Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > VIRGINIA > Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Virginia that do not fit into any other Virginia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-05-2017, 05:17 PM

Default I am new, and short term, with so many ?s

Hi all! So, after a long appeal/fight, we took a plea... although he was not guilty, we let them give him a sentencing of 110 days. Not bad right? And its a misdemeanor..... I feel like I don't fit in here, as I have no right to complain after reading through what some of you guys are going through but I thought maybe you guys could help. This will be long, and I will split each part into its own paragraph!!!!!

I will start with he is in Rappahannock Regional ( yuck)

So... 110 days, misdemeanor... That means, he should do 50% of that (55 days) correct?

He got arrested on the charge on a Wednesday and got bonded out 2 Saturdays later. That gives him 10 days served. These people are trying to tell him they dont "see" that, although they ordered AND administered medications to him smh..... then they said they might give him some of it, but the rest is DEAD time. Is that even legal? The time served was for the charge that he is sentenced......

I have Power of Attorney, full, because of his medical conditions. They are refusing to give me their projected release date..... they "can't" but my legal notarized paperwork says they are wrong. I have to be able to take off work ahead of time to make it out of town to get him, and have things in order.

Yes, I am sounding like a whiney ass.. .but lastly... He suffers from Siezures, and I am FIGHTING them to get him into medical, at least until I get all of the medical paperwork in hand to fax over.... they are responsible for multiple seizures due to medication being given off schedule. Of course, though, there are no records in their system of these seizures even happening, or the 15 minutes it took them to code on the first one where he almost died. No recollection, no paper trail..... I just need to make it and I am worried sick about his health... any advice?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2017, 05:43 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,782 Times in 16,039 Posts

I can't answer your questions for Virginia (I'm in KY) but I do want to welcome you to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 09-17-2017, 07:39 AM

Thanks for the welcome I reached out through congress, as well as multiple areas of the DOC, who then promised a call from the Superintendent.... so he called, of course during the 30 minutes I told him I would be unavailable due to a meeting, and then promised to call back, and never did.

Unfortunately, they are not giving his medication as prescribed, and he has suffered already one massive seizure because of it. They refused to give me any information, so I will be praying that legal aid will assist me. It's hard as it is to find a lawyer to fight the system, but even harder without money (living without his income is a huge hit to us, and until he gets home bills are already stacking up). Thank god he got lucky and his cellmate had a funny feeling and didn't leave for rec, because he said his head was going straight for the corner of the boat they put them in to sleep.... This place sickens me....
Old 09-17-2017, 08:20 AM

Thanked 3,352 Times in 1,566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaGsdFamily View Post
Thanks for the welcome I reached out through congress, as well as multiple areas of the DOC, who then promised a call from the Superintendent.... so he called, of course during the 30 minutes I told him I would be unavailable due to a meeting, and then promised to call back, and never did.

Unfortunately, they are not giving his medication as prescribed, and he has suffered already one massive seizure because of it. They refused to give me any information, so I will be praying that legal aid will assist me. It's hard as it is to find a lawyer to fight the system, but even harder without money (living without his income is a huge hit to us, and until he gets home bills are already stacking up). Thank god he got lucky and his cellmate had a funny feeling and didn't leave for rec, because he said his head was going straight for the corner of the boat they put them in to sleep.... This place sickens me....
Due to his medical issues, do you have a HIPPA form filled out so they can discuss his medical with you. I believe the POA isn't enough.

Also reach out to your state representatives if he state property. Local officials if he is in county. Congressional reps usually only help with Fed issues.

Yes, you belong here. Whether it is 55 days, 110, or 4 years. Wish you luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (09-19-2017), xolady (09-20-2017)
Old 09-18-2017, 02:10 PM

I have reached out to many state representatives as well as DOC reps. Still no reply from the superintendent. 30 days and a wake up, and I am still no less stressed than day 1. I am trying to hold in there, but like today, rec should have started at 3:30, and I await that call to know that he is OK, and it hasn't come yet. I don't know if they are late on rec, on lockdown, if there was a code, if something has happened to him. I of course am always on edge when I do not hear from him at the times that he is SUPPOSED to be able to use the phones.
Old 09-19-2017, 12:07 PM
By his side no matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaGsdFamily View Post
I have reached out to many state representatives as well as DOC reps. Still no reply from the superintendent. 30 days and a wake up, and I am still no less stressed than day 1. I am trying to hold in there, but like today, rec should have started at 3:30, and I await that call to know that he is OK, and it hasn't come yet. I don't know if they are late on rec, on lockdown, if there was a code, if something has happened to him. I of course am always on edge when I do not hear from him at the times that he is SUPPOSED to be able to use the phones.
Unfortunately Virginia takes their slow sweet time when it comes to the inmates. They feel they have them right where they want them so they can make money on them somehow. I KNOW all too well how frustrating it can be. My husband in in Middle River and I will have to say that the guards, well most of them are VERY helpful. Try to call and ask someone when you dont hear from him and explain what is up with his condition and all and why you worry. Hopefully then can at least let you know if they are a lockdown or what not . Plus you will have it on record you let the facility know about his condition too so hopefully they will document it for you. Im sorry you feel you are getting no where I have been there A LOT and it does bother me but people here are amazing and they will help out a lot if they can. Good luck !!
Old 09-20-2017, 07:23 AM

I have tried many times. When you call you can request the main reception, who is the assistant to the superintendent, but she never answers nor does she ever call back. Another morning of nothing, and after the seizure last week I am in shambles. It is hard to carry on day to day when it's constantly on my mind.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:35 AM

So today, still no calls.
I contacted records and they are normally helpful but she wouldn't even tell me if he was in his cell or moved possibly to medical, transferred me to the pod case manager and I left a message. I then called medica, explained I am his POA and wanted just to know if he was in medical or not, they said they cannot tell me that and transferred me to a lieutenant and I left a voicemail there as well. I then left a voice mail for the superintendent. No calls back, no information, and what worries me is that I believe if he wasn't in medical they would have just said NO. They have cut rec short or locked down for one, but never have I not gotten a call through 2-3. I'm an emotional rec, and just praying I get some kind of call back with information. I have a major job interview tomorrow and I'm not going to be mentally in my right mind if I'm still in the dark.