Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:18 AM

Default Just Pulled Chain

Hi, as of last night, my boyfriend pulled chain. When should I expect to hear from him? Can I write him while he is in Huntsville undergoing diagnostics? Thank you for your help, I'm just worried sick.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2019, 10:08 AM
Southern Fried Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 3,882 Times in 1,331 Posts

Welcome!

Knowing they caught chain is a stressful time because everything is uncertain and a new chapter is starting.

You can definitely write him - you just have to wait until you know where he is. The inmate locator updates at 4am-ish, so check tomorrow morning or the next. There are transfer facilities all over Texas, so there’s no telling where he’s headed or how many stops he’ll make before he gets to his unit.

Intake takes about a month or so, then you can move from writing to phone calls and visits. They can stay in the transfer unit for up to 2 years, but could move to their home unit right away, so it’s all just a waiting game.

I hope he ends up close to you and you hear from him soon!
Old 03-20-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepingWillow View Post
Welcome!

Knowing they caught chain is a stressful time because everything is uncertain and a new chapter is starting.

You can definitely write him - you just have to wait until you know where he is. The inmate locator updates at 4am-ish, so check tomorrow morning or the next. There are transfer facilities all over Texas, so there’s no telling where he’s headed or how many stops he’ll make before he gets to his unit.

Intake takes about a month or so, then you can move from writing to phone calls and visits. They can stay in the transfer unit for up to 2 years, but could move to their home unit right away, so it’s all just a waiting game.

I hope he ends up close to you and you hear from him soon!
Thank you so much. I will definitely check tomorrow morning. And you're right, this is VERY stressful. But we do what we must for the ones we love.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:05 AM

Another quick question. Will I be able to JPAY write him when he is at a transfer unit?
Old 03-20-2019, 12:34 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,137 Times in 638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEtherton View Post
Another quick question. Will I be able to JPAY write him when he is at a transfer unit?
Yes. As soon as you have his TDCJ # you can jpay
Old 03-20-2019, 12:54 PM

How long does that usually take?
Old 03-20-2019, 01:40 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 5,661 Times in 1,496 Posts

Give it a few weeks. He has to apply for indigent mail supplies until the money he left county with is transferred to his inmate trust fund account. If he left Harris county, he's probably at Holliday or Gurney, but maybe not. I hope you don't take this the wrong way or get your feelings hurt because, I'm on your side. You're one of the angels that walk the earth, in my opinion. Gals like you that stand beside someone who is doing time for doing the wrong thing are a precious thing in this world and I mean that. YOU NEED TO SLOW DOWN. He has a 35 year sentence and he's going to be there for a few years. Don't work yourself up into a frenzy over to do with the situation. Be patient and take your time, he's not going anywhere. Dont' burn yourself out in the attempt to do too much, too soon.
Bruce DeMolli (03-23-2019), dtmom2013 (03-21-2019), sidewalker (03-21-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 04:26 PM

Thank you, I will try and keep that in mind. I just really want to respond to the last letter he sent me. I know it'll be awhile before he writes but you are right. I need to breathe. Thank you.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:14 PM
Southern Fried Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 3,882 Times in 1,331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEtherton View Post
How long does that usually take?

Maybe 24 hours? If he was placed in a holding cell last night, that means he probably actually left this morning. If he went straight to the unit, he might show up when the jpay system refreshes around midnight.
Old 03-21-2019, 03:12 AM

Thanks! Nothing as of yet.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:33 PM

As far as calls go... Alot of people get a call around 30 days or so. It was 61 days before my hubby could call me.. He was transferred from county to a transfer unit. He was at the transfer unit for about a month and a half and was never set up on phones. Then he went to the unit hes currently at and it was 2 to 3 weeks before they set him up to be able to call. Make sure you get your # registered so he can call you... after he left county and went to transfer unit, it was about 2 weeks before i received my first letter from him. When he transferred to his current unit- he sent a letter the very next day.. hope you hear from him soon!