Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Michigan that do not fit into any other Michigan sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 12-13-2014, 02:22 PM

Default Worst prisons to be in, while Incarcerated in Michigan?

My cousin did 8 years( two 4 year stretches) in Michigan prisons.

His first stint was for drugs and he was a nonviolent person,but while inside he became violent, and has experienced each level and alot of prisons, during his total 8 year stretch.

He said the worst prisons in his opinion far as prisoners being violent and fighting alot were:

Kinross- He said the reason was because too many inmates, not enough guards or camera's, alot of violence, even though it only holds level's 1,2, it topped his list, but I believe he said while he was there level 4's were there as well.

Saginaw Level 4- he said the other levels in saginaw were cakewalk,but level 4 was rough

Michigan Reformatory Level 4- Again alot of violence

Ojibway- Lots of stabbings even tho they only house levels 1&2

Chippewa Correctional facility level 4- Lots of fights

And some prison he nicknamed "Earth"?

He said the Level 5's(Ionia,Marquette and Baraga) weren't hard so much as dealing with inmates, it was more so the isolation and the guards messing with people for no reason, being locked down 23&1 and all the way up north, he said the winters up there got so bad, majority of the inmates wouldnt come out of their cells in the winter to workout.

Can anyone chime in? Is he right or do you have any input for bad places in Michigan?
The Following User Says Thank You to CrookedMuncy For This Useful Post:
Quetz (03-06-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2014, 09:29 PM

My son is not in prison anymore, thank goodness. He was at Kinross before and it's not good. He was at Chippewa Level 1 and not bad and Baraga and it was a long way from home and so bitterly cold. He was level 1 and had no problems.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:06 PM
In His Space
Donation Award 

Default RE

"Earth" is Chippewa. There are a lot of bad prisons in Michigan. Not just one they are all over the place. Some have very hostile inmates and even worse guards.

Last edited by Luvs__iridescent; 01-12-2015 at 08:09 PM..
Old 02-06-2015, 04:45 PM

Not that it matters, but its actually URF, which stands for Upper Regional Facility
Old 02-07-2015, 07:12 AM

All prisons are bad/rough they're not supposed to be fun! People usually goto prison because they did something bad and from my experience with my loved one incarcerated they just keep doing bad things while in prison. Obviously they've learned nothing by being sent to prison.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:42 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

ojibiway is one of the worst I've heard as that's where they're putting those with disciplinary action right now and it's had a daily fight or stabbing lately. Just came back from Ironwood which is in that area and a my ex-roommates bf is there
Old 03-20-2015, 04:08 PM
Northern Star

Default Gus Harrison Correctional Facility

Does anyone have any insight on Gus Harrison Correctional Facility, in Adrian?

"Dios sabe porque hace las cosas"
Old 06-20-2015, 07:17 PM
ladyk

Gus Harrison, My son was there a couple years ago, and as far as prisons go the guards were decent and he only had one incident with another inmate that was new and seem to be looking for trouble for some reason he picked my son, he didn't last long there they shipped him out pretty fast.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:51 AM

I know that MRI stinks with corruption and I wish I knew how to go about getting it cleaned up. I cannot send my son books for Christmas or birthday, I cannot even send him mail. It's really hard and horrible.