Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Mississippi.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:27 AM

Default Need help calculating time to serve/Update

What is the percent of time my husband will have to serve for 5 years. On the MDOC website it says number of charges 2 and 5 years. Are they counting each charge for 5 years a piece of together. If so how much will he have to do. Also how long does it take for him to get classified. He has been at CMCF for 2 going on 3 months and nothing has happened
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2018, 10:30 AM
AmyLynn

I would like to think it was a total of 5 years. Cmcf does take its time in reception period. 3 months is kind of a long time for reception there. Has he called or written u?
Old 05-02-2018, 10:55 AM

Thank you for replying but yes he has done both. He was in 720 for a few weeks after a week of being there but when he got put back on the zone, he hasnít heard anything. By him not being classified we donít know anything as far as how much time he has or where he will be house
The Following User Says Thank You to KeeJoiner For This Useful Post:
CAYSONSWIFEY1 (05-09-2018)
Old 05-02-2018, 09:29 PM
AmyLynn

I talked to my boyfriend about this. He told me as far as the time he said the MDOC website should have list a date. Could say tentative release date, ERS date, or max out date. He wanted to know if you knew if his time was mandatory or not? He asked if it was a violent offense or non violent? That matters because they base percentage of how long he will do on that. He's thinking on 5 years he would do at least 18 months on it for sure. I told him he was in 720(he had to tell me that was medical cause I didn't know) and he told me that it could be a number of reasons as to why he hasn't been classed yet. He was thinking they don't have a bed open yet for where they are wanting to class yours at. He said to tell you to tell him he can send in a request into his unit's case manager asking what the status was on his classification and they will respond back. He did say that once he is classed he will be given his time sheet and he will know how long he will have to do for sure and dates on that too. You can always message me if need be and I will help all I can.
uRmylife (05-03-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeJoiner View Post
Thank you for replying but yes he has done both. He was in 720 for a few weeks after a week of being there but when he got put back on the zone, he hasnít heard anything. By him not being classified we donít know anything as far as how much time he has or where he will be house
They go to 720 for psych when they get moved to 720 they ain't long from being transferred to the facility there going to be at I pray ur hubby don't get sent to parchman it's a heart ache that don't stop hurting
The Following User Says Thank You to CAYSONSWIFEY1 For This Useful Post:
ItsMe81 (05-09-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeJoiner View Post
You can email the classification department with his doc number name an charge an county of conviction an they will tell you his status... also they aren't rude or anything but parchman has got to be the most unorganized rudest ppl ever. They have lost my visitation form I had to over night another one last week.
The Following User Says Thank You to CAYSONSWIFEY1 For This Useful Post:
ItsMe81 (05-09-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 08:44 AM

Okay. If you can. Can you private message me. Girl I have been so worried about him but he says he is okay. What man doesn’t say that but it will be 3 months on the 21st since he has been in Rankin county and still no classification so basically he doing dead time
Old 05-09-2018, 01:12 PM

Default Finally answers.

Finally gotten to talk to someone in classification at rankin. Got some good and bad news. Good news. The lady said they she would send down for him to be classified. Bad news he is not eligible for parole and has to do 50 perecent of 5 years. When he first got locked up on the charge he did 4 months and got bonded out. Since his last arrest on this charge he has done 7 months so that total to 10 months. So Iím looking at another lonely year and a half by myself. Iím so ready for this all to come to end. Itís so hard tryna keep your head leveled and not think about it.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:51 PM

I’m sorry I am sure it is very disappointing. Maybe now that you do have the information it will be easier to go forward. Try to stay busy and get into a routine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimimi For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (05-09-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimimi View Post
Iím sorry I am sure it is very disappointing. Maybe now that you do have the information it will be easier to go forward. Try to stay busy and get into a routine.
Thank you. I actually think I have cried enough but It will all be over before I know it. Staying busy is a must!
Old 05-09-2018, 02:09 PM
AmyLynn

You aren't lying about Parchman. Girl, I got stories for days. They aren't just rude to us I'm sure you've heard them over the phone yelling and screaming at the inmates. I hear it all the time. I thought I hated EMCF where he was til he moved to MSP.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:15 PM
AmyLynn

If it was just so easy to send for him like she's saying what was the hold up?
Old 05-09-2018, 02:23 PM

Exactly. They are steady bringing more people in! He called me this morning and was telling me they are 2 crowded. They are housing people from intake in the lockdown unit. It’s so crazy. She sounded lazy lol seriously they act as if though we shouldn’t be concerned
Old 05-09-2018, 02:40 PM
AmyLynn

I hope they have air where he is being overcrowded and all cause boyfriend has been saying its hot there.