Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 2 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 2 Facilities Discussion and information for the following facilities:: Baker CI, Columbia CI, Columbia Annex, Cross City CI, FL State Prison, FL State Prison – West, Hamilton CI, Hamilton Annex, Lake City CF, Lancaster CI, Lawtey CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Lowell Reception Center, Madison CI, Marion CI, Mayo Annex, Putnam CI, RMC-Main, RMC-W, Suwannee CI, Suwannee Annex, Tomoka CI, Union CI

Old 04-30-2010, 11:29 PM

oh my I am sorry to hear what you had to go through with your man! That is a dang shame!!! I hope things are a little better now. Thank you so much for the information, so many have read but no responds as of yet until yours of course. I will let him know to stay clear of cross. He is from Orlando and I want him closer to both me and for his family since I know he misses them dearly, any suggestions on that one? Again thank you Mrs. One so much for your help. God Bless you and yours
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2010, 09:38 PM
~Forever & Ever~

Default Cross C.I Visitation

Does anyone have any info on visitation at Cross....is there a line up system, that can be very rigid at some facilities...How is the visitation park....the guards....is it busy....the overall environment. My hubby just got moved there so I am trying to find out what I can.

Thanks in advance

Old 05-05-2010, 09:13 PM

okay, if he's going to be an adult and has stayed outta trouble, and is minium security, then really he could put in for a transfer and ask for kissimmee work release (sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeettt!!!, when i tell u it's sweet, omg, but that's for pm talk not thread talk :wink
if he's in on drug charges, Demilly which is in Polk across from Polk C.I., if he takes any kind of anti depression meds Lake Ci... just depends... hell, even gainesville is 35 miles closer..
Old 05-05-2010, 09:33 PM

my hubby only had a couple visits there be4 he was moved 2 columbia, but he said its a small park, and hubby says that the out side area is really small but does have a swing for children, but that it's a laid back viso.. c.o.'s in the park dont really bother u..
Old 05-05-2010, 10:05 PM

I'll let him know about kissimmee w.r. I know we talked about him trying to get into one here in orlando but I have to look up more information. I hope things are good with you and yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.one View Post
okay, if he's going to be an adult and has stayed outta trouble, and is minium security, then really he could put in for a transfer and ask for kissimmee work release (sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeettt!!!, when i tell u it's sweet, omg, but that's for pm talk not thread talk :wink
if he's in on drug charges, Demilly which is in Polk across from Polk C.I., if he takes any kind of anti depression meds Lake Ci... just depends... hell, even gainesville is 35 miles closer..
Old 05-06-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky23 View Post
I'll let him know about kissimmee w.r. I know we talked about him trying to get into one here in orlando but I have to look up more information. I hope things are good with you and yours.

girl, kissimmee work release is the bomb.. they get real jobs, u can take them sodas and snacks when u visit, i used to take my kids dad 12 pks of soda and lil debbie honeybuns.. lol... and the viso park is sweet, they (co) only come out during count time... other than that ur str8.... i coulda got a baby there if i had wanted ..

but me and mine are good, he's in a mood right now.. but thats to be expected.. we 3 yrs into his sentence and alot of friends and family have fallen off, so i get the anger and frustration, but also the love... hey it is what it is...
Old 05-06-2010, 09:18 PM

Omgosh the viso sounds awesome, I know my friend would love me to bring him some food- like cheesecake etc, and I know his most missed is soda and I could sure bring him some of those! He'd be so excited!!! Thanks for the information hun its a big help! Glad to hear things are ok with you and yours. I am currently the one taking a beating since I haven't heard from him in 3 weeks!! I'm going crazy to know he may be mad at me! Tis life as they say it is what it is
Old 05-21-2010, 02:09 PM

Default Cross City C.I. Info. Needed

My guy has just been transferred from South Bay to Cross City, and I am anxious to hear about anyone's experiences with this facility. There are not a lot of threads about it and I am interested in any information that I can get. I met him while working at South Bay so I knew all about the routine, environment, officers, visitation, etc. and I hate feeling like I have no idea what he is going through or what to expect now. In particular, I am wondering if there is a lot of violence there, are gangs prevalent, are there programs he can participate in (there are plenty listed on the DOC website, but I heard that programs are only available at private prisons now), is the food decent, what is the canteen schedule, do they give lots of crazy DR's, are there lots of alcohol/drugs/cell phones, are they very strict at visitation about where/how you sit and how much you touch, do they have to sign up to use the phone or can they use it whenever it is available, is the warden responsive? I'm sure I'll think of a million more as soon as I hit send, but you get the idea!!! Any and all information would be so appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!
Old 08-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Love never fails

Default Cross City CI

Hi, my husband just got transferred to Cross City CI. Does anyone have any information on how the visitation is there? or any other info that would be helpful. I know a lot of visiting parks have like 2-3 hour lines and so I'm wondering if there is anything like that here.

any info would be greatly appreciated and helpful!
thanks so much!
Old 08-03-2010, 05:05 AM

Default viso

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefaithlove View Post
Hi, my husband just got transferred to Cross City CI. Does anyone have any information on how the visitation is there? or any other info that would be helpful. I know a lot of visiting parks have like 2-3 hour lines and so I'm wondering if there is anything like that here.

any info would be greatly appreciated and helpful!
thanks so much!
A friend of mine has a brother there and I've never heard her complain about viso.waiting times.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mom Far Away For This Useful Post:
hopefaithlove (08-03-2010)
Old 08-07-2010, 02:34 PM

I just visited there for the first time last weekend, and it was not terrible. I arrived at 8:30 both days (meant to get there earlier, but couldn't) and was in the 3rd group to get processed in both days. It is definitely hot and miserable outside waiting, but they were pretty prompt getting things moving after count cleared. They take groups of 5 at a time, then you go through the typical search process inside, then go into the VP to wait. The inmates arrive quickly (if they know you are coming and are in the dorm waiting to be called). There are a few vending machines and the canteen window for food, drinks, and picture tickets. The room is 2 long tables (very small), so you should get there early in order to get any seat at all, let alone one that doesn't put you in the faces of the officers (who sit at the front of the room). There is an outside area for smoking, but it is incredibly hot out there. There are a very few games/cards and a few swings outside for kids. The officers are medium-strict. You can sit next to your guy, hold hands, get in a couple of extra kisses, and sneak a touch of his leg under the table, but not much more. If he turns his seat to face you a little, they will be over like a shot! Also, they check all the photos and will make you retake them if they can't see both his hands and you don't have at least a sliver of space between you. Overall, it's not a terrible environment, but it's certainly not great either. Hope that helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to DAQ For This Useful Post:
hopefaithlove (08-07-2010)
Old 08-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Love never fails

thanks so much DAQ for all the info! my mother in law and i are planning to visit him next weekend so im glad i know what to expect! ill make sure we get there early def so we can get a seat-thats crazy they have only the 2 long tables! well maybe ill see u there if u are there next week!
Old 08-26-2010, 02:25 AM

Default Need Cross City CI address

My love just got moved to Cross City CI. Florida I really need the address if anyone has it and can help me please email me at
(personal email addresses may not be posted - use PM)
thank you so much

Last edited by PhilB; 08-26-2010 at 03:35 AM.. Reason: Remove email - move post
Old 08-26-2010, 03:49 AM
Donation Award 

Go to the DOC web site type in ross city CI and iot will pop right up. Address is on the right
Old 08-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Love never fails

Cross City CI
568 N.E. 255th Street
Cross City, Florida 32628

My husband just got transferred there too!
Good luck to you.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:24 AM

Default Cross City C.I.

My best friend was just sent to Cross City C.I. and I dont know a lot about this place if anyone has any loved ones there if you could give me some information on this place, that would be great!!! He was at Taylor C.I. which was really bad so I am hoping this one is much better. Thanks!
Old 12-18-2010, 09:59 PM
Love never fails

The visitation is the best at Cross City. I got there at like 8:30 one day, 9 another day and walked right through the gates..no line (which is nice compared to having to wait like 2-3 hours at stupid south bay). The inside park is a little small, outside is pretty decent size but they officers are actually nice to my husband and I at visitation, they leave us alone. They don't seem to be strict on clothing, haven't ever said anything to me even when I wore a questionable dress lol. They have pictures too and swings/toys for the kids. I would say its the best overall visiting park we have been to. but the visitation is where my praise stops about cross city. enough said.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Donation Award 

My husband is also there and I've visited him about 5 times within the last 2 months. So far, so good. My kids have had a decent time there playing outside with other kids, or with the few toys that they have (most are broken, dirty, or missing pieces - but it's prison, not Toys R Us).

We have been able to get in a good kiss and a nice long hug at the beginning and end of each visit. We also hold hands, and have even been allowed to have our arms around each other without incident from the guards. Most of the officers are pleasant at visitation. I have only seen 1 of them get snotty with someone who was basically a little "too comfortable" with her inmate. There are a couple of officers that adore our kids, and even tell my husband before he comes into visitation that we're there and waiting.

As far as the prison itself, I wish that there was a better phone situation. My husband has to share 2 phones with 80 other inmates within the hours of 5-10 p.m. Which means that I don't always get to talk to him on the phone, and if I do, sometimes it's a bad connection. Not sure what's going on with their phones, but maybe they could do something about them, and definitely put more phones in or extend the hours that they can be used.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:37 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,544 Times in 3,575 Posts

Most dorms only have 2 phones so that's not just an issue specific to Cross City. What sucks is when 1 phone is down. If the connection is bad all the time, I would call and speak to someone who handles the phones to let them know. Afterall it's your money that's being taken so you have a right to complain.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
Old 12-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben's girl View Post
Most dorms only have 2 phones so that's not just an issue specific to Cross City.
I wasn't aware of this, but holy crap that sucks!
Old 01-07-2011, 10:04 PM

Thanks for all your reply's
Old 03-25-2011, 02:33 PM
Banned

Default Information about Cross City

My fiance is being moved to Cross City can you give me information?
Time phones go on and off?
What is visitation like?
Is it a bad camp?

Thanks everyone
Old 03-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Banned

My fiance is getting moved there, i am moving to Florida soon, so i too am trying to get information here, maybe u and i can keep contact Hope, I will be looking for car pool when i move, since i dont drive lol..

please let me know how visit is when u go!
Old 03-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Banned

Ok any updates on Cross City? I dont see anything.. My fiance is being moved there so would like to know all the information people can give thanks!
Old 03-25-2011, 11:35 PM
Banned

it is a relaxed prison. aint really any problems between inmates. he'll be fine.