Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Pennsylvania should be posted here.

Old 02-08-2019, 03:27 PM

Default False positives with pure cbd? Type test used in PA?

Iím new to probation and have been taking pure cbd. Inhave head from people who get tested that the dig test shows a false positive for THC and after it get analyzed by a lab it tests clean. Do most probation officers do dip test then send it out for further analysis or is it sent straight to the lab? Iím in Pa. thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2019, 06:57 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,634 Times in 16,401 Posts

Hello Kindsoul1968 I'm not sure what type test is currently used in PA, so I've moved your post to the PA forum & given you your own thread. The PA Moderator will be online Sunday A.M., but hopefully another member from PA will have an answer for you before then.

Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (02-10-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 10:03 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,311 Times in 1,272 Posts

Hi.

First, if you are using CBD -- which requires a prescription in Pennsylvania -- your probation officer better know about it and have a copy of the prescription on file. if you're buying it online from a vendor outside Pennsylvania to circumvent the prescription requirement, you're probably in violation of your probation.

Probation officers use a dip test. If it comes up positive, they have probable cause to petition for revocation (Gagnon I hearing). The sample will then go out to a lab. the lab's report will be the basis for a Gagnon II revocation hearing.

A lot of CBD products contain up to 5% THC. Also, CBD is illegal under federal law.
Itshardtowait (03-22-2019), patchouli (02-10-2019), Sarianna (02-10-2019), waitinguntil001 (02-18-2019), yourself (03-22-2019)
Old 03-22-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobble60 View Post
Hi.

First, if you are using CBD -- which requires a prescription in Pennsylvania -- your probation officer better know about it and have a copy of the prescription on file. if you're buying it online from a vendor outside Pennsylvania to circumvent the prescription requirement, you're probably in violation of your probation.

Probation officers use a dip test. If it comes up positive, they have probable cause to petition for revocation (Gagnon I hearing). The sample will then go out to a lab. the lab's report will be the basis for a Gagnon II revocation hearing.

A lot of CBD products contain up to 5% THC. Also, CBD is illegal under federal law.
Thanks not true ! You donít need a prescro r cbd and only up to 3 % THC and isolate products are so poised to be zero THC, but still have a hair amount of THC.. thanks for the input. I know that they can test me , but do they ?
Old 03-22-2019, 12:20 PM

Thanked 3,829 Times in 1,182 Posts

“Supposed” to be zero THC probably wouldn’t be a risk I’d take personally. I’m curious why you didn’t just pose this question to your probation officer to get a definitive answer.

To answer your other question “I know they CAN test me, but Will they”... the answer is almost a 100% guarantee that yes, you will be tested. If your charges were drug related, you can expect frequent testing. Do not assume drug testing is an empty threat.
Old 03-22-2019, 08:20 PM

IMO you should always get ahead of things. You should never had even used CBD without discussing it with your PO before you ever did it. There are several different types of CBD out there, some have THC, some do not. As someone said above you should always expect a drug test, especially if your crime involved drugs but even if it didn't they still tend to test you and a failed test could send you on another ride. Just simply doesn't seem to be worth the risk.
Old 03-31-2019, 06:22 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,311 Times in 1,272 Posts

PTO is a place for support, but it's difficult to be supportive when you're basically admitting you're crossing the line and hoping to get away with it.

I was wrong about the need for an Rx. That doesn't make what you're doing 100% legal because federal law still comes into play. The first condition of any probation or parole is that you obey all laws. Period.

If you have a medical need, then get it on paper from your doctor and get it on file with the agent.
patchouli (03-31-2019)