Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 05-09-2019, 05:37 PM

Default Does address change mess with parole?

Husband has about 2 months left before he is supposed to be close to getting released then looks like heading to a halfway house before coming home.. been in the same apartment for about 3 years and thats the address that was put for his parole and all that.. but my apartments are doing some REALLY shady things, more so than the norm for them.. Ive always had issues with this place but they are income based and affordable so ive dealt with it but my neighbor just got an eviction notice because she couldnt present tax documents from over 2 years ago within about an hour. they are unorganized and cant keep up with this place and are being audited by the state. i overheard while on the phone with her, and was outside listening to her and the apt managers convo from my porch at the same time while talking to her so i know that is really what happened.. If i end up having to move before hes ready to come home from HWH would that affect anything with him coming home ?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2019, 06:34 PM
Southern Fried Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 3,775 Times in 1,302 Posts

If he’s already on parole and you’re staying in the same county, it shouldn’t be an issue. We’ve moved multiple times with different POs and all they needed was to be notified. Even moving to a different county wasn’t a big deal. They just transferred him to the new office and he had to check in right away and have another home visit. No big deal. And it shouldn’t really matter anyway, as he’s approved to go to the halfway house, so he’ll already be out. It’s not like they can send him back because you moved.

Last edited by WeepingWillow; 05-09-2019 at 06:37 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WeepingWillow For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (05-10-2019), QueenF (05-11-2019)
Old 05-11-2019, 06:36 PM

Thank you!!