Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Mississippi.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:39 AM

Question Is Parchman MS Unit 26 a transit unit?

Hello all,
My husband was just transferred from Rankin county to Parchman Unit 26 this past week. He has not seen his case manager yet so he doesn't know if he will be staying at Parchman or moving to a satellite. Some guys at Parchman had told him that it is a transit unit and since he has medical issues(blood clotting disorder) that he will probably not be staying there long. Anyone heard of Unit 26 being a transit unit? Anyone also heard of a new law that was supposed to go into effect July 1, 2017 regarding 25% changing to 15% of the time served for the non violent crime?
Thanks all...kind of new to all of this
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2018, 05:56 PM
AmyLynn

I know this is old but just wanted to answer anyways. It is a transit unit because 26 is red and whites which is C custody. You have to remain RVR free for a year and can be classified back down to B custody(black and whites) and will be transferred out to lower custody level.

They are trying to make all MSP red and whites only.