Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > VIRGINIA > Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Virginia that do not fit into any other Virginia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:25 PM

Default Calls from Medical?

I just received a call from another inmate asking me if my boyfriend was okay. He was just transferred to Dillwyn, and he's not handling it well. He apparently had a panic attack sometime in the middle of the night and was taken to medical, and I had absolutely no idea. He called me early this morning, but I missed his call, and now I feel horrible about it! Do they allow phone calls from medical? I received no other calls from him today, so kind of wondering if I'm going to receive one again at 7 am? Sorry, I just don't have anyone else to ask or talk to about any of this.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2017, 09:53 PM

My presumption and experience I've had in Australian prisons that unless you are his next of kin they will NOT contact you even regarding medical reasons including disclosing Nat information in regard to his medical history.
The Following User Says Thank You to khharris For This Useful Post:
Rigora (09-27-2017)
Old 09-27-2017, 08:56 AM

I haven't heard anything from his mother or brother, so I'll take that as a positive sign. He also said he heard they were going on lock down soon, so maybe that started and that's why I haven't heard form him in 4 days?
Old 09-30-2017, 08:27 AM

I finally heard from my boyfriend. While the prison was indeed on lock down, he spent four days of it in a padded cell. They handled his panic attack by handcuffing him and putting him in a cell for a few days. He is strong and when he has a panic attack, it's like he enters a different world. He can't swim, but totally almost drug us into a river once during a panic attack. So, I totally understand the need for handcuffing him, but sticking him in a cell for a few days and not addressing the issue at all bothers me. Guess I was being a little too hopeful that he'd receive better medical care at the prison over the jail.