Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 2 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 2 Facilities Discussion and information for the following facilities:: Baker CI, Columbia CI, Columbia Annex, Cross City CI, FL State Prison, FL State Prison – West, Hamilton CI, Hamilton Annex, Lake City CF, Lancaster CI, Lawtey CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Lowell Reception Center, Madison CI, Marion CI, Mayo Annex, Putnam CI, RMC-Main, RMC-W, Suwannee CI, Suwannee Annex, Tomoka CI, Union CI

Old 12-28-2006, 09:01 AM
Waiting patiently

Question Visitation Days and times for HAmilton???

Does anyone know the days and times for visotation at Hamilton CI? Also, how bad are they about dress code there? What types of shirts are you allowed to wear? Its been 4 years since we have seen each other and I dont want to look like a dork. I dont know if and when I am going bc I have drivers liscense issues though, but I want to be prepared just in case. Is a tee shirt my best bet? And what if it says something on it? My drive is long and I dont want to be turned away when the time comes.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Hi everybody !

Visitation days are Saturday and Sunday,from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm but they are always late... I would counsel you to be there around 8:00 am to be quiet sure to get your visit at 9:00 am ? They are hard enough on dress code but all depends in fact of the guard who check you... Some are real bastards... Others no... As long as it's not transparent and that your skirt goes bellow your knees, it's ok, they can tell you nothing...
But I would counsel you to be careful taking with you in your car few other clothes, in case... Like a second pair of shoes, a pant, a tee-shirt or shirt, in this way, if problem, you would just have to go to your car to change your clothes and your visit wouldn't be spoiled You would just have then to sign again ! I wish you a good visit if not already done !
Old 05-18-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Anyone Have A Loved One At Hamiltion Annex

I am looking for any information about the Hamilton CI Annex in Jasper Florida. Does anyone have a loved one there? My nephew was sent to this facility yesterday and I am just looking for any information pertaining to this facility. How is it there? When can an inmate make phone calls?
How are the Classification Officers? What can they buy in the canteen?
How is the mail? Any information would help.

My nephew's family lives in Miami and they sent him to Jasper! A long way from Miami...Don't know why? Any chance of a transfer to a facility closer?

Thanks for any info!
jdcc46
Old 05-19-2007, 01:03 AM
Johns Wife Forever

Hamilton is not too bad. Unfortunately your nephew will have to wait at least a year (with good behavior) before being able to request a transfer. The officers are ok. My husband John is in the main unit that is next door to the annex, but he spent a few months at the annex when he first arrived.
They can make phone calls and buy items from canteen. There should be a list around here somewhere with the items currently for sale.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:55 AM

Thanks for responding to me. I really appreciate it. I am so sorry to see that your husband is seving LWOP. My nephew is serving 15 years and I about to go crazy. I know it must be hard on you. Do you visit John at Hamilton? Do you think my nephew will be transferred to the Main Unit before long? Thanks for the info. I will keep you and John in my prayers.

jdcc46
Old 05-19-2007, 07:40 PM

Post Still Looking for Info on Hamilton CI Annex

I would like to know if anyone can give me some detail infor on Hamilton CI Annex. Can you send colored stationary and colored envelopes to the inmates? Can you put blank colored lined stationary and clored blank envelopes in the inmates letter that you send?

How long does it take to get a phone call from an inmate after he gets there? Can they buy tennis shoes any time or is there a special time to purchase clothes, tennis shoes, socks, games, puzzles? I know they have a canteen. Is it expensive? How much money does an inmate need per week, I mean how much does he really need?

My nephew has been sent there two days ago and I need to find out as much as I can about this facility. I try to cheer him up with colored paper and envelopes!! Can you send pencils and pens? Do they have to buy these? All the rules are so confusing! I just want to let him know I am with him and he is not alone...

Thanks for any info....
jdcc46
Old 05-20-2007, 09:40 AM
Johns Wife Forever

you can send colored paper and envelopes. you can send up to 20 stamps. up to 10 sheets of paper.
you can NOT send pens, pencils, stickers, etc.
Books must be bought through a bookstore (usually amazon.com) and mailed by the store directly to the prison.
Hamilton does NOT accept any packages/letters/etc via ups, fedex, etc, everything must come in through the united states post office.

as I explained before, he should be able to call as soon as he gets there, it depends on the paperwork, it may take a week or so to get it straightened out.
Special things such as shoes and clothes can only be bought during the quarterly canteen order and they are quite expensive.
other things like board games (if the commisary has any in stock which doesnt seem to be often) and radios or food items can be bought at any time.

as to what someone needs per week, well that is up to the individual really. if he chooses not to eat meals and to eat only canteen he will need a lot of money as canteen only sells small items, but if he eats most of the meals and occasionally some canteen he wont need a whole lot.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Johns Wife Forever

I havent been able to see John for a while because I dont have a ride like I used to, but yes I have visted there (annex and main unit) many times.
I dont know if your nephew will be transferred over, it depends on the space available. not everyone who arrives at the annex goes to the main unit and vice versa.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:59 AM

Default Hamilton Annex

My lover was recently moved to Hamilton Annex and I was wondering if anyone has any helpful information for me. I have googled Hamilton Annex but havent been able to find any information since around 2003??? Thank you!
Old 05-29-2008, 04:46 PM
I Love my "Babyboy"!

What do you want to know? My boyfriend is there and will be released in September from there. I could ask him any questions if you'd like.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:46 PM
He's Home in APRIL!!
Donation Award 

My husband is there. And he doesn't like it. Alot of inmates and officers alike don't like it there. The rules change hour by hour. More DR's are written there than any prison my husband said he's been at so far. Visitation is all right. The officers that work up there are nice. They do follow the rules to the letter though. So watch how ya dress, what ya bring, how long your one hug and kiss is ect.

We are just waiting on when he can put in for a good behavior transfer in feb. He hopes he can hang in there that long.

~SPIKESWIFE~

Old 06-24-2008, 02:57 PM

Hi everyone I'm new to this, so please be patient. My step-son is at Hamilton Annex he's been there since around April 2005 and too be honest he hates it is true what Spikeswike says they constantly write DR's, we feel he is more in confinement than in general population. Now he's been in admin confinement since the beginning of June pending investigation......well today I was informed he will not be release, although they were satisfied he had no involvement, until someone doing the investigation came back from vacation. This is really outrageous! So anyone who has a loved one out there @Hamilton just beware and tell them to take real good care of themselves while in there. It hurts when you do not know about your loved one.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:04 PM
With The Unforgiven

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by family3 View Post
Hi everyone I'm new to this, so please be patient. My step-son is at Hamilton Annex he's been there since around April 2005 and too be honest he hates it is true what Spikeswike says they constantly write DR's, we feel he is more in confinement than in general population. Now he's been in admin confinement since the beginning of June pending investigation......well today I was informed he will not be release, although they were satisfied he had no involvement, until someone doing the investigation came back from vacation. This is really outrageous! So anyone who has a loved one out there @Hamilton just beware and tell them to take real good care of themselves while in there. It hurts when you do not know about your loved one.
I'm sorry for what you're going through however, there are things YOU can do to attempt to get answers if you haven't tried them already!!

You need to get on the phone and call Hamilton Annex and ask to speak to the Inspector. If they tell you HE is the one who's on vacation and you'll need to wait until he returns... I'd call Tallahassee and demand that you get answers!!

This is just ONE of the many reasons why the DOC does what it does to not only the inmates but to their loved ones as well....

... because we just stand by and take everything they say, and do nothing! I'm not saying that it was you're doing in this case but I've seen it far too many times when loved ones just "sit back" and allow the DOC to do and say whatever they feel like and the family members don't do anything!!

Things get resolved, questions get answered when you're persistent!! And you MUST BE for the sake of your step-son!!

I've been doing this "prison adventure" for 15+ years now... and I'm sick and tired of how "the powers that be" think that just because someone is locked up, it means they're alone in this world! NOT SO!!! There are many inmates in our prison system that have people who care about them and these are the times WE NEED TO GET INVOLVED and show them (the DOC) that our loved ones have people on the outside.

Let me tell you what....

When my husband told me that over at Graceville CF, they (the CO's) were using toilet paper in his dorm as a bartering tool and keeping it away from the guys or only issuing one small roll per week; you can bet your ass I fired off a letter to the Secretary of the DOC and I'll tell you.... 2 days later when my husband called, not only were they handing out 2 rolls of toilet paper per inmate but the Inspector at Graceville called my husband out and privately asked him to tell me to NOT write to Tallahassee anymore!!!

My husband told him... "No way... she's got my back while I'm doing my time... and I besides... I can't stop her from doing what she knows is right!!!!"

I also received numerous emails regarding my email from I think every administrative department in the DOC in Tallahassee.

I have kept every copy of the emails that I have sent to the Secretary of the DOC and I will continue to RUN MY MOUTH when I know that things are not right!!

You stated that your son is being held in AC confinement.... and you also stated that they are satisfied he had no involvement in whatever it was that got him locked up to begin with... this is a rhetorical question but, who gave you THAT information???

If it was someone in Administration, then I hope you got their name. We (those of us on the outside) have power... we may not have a lot of power but we do have some and my point in all this is:

IF YOU HAVE A LOVED ONE DOING TIME IN THE FLDOC, SPEAK UP AND BE HEARD!!! DON'T ALLOW THE PRISON SYSTEM TO DICTATE EVERY ASPECT OF WHAT IS RIGHT AND WRONG!!!! IF ENOUGH PEOPLE SPEAK UP AND COMPLAIN, THINGS WILL GET CHANGED!!!!

(But rest assured... nothing changes over night nor will it change if you wait for the next guy to speak up.)

This world NEEDS prisons, however; when the DOC, (and I'm talking about ANY DOC in the USA), is wrong... then they're wrong.

Don't sit back and wait... DO SOMETHING!!

Just my 2 cents worth.

(Doing) Time
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to (Doing) Time For This Useful Post:
ben's girl (06-27-2008), JWSPMS (07-04-2008), Maggie0312 (12-08-2012)
Old 07-04-2008, 09:06 PM
He's Home in APRIL!!
Donation Award 

As much as my husband dislikes this prison. It has kept him on his toes and he's actually been able to stay out of trouble here unlike other places he's been at...because they are so strict. Although I don't like to use that word they are doing a job. But like I said it's kept him out of trouble...and after visiting a few times now I see the changes in him since he's been there.

~SPIKESWIFE~

Old 07-13-2008, 08:36 AM

My fiance is in Hamilton Annex and was set at Minimum security for over 100 days and all of a sudden he was upped to Medium security. Now he loses some of his priviledges and I cant help but wonder why. He follows the rules, no DRs, he tutors some of the guys going for their GED's. I do believe that this entire thing was a set up to begin with but he seems to keep getting screwed over and over. He met with classification and his CO told him that they had to up his security because he was on probation as a juvenile. Can someone help me to find someone to contact in Tallahassee to give me some answers? He tells me that they keep randomly drug testing him and he keeps passing but he said it feels like they are out to get him. Any answers would be appreciated! Thanks!
Old 07-13-2008, 01:42 PM

FREE~CRE,

Read the post under the topic Region II Work Camps, Forestry Camps, & Road Prisons - Florida titled 'custody reduction'. There is a post in there that I wrote about a scoring system and then a reply after that which tells you how to get your loved one's score sheet. This is a separate score sheet from what the courts use to sentence.

If you can't find it, PM me and I'll be glad to help if I can.

Good luck!
Old 07-13-2008, 04:03 PM

Thanks Mrs. T but the issue here is that my fiance was at minimum for over 100 days and all of sudden they raised his custody level to medium. The explanation was that he was on probation when he was a juvenile. It is BS and there is some type suspicious activity going on here. If you think of anything, please let me know. Thanks!
Old 07-13-2008, 05:53 PM

What I'm saying is that you need to request the custody level scoresheet because there could have previously been an error or you are right that it's something suspicious going on. Without seeing the scoresheet, how are you going to have any proof that they are doing something that shouldnt be done? Custody levels are based on outside factors prior to this incarceration so you need to view the automated scoresheet before you can help fight this.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:40 PM

Ok, I will take another look at the scoresheet. I am just confused by the fact that he was set at Minimum Custody Level by his CO at CFRC, then he was kept their by his other CO at the transitional facility and then he met with his current CO right when he got to his permanent facility he was still at Minimum when he spoke to her. Then all of sudden his custody level changed to Medium and the explanation was that someone in CFRC might have hit the wrong button.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:42 AM

Default Hamilton CI

Hey.. my 19 year old son is at Hamilton. Does anyone have a loved one there? At first he was at Hamilton Annex then the next thing I know he was at Hamilton CI. Don't know why the change and dont know if its a good thing.

Haven't had any calls from him and he's only sent about 2 letters so far. The last letter was just a few days ago and he said he'd write me something longer later.

I just sent him a book a week ago and just ordered another one the other day. He told me reading keeps him busy and out of trouble. He also signed up for classes? I also make sure to keep money in his account compliments of his grandma. She sends money to my other son for college and I skim off 50.00 and send to my son at Hamilton. My other son says its fine by him. LOL

Any info on Hamilton would be greatly appreciated.

Missing him more and more each day!
Old 09-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Donation Award 

Hi - I don't know anything about Hamilton. I do know that the transfers are a little rough on them sometimes. It usually takes my guy a week to settle in and get used to things. Good luck!
JasonsMomma (09-28-2008)
Old 09-28-2008, 03:56 PM

All inmates go to the Annex unit first. And then the ones not with a severe medical issue goes up to the main unit.
The Following User Says Thank You to xxxplayboy23xx For This Useful Post:
JasonsMomma (09-29-2008)
Old 10-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Debbie

My boyfriend was just transfered from Okaloosa to Hamilton C.I. Not really sure what the facility is like but he called me after he arrived. He also is there for classes. Not to sure when he'll try to call me again. I hope its soon. I miss being able to visit him.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:09 PM

my son just wrote me a nice long letter. He says he is on the waiting list for classes. Hopefully, the list isnt that long.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Donation Award 

That's great, I hope he gets his classes soon.