Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:22 AM

Default I'm trying to find a cell phone service that TDCJ will accept.

I'm trying to find a service that TDCJ will accept. Landlines are absurdly expensive around here (cheapest I've found is about $54/mo. for just one landline from Frontier; Spectrum won't let me add a landline without upgrading to their cheapest Internet service, which I cannot afford as I break even at the end every month).

I was thinking about taking my unlocked Samsung Gravity 2 to Family Mobile, but I'm seeing nothing but hotly negative reviews. I will not need the service for a full year, so I'd intend to cancel it after a few months, but a lot of people have talked about having a hell of a time trying to cancel their Family Mobile service.

Does anyone know if Pure Talk has any post-paid service? It's so hard to get straight answers Googling these questions. I really don't think it makes much sense for services like Republic Wireless to lumped in with typical pay-as-you-go services.

EDIT: They don't.

Last edited by Rick Bobtown; 03-09-2017 at 11:54 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2017, 02:16 PM

Thanked 2,765 Times in 958 Posts

Try getting a post paid account with a co-signer first. I know t- mobile will allow you to transfer the account into your name after approx 60 days. They still check your credit but because the account is already open you don't need a deposit. You probably won't be able to register the phone until its in your name but a 2-3 month wait is better than never.

I got a separate line with Verizon. I got a cheap $99 flip phone and pay $29.99/month for 700 minutes plus the cost of calls.
Old 03-11-2017, 05:53 PM

Family mobile...available at walmart around $33/ month they have a phone under $20...it is a post paid plan and i use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Bobtown View Post
I'm trying to find a service that TDCJ will accept. Landlines are absurdly expensive around here (cheapest I've found is about $54/mo. for just one landline from Frontier; Spectrum won't let me add a landline without upgrading to their cheapest Internet service, which I cannot afford as I break even at the end every month).

I was thinking about taking my unlocked Samsung Gravity 2 to Family Mobile, but I'm seeing nothing but hotly negative reviews. I will not need the service for a full year, so I'd intend to cancel it after a few months, but a lot of people have talked about having a hell of a time trying to cancel their Family Mobile service.

Does anyone know if Pure Talk has any post-paid service? It's so hard to get straight answers Googling these questions. I really don't think it makes much sense for services like Republic Wireless to lumped in with typical pay-as-you-go services.

EDIT: They don't.
Old 05-19-2019, 05:35 PM

How do you go about getting the walmart family mobile plan approved
Old 05-21-2019, 05:13 AM
Billy's Sweetheart

AT&T has a landline phone for about $20 per month. That's what I started with, ended up though changing my cell service to them and starting a contract, but we have a lot longer than a year, so it was worth it.