Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > ELMIRA HUB PRISONS - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

ELMIRA HUB PRISONS - NY DOC New York Prisons located in the ELMIRA HUB - Butler, Auburn, Five Points, Cayuga, Willard, Monterey, Elmira, Southport.

Old 11-11-2018, 04:02 PM

Default Is he being manipulative, or do CO's at Lakeview really beat up inmates?

So my boyfriend was able to call from reception in Lakeview yesterday. He told me how people get beat up if they don't do what they are told and have to stay out in the freezing cold for 8 hours. Now he makes a lot of stuff up when he is trying to guilt me into doing something (like give him commissary, which he is not getting) but his call made me a bit worried. Can someone ease my mind that he is just being manipulative again and people aren't actually being beaten up by the correction officers.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2018, 05:48 PM

Thanked 3,686 Times in 1,723 Posts

I have heard rumors that they can get handsy. More so to those who are disrespectful and disobedient. I don't know if it is true to be honest.

This is not going to be a pleasant experience. He is going to bitch and complain. Shoes have to be shined a certain way, bed made a certain way, up at 5 and go to 9 at night, etc etc. Counseling, school, work and a shit ton of exercise.

Let this break him down a bit. He will get stronger.

Mine is going in the spring. I'm not sure if there is an advantage to going to prison first, but I can say he would rather do all that stuff than stay longer. He'll get to see both sides. Yours wont. He has asked questions of those wbo have done shock, so he can learn before he goes.

Remind him of the alternative. The alternative sucks. This is 6 months. It's supposed to resemble basic training.

Dont feel bad for him. Dont pity him. It sucks, but he needs experiences to get him off drugs.

Remember he is alive and off the streets.

Last edited by onedayatatime13; 11-11-2018 at 05:51 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
Ms Sunny (11-11-2018), nimuay (11-11-2018), Sarianna (11-12-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 12:20 PM

Every 8 outta 10 CO's act the way that they do because they want to be in control and have the upper hand. They want you to get so pissed off to act out and catch a new charge or them be able to write you up cause it benefits them. My husband wrote me a letter last week how they left the windows open and they are were freezing just because the CO's were being jerks. Its not just Lakeview, its everyplace.

Old 11-12-2018, 02:46 PM

[quote=NevaEndNoWorry;7752221]Every 8 outta 10 CO's act the way that they do because they want to be in control and have the upper hand. They want you to get so pissed off to act out and catch a new charge or them be able to write you up cause it benefits them. My husband wrote me a letter last week how they left the windows open and they are were freezing just because the CO's were being jerks. Its not just Lakeview, its everyplace.[

8 out of 10 COs want to go to work and not be jerks.
Just saying let's not paint everyone with the same paintbrush please.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms Sunny For This Useful Post:
nimuay (11-13-2018), Sarianna (11-13-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 07:55 PM
Always Remembered

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,839 Times in 11,078 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevaEndNoWorry View Post
Every 8 outta 10 CO's act the way that they do because they want to be in control and have the upper hand. They want you to get so pissed off to act out and catch a new charge or them be able to write you up cause it benefits them. My husband wrote me a letter last week how they left the windows open and they are were freezing just because the CO's were being jerks. Its not just Lakeview, its everyplace.

And if someone on the outside turns it around and says the exact same thing about inmates, you will absolutely jump down their throats for saying that YOUR inmate isn't like that and it's the other guys or it's only a few of them who are real assholes, etc. Pay attention to the dirty water you're throwing over everyone!