Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-02-2019, 10:29 PM

Default Self-surrender in next Wednesday.

First off I'm new on here. And this might sound like a silly question. but I was wondering are some of the people on this site actually in jail and some aren't. Could someone clear this up for me please. Also i would like to know. If you can email at camps and lows. from what I've heard. You can. And. Is video calling possible. I know I have a lot of questions. but i self-surrender on May 8th at 2 p.m. just trying to find out as much as I can. And finally if anybody has just gotten out or know anybody. In a situation close to mine I would like to know. How much time I would serve on a 27 month sentence. I've been recommended for all rdap.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2019, 05:53 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,838 Times in 16,504 Posts

Hi Bigdre520, no one posting here is supposed to be still incarcerated, although some members here have done various amounts for time.

I don't believe you can video call....I don't thing Federal facilities even have video visits yet (which are 2 different things). Here is the link to BOP's visitation info:
https://www.bop.gov/inmates/visiting.jsp

Please let us know when you are released and are back home! Have a safe & speedy journey.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-03-2019), sidewalker (05-03-2019)
Old 05-03-2019, 06:25 PM

Thanked 1,621 Times in 817 Posts

Yes you can email and receive email once the person you are trying to email is on your approved list and accepts your email request. Of course, it isn't really email per se, it's through a terminal called corrlinks that they have to sign up for. You get charged $.05/min and can use the terminal for 20 minute blocks. No pictures or attachments can be sent, you can't copy and paste, but you can print and save drafts that you are writing, but all go against your 20 min time. There is also a delay. When my husband was in the prison camp the delay was about 1-1/2 hours from when he would send to when I would receive and vice versa. Every place is different depending on the security level.

I do not believe in any of the male facilities that there is video conferencing at this time.

My husband was released in January, and got off home confinement in March. His sentence was 18 months. Within about a month you will get a notification with your release date and eligibility to home detention/halfway house date as well. I am not sure about RDAP as I thought if you didn't have a 30 months sentence you weren't eligible once you got to prison and even if you do get somewhere, there is often a waiting list anyway and you can't go right in. My husband was in Duluth and there was a waiting list for RDAP there. He wasn't in it though. There are some stupid things about it and it's very rigid, but if it gets someone out early, then that is a good thing.

Feel free to ask any question you would like.
The Following User Says Thank You to rockchalk1 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (05-03-2019)