do you have left? Brandyboo General Prison Talk 6 03-23-2017 02:14 AM
Parole violation/new charge; Is the new sentence + the time left on parole? vasmith New York Parole, Probation & Release 2 05-06-2015 02:11 PM
Okay? about his parole...he got a set of on a 20 year agg charge :-) mrslee5 Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service 3 03-06-2012 08:19 AM
Charge dropped against woman left in cell 4 days Judeca World Prison News 5 07-09-2008 12:43 AM
Parole for 15 year habitual offender charge TedEBare Michigan Parole, Probation, Halfway Houses, Employment, etc. 10 04-01-2008 09:19 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:10 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics