Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Pennsylvania should be posted here.

Old 03-26-2019, 05:23 PM

Default Home approved, I moved. Is approval automatic? How long until release?

My husband is due for release on april 1 2019..i recently had gotten approved for a home plan and had gotten approved for that address ..since then i moved into a new home that i am renting..i reported the move to the po and im waiting for them to contact me to approve this house..my question is this will they call my landlord its a single home private landlord..or being i was approved at my other address which is only a few block from my house now will i be ok..please help trying to figure out if he will get released in 6 days..thanks ahead
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2019, 06:37 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 34,749 Times in 16,021 Posts

As I understand it, PO's do have the option to speak to the actual homeowner...
sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Its a coin toss. However, read your lease. Some landlords do not allow felons. When you rented the house, did you put your husband's name on it as well? I will say, that as a rule, private homeowners are much more lenient about having felons in their rental(s).

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 03-26-2019, 06:39 PM

I don't know the answer but I sure hope you get approved so he can come home soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sidebiotch For This Useful Post:
patchouli (03-26-2019)
Old 03-26-2019, 10:49 PM

He is on the lease cauae i had told them hes working out of state..didn't want her in my business and judge me..so i kinda lied to her cause i wanted the house..but i did everything his other po asked me to do..hopefully they don't ask for any landlord info....one other quick question how long will it take for the other po to come out and will the move effect his release date..
Old 03-27-2019, 08:56 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyteetea View Post
He is on the lease cauae i had told them hes working out of state..didn't want her in my business and judge me..so i kinda lied to her cause i wanted the house..but i did everything his other po asked me to do..hopefully they don't ask for any landlord info....one other quick question how long will it take for the other po to come out and will the move effect his release date..
Keep in mind that I'm in KY, but because My Mr was on the lease here, the PO did not talk to the landlord. I'm guessing that the PO "assumed" the landlord knows My Mr is a felon due to being on the lease
Congratulations on your husband's soon Homecoming!!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 03-28-2019, 05:21 AM

Babyteetea lying to your new landlord I hate to say was not such a good idea at all.

Several things here:

Why did you move from the approved residence to begin with since it was already approved? Was this planned already when the PO initially came out to approve the residence? Did you inform the PO at that time that you may be moving soon?

Since the new residence is only a few blocks away it is very likely that the residence can be approved within a few days (inner office paper shuffles basically) - reasoning is that it is within (if it is) the same PO district and your husband will have the same PO. Two factors here though: He is not technically out on parole yet so paperwork may take longer than if he was out and moved after he was released to another residence within the PO's district and number two you lied to the new landlord about the situation. I do know that if the home that a parolee will be living in is rented (which is your case) the landlord must add the parolee to the lease (which you said his name is on the lease already) and that the PO will contact the landlord to be sure it is ok with the landlord that the parolee lives there. The last thing the PO needs is for your husband to be released, come to the residence you rented and then get a call a week later that the parolee is not allowed to live at that residence. Now where does the parolee go?

May I ask, how long ago was his initial home plan approved? When did you move to the new residence and have you contacted his PO to notify him of the change in address?

A question which may make a little bit of difference here: Is he being released from a county jail on parole or from a state prison. These are two totally different things and have different rules/regulations.

And YES this could very possibly if not WILL affect his release date since it is within a few days.

Last edited by waitinguntil001; 03-28-2019 at 05:27 AM..
Old 03-28-2019, 08:36 AM

His initial home plan was approved the end of February i had moved march 15th ..i had gotten in touch with his po on march 18and had tolx hom i sold my home and had moved....he tgen told me to tell my husband to put in for a new home plan at the prison and he did the prison agent had gotten in touch with me 2_3 days later just to make sure that i moved to a different residents he also told me he would take care of it on his end....i then called his po again on monday of this week and he told me that he will have a new po and i have to wait for them to get in contact with me it might take a few weeks....so today i tried to speak to a supervisor and the operator told me since hes in jail i have to wait for someone to get in contact with me ..hes actually on state parole
Old 03-29-2019, 11:54 AM

Just wanted to thank everyone that commented on here for 1 yr..my man is coming home just days now..its been a hard lonely road without so please keep your head up amd pray for your love one in prison..stand by them cause they are as much alone as you are..god bless and thanks again
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Babyteetea For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-29-2019), Itshardtowait (03-29-2019), patchouli (03-29-2019)
Old 03-29-2019, 10:34 PM

Default Home plan done whats next

My man home plan got approved today march 29,2019 ..he due for release o April 1,2019..my question is this well he come home April 1st or is it gonna take a few extra day from them to get paper i order...he got his green sheet saying release o or after April 1st,completed the program,did the urine home plan approved today supposed to be out i 3 days..is it possible to push papers though that fast...please help..im super excited and cant sleep
Old 03-30-2019, 04:11 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 21,877 Times in 12,633 Posts

I hope he does come home that soon, but I don't have an answer.
Old 03-30-2019, 06:09 AM

I hope so! I'm very happy for you! Congratulations! It's almost over! Yay
Old 03-31-2019, 06:11 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,294 Times in 1,264 Posts

Generally, they try to hit that date. Since April 1 is a Monday, he will know on Friday.
patchouli (03-31-2019)
Old 03-31-2019, 02:51 PM

I own my home but still find it weird I never met, or talked to his PO in a year and a half. She came to check on him a few times but I was never home. I never signed anything or told them I owned my home. How do they now if he was lying? He’s got another 18 months of informal parole and then will be off paper finally.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobble60 View Post
Generally, they try to hit that date. Since April 1 is a Monday, he will know on Friday.
Tomorrow is the date giving on his green sheet..his home was sent in on this past Friday..the agent told me its approved...any chance of him coming home tomorrow or your saying Friday meaning he would find out tgis Friday for tge following Monday....just wondering if tgey are able to process the paper to where he would be able to get out tomorrow..ty
Old 04-01-2019, 07:34 AM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Babyteetea....is he Home?? I forget, is he in a PA DOC facility? Or a County facility?

I hope he is Home, or that you get a release date today

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 04-01-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Babyteetea....is he Home?? I forget, is he in a PA DOC facility? Or a County facility?

I hope he is Home, or that you get a release date today
Nope he didn't make it home today..he still waiting for the prison parole agent to give him his release papers..now just a stinking waiting game..thank you for asking..hopefully something tomorrow
The Following User Says Thank You to Babyteetea For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-01-2019)
Old 04-01-2019, 01:00 PM

Aw sorry he didn't get home today. Praying you get him home tomorrow
Old 04-01-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchibu View Post
Aw sorry he didn't get home today. Praying you get him home tomorrow
Thank you so much truly..ill keep everyone posted
patchouli (04-01-2019)
Old 04-02-2019, 01:30 PM

As of today still waiting ..Hopefully i hear something tomorrow..miss him so much
patchouli (04-02-2019)
Old 04-02-2019, 07:10 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Keep busy or this last minute waiting will drive ya nuts Any day now....

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 04-03-2019, 09:19 AM

Still waiting for the home plan approval to get sent up to the prison...beings the agent that came out to my home said it was approved any possibility they can change their mind...i tried calling her today of course no answer..also is there a set time the agent has to send it up to the prison..nerve are on end and trying super duper hard to have patience ..any info will be very helpful..ty
Old 04-03-2019, 09:40 AM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

I'll bet he's pretty antsy, too.....perhaps he can speak with his case worker the facility's parole rep (?) to see what the hold up is I would think that the PO who approved the Home Plan would have some idea of when his/her parolees are scheduled for release and get that paperwork submitted

Tell your husband to lay low and keep his head down....I wouldn't want another inmate to screw up his parole at this point (unfortunately, that does happen ).

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 04-03-2019, 04:33 PM

Question How long for home plan to be processed

My husband date to be released was on or after April 1 2019..the agent came out this past friday now its pass April 1 just waiting for his po to send back the home plan..any ideas on how long it takes for them to send it to the prison..thats the only thing holding him up..his agent had told me when they did the home plan he was approved..also can they release you on a Friday..please help super duper stressed..ty
Old 04-03-2019, 08:26 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

I don't know why they couldn't release on a Friday Weekends and Holidays there are usually no releases, but Friday shouldn't be an issue. How's your husband doing? I can only imagine how nerve-wrakcing all this waiting is for both of you

FYI: I'm going to merge this thread with your other one....to keep it all together

Keep your chin up, kiddo!!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 04-03-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
I don't know why they couldn't release on a Friday Weekends and Holidays there are usually no releases, but Friday shouldn't be an issue. How's your husband doing? I can only imagine how nerve-wrakcing all this waiting is for both of you

FYI: I'm going to merge this thread with your other one....to keep it all together

Keep your chin up, kiddo!!
Hes very stressed out..its the not knowing when or whats the hold up..dont wanna call nobody cause i don't wanna seem pushy ...im hoping and praying tomorrow..but not sure how any of this works..you hear so many things..so unfortunately the best thing to do is just wait..feeling so helpless ....not sure if ill even get a call when hes released..hes taking a bus home to far to drive so hoping i get a call or a knock in the door..thank you so much everyone is so helpful it makes it a tiny bit easier knowing we are all in the same stinking boat..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Babyteetea For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-04-2019), patchouli (04-04-2019)