Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nevada Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, halfway house, community service, etc in Nevada should be posted here.

Old 10-05-2017, 10:47 AM

Default Interstate Compact Rules regarding earned time

I apologize if this question has already been addressed. my husband luckily was able to transfer his probation (5yrs) from Mississippi to Nevada this summer. In Mississippi he was getting earned time (30/30). In nevada earned time is 20/30 as long as you meet the requirements and in compliance with the rules. He was told however that he doesnt qualify for earned time because his supervision was transfered. Does anyone know if this is true? they seem to be usure about it. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2017, 08:41 PM

Thanked 11,101 Times in 6,007 Posts

When you seek to transfer, you agree to be supervised in the manner by which the Receiving State supervises. Any decision to terminate supervision due to expiration at some earlier date is not one they can make. Nevada will supervise with the presumption that he will report for the balance of the five years...

I've never heard of good time being applied once someone was out of custody. Once released, then it is generally a day-for-day thing. But if he wants Mississippi benefits on policy, then he needs to stay in Mississippi.
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
sydh3113 (10-06-2017)
Old 10-06-2017, 11:17 AM

Thanks CenTexLyn, 5 yrs of probation was something he expected anyway. Regardless of the state he was in. Having him here with his family is worth it. Rules vary by state and we expected it to be different. The probation officer was just confused about him receiving Nevadas probation of 20/30 good time. (If your employed, full time student,etc.) just like MS required. He even said he didn't really know for sure. I just thought it strange because I know hes not the first to transfer here. Thanks again.