Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Ohio Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 08-09-2017, 03:01 PM

Talking Approved for visiting but not jpay video visits?

My bf wants me to set up a jpay video visit and when I went to the website to do it it says I'm not approved for this?? I am a approved visitor and I go every other firday for visits so I don't understand why?? and also what can you get away with on the video visits...I know he wants to see more and all that but I'm also afraid they will stop our real visits if we do something crazy lol they have all ready done that to us 2 times in real visits so any help with this would be great. I hope I posted this in the correct place as well since I'm new to this site and a lot of this also thanks in advance for your help
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2017, 04:08 PM
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 22,819 Times in 8,080 Posts

I've moved your post to the Ohio forum where people more familiar with facility policies might be able to offer advice.

Video visits are monitored. If you've been tagged during visits for inappropriate behavior, you'll be treated the same with video visits. Sometimes I think they're even more strict because it's even easier to monitor than a crowded room of visitors.

Visits are a privilege and if we want to keep them, we do that by following the rules.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
nancyginnm (08-09-2017)
Old 04-02-2019, 10:15 AM

Hi.
I am having the same issue with my video visitation. I've confirmed that I am an approved visitor but Jpay will not allow me to schedule a visit.
Did you ever have this issue resolved? Is there something else I should be doing?