Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > VIRGINIA > Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Virginia that do not fit into any other Virginia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-17-2018, 07:42 PM

Default How do we get his Security Level changed?

Hi,

My son was in a level 1-2 facility. He got charged with some street
charges and due to that he was considered a security threat moved to a level 3-4 facility. It has been almost a year and the charges were dropped.
How do we get him out of the higher level security back to where he was?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2018, 09:00 PM
Always Remembered

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,829 Times in 11,078 Posts

There's no 'we' in this situation. He has to make sure he's error-free and has to talk to his counselor.

Meanwhile, I've moved your thread to the Florida forum, because these answers change from state to state.
maytayah (02-18-2018), Sarianna (02-18-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 08:31 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 10,861 Times in 4,514 Posts

Nimuay is right you can't have any influence on his security level.He has do it by himself by staying out of trouble engaging in positive activity and evidencing that he should be in lower custody.
His counsellor/ case worker will then determine his custody level at his review.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:29 PM

He has stayed out of trouble.
He got charged with some street charges and that's
why he had an increase in his security level. Prior to that he was a level 1 The
charges have been dropped.