Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC New York Prisons in the WENDE HUB - Albion, Attica, Orleans, Rochester, Buffalo, Wende, Wyoming, Livingston, Groveland, Collins, Gowanda, Lakeview.

Old 08-14-2017, 01:57 PM

Default Being transferred from county jail to prison?

I was supposed to visit my boyfriend today in Monroe County Jail. He had his friend call me today to tell me that they transferred him to somewhere else at 4:00 this morning so not to drive up there and that he said he'll call me as soon as he can. Does anybody know how long it will take for him to be able to call me or be able to do anything? And is there anywhere online I might be able to find out which prison they put him in?
Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielle2360 View Post
I was supposed to visit my boyfriend today in Monroe County Jail. He had his friend call me today to tell me that they transferred him to somewhere else at 4:00 this morning so not to drive up there and that he said he'll call me as soon as he can. Does anybody know how long it will take for him to be able to call me or be able to do anything? And is there anywhere online I might be able to find out which prison they put him in?
Thank you.
And if he was in Monroe County Jail which is in Rochester would he most likely be in one of these prisons that are in this thread or can they just put him anywhere in New York State?
Old 08-14-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
And if he was in Monroe County Jail which is in Rochester would he most likely be in one of these prisons that are in this thread or can they just put him anywhere in New York State?
First a reception facility for classification, then to a facility that suits his needs
Old 08-14-2017, 04:13 PM

Thanked 3,338 Times in 1,559 Posts

Quote:
Nys inmate lookup will eventually tell you, but it might be a few days. Before you go see him, call to find out when he can get visitors, so you don't waste a trip.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:17 PM

Thanked 3,338 Times in 1,559 Posts

Phone services also might be different and you will need to set up an account. Someone else will be able to give you the specifics on how to do that.

Relax. This is the normal procedure.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:34 PM

Good chance he's been taken to Elmira Cor. Facility, it's a reception center (about 2 hours south-ish of Rochester). You can call and inquire if he's there...they may tell you, and they may not, depending who you talk to.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles844 View Post
Good chance he's been taken to Elmira Cor. Facility, it's a reception center (about 2 hours south-ish of Rochester). You can call and inquire if he's there...they may tell you, and they may not, depending who you talk to.
Do you know how long they are usually there if they are there for reception?