Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Georgia Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 03-28-2019, 03:46 AM

Default Snail Mail letters

Hey all,
I have been looking around and for some reason I can't find what I am looking for.

I have a friend in Lee Arrendale, and I don't know why but committed myself to write her an actual letter rather than relying on Jpay - I say this because I have been typing for years and can type 140 words per minute but can hardly write one page without my wrist hurting haha.

I just can't find any of the rules for sending snail mail letters to her. Have looked on their website on the JPay forums and in here and can't really find anything.

I may be easily looking in the wrong spot but would love if someone could help out and point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance I am sure that she will appreciate your help
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2019, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,711 Times in 3,035 Posts

I don't know the specifics on how to send snail mail, a quick search only showed me that they can receive snail mail (some states are getting to where they don't allow it at all).

Hopefully someone will be along soon who knows the system better than I do. I don't trust the electronic systems in Oregon - they fail to work properly half the time. I type up my letters and print them, then send snail mail. I only hand write if it's a card and I don't have to write more than a paragraph. ... I send a lot of cards

Also, I moved your thread into the Georgia forum for mail related questions. Hopefully someone will see it and offer more details than I could find.

Last edited by GingerM; 03-28-2019 at 06:07 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
IamMe_australia (03-28-2019)
Old 03-29-2019, 05:52 PM

Anyone out there able to help - I can't find anything on their websites etc.
Do I need to blanket the top left with their GDC and address and top right with my one or is that just required for on the envelope?

I don't really want to start writing and then find out I have to write it all again because I didn't do it properly!
Old 05-07-2019, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamMe_australia View Post
Anyone out there able to help - I can't find anything on their websites etc.
Do I need to blanket the top left with their GDC and address and top right with my one or is that just required for on the envelope?

I don't really want to start writing and then find out I have to write it all again because I didn't do it properly!
Why not just contact the prison?