Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 2 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 2 Facilities Discussion and information for the following facilities:: Baker CI, Columbia CI, Columbia Annex, Cross City CI, FL State Prison, FL State Prison – West, Hamilton CI, Hamilton Annex, Lake City CF, Lancaster CI, Lawtey CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Lowell Reception Center, Madison CI, Marion CI, Mayo Annex, Putnam CI, RMC-Main, RMC-W, Suwannee CI, Suwannee Annex, Tomoka CI, Union CI

Old 10-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Donation Award 

Hi my son has been at Hamilton for a couple of years. He was denied school at first but he is in electrical classes there,( although the sent for him and he is back in county for court). My son was transferred to the adult dorm last month. If I don't hear from him for a few days I always call to make sure he is not in the hole. Things seem to be fine there I would not worry.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2008, 05:22 PM
Puzzle Pieces

My fiance is at hamilton annex right now in confinement but he was at the main unit before. He said it wasnt that bad once he settled down and felt a little more comfortable. The CO's are nice and some just aren't. He was stayin busy before as the houseman until he got in trouble, he's in confinement now for 60 days and he says its hell. My fiance was offered a culinary class but he denied it. These guys just need to stay to themselves, I hope my baby has learned his lesson. I cant live like this without him.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:20 AM

Hi JasonsMomma Hamilton CI is pretty fair place to be this time of year it has a lot of things to do to keep the inmates busy. But i learned to keep out of trouble there buy staying busy reading and a lot of praying. My wife did what she thought was a good idea by at least calling H. CI once every week just to check up on how I was doing. This let them know that I had someone out there who cared about my well being. and it kept the bad officers from picking me out of the crowed to do whatever what they wanted. Here is some info you might want to have if you dont already have it..
(386) 792-5151
FAX: (386) 792-5159

E-Mail:
hamiltonci@
mail.dc.state.fl.us

E-mail works better that way you have a record of inquiring about your son.
May GOD continue to watch over your Son,& provide your with strength to endure.

Mike655715
The Following User Says Thank You to Michael Allen For This Useful Post:
JasonsMomma (10-28-2008)
Old 10-23-2008, 07:31 PM

My bf is at Hamiltom C.I. I've been visiting for about a year. It seems to be okay. Of course, like everything FLDOC, you never know who is going to be working and what kind of mood they will be in. The COs have been nice one visit, cranky the next. The Classification officers seem polite and helpful. Of course, I've never visited any other prison before, so I have nothing to compare it to.

Being transferred from the Annex to the Main Camp is usually a good thing. Annex is for all the newbies + the sick inmates as the previous poster said. My bf keeps his head down, minds his business, asks no one for anything and has been able to quietly do his time.

Good luck and God bless.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darrick's Girl For This Useful Post:
JasonsMomma (10-28-2008)
Old 11-09-2008, 08:50 PM
He's Home in APRIL!!
Donation Award 

My husband is at the annex and he's neither a newbie nor is he sick. And Hamilton is the worst place we've been so far.

~SPIKESWIFE~

Old 11-14-2008, 03:46 AM

I was fortunate I suppose to have only been in the Florida DOC for 13 months. 12 months of that time was spent at Hamilton CI. I will tell you from talking with other inmates that had a lot of time in that HCI was/is one of the most corrupt CI's in the state. I am not trying to worry anyone, but rather motivate. Write letters to DOC in Tallahassee, call Hamilton, do what you can to get your loved ones transferred. I started out at the Annex where all newbies are initially sent. Some stay, but not many...some go to the main unit, and some get sent to the wonderful work camp. The work camp is where I was for the first 3 months until a Sgt. decided that he didn't like me and had two of his lackies put a shank in my locker while I stood and watched them do it. 59 days later I got out of confinement at the annex and was sent to the main unit where things were just as bad. I watched things happen there that you only think happen in movies. Officers beating the hell out of inmates and then throwing them in confinement. Changes in rules almost daily.
I beg for those of you that have loved ones there to do what you legally can to get them moved. Also, if your loved one is for some reason put in confinement, call on a regular basis to check on them. That will sometimes get them out a few days early...or at least it did for me.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:21 PM

Update on my son. I finally heard from him the other day. Because of his procrastination in getting them the info they needed, he wasnt able to call. We got quite alot of talk time in that small 15 minute call. He went to class in Oct and finished in Oct. Took his GED test and is now waiting for the results. He says he has a job and he says he reads books to keep out of trouble. So far he hasn't had any problems at all. Thank God!
Hey... just got another phone call from him.. Wow! So excited to hear my sons voice again. Now if only I can find a way there to visit him.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:31 PM

Default Hamilton Annex

Hey everyone , does anyone have information on this location. I have read a couple of horror stories on the internet about this place. Also I live in Jacksonsville if anyone wants to carpool.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:47 AM

I was hoping to get some info too...my husband just got moved there and I live in Ocoee just west of Orlando....about a 3 hr drive for me....
Old 02-06-2009, 03:00 PM

JasonsMomma:Where do you live in FLorida? I live in Ocoee and am going to Hamiliton CI this weekend and next weekend.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:47 PM
He's Home in APRIL!!
Donation Award 

jrm400 Your post is so right on...and we just recently got my husband transfered from there. AWFUL place.

JWSPMS

Old 04-16-2009, 03:18 AM

Default Hamilton ci annex

hi there
My husband has just been transferred to Hamilton CI Annex. We were talking last night on the phone and my baby gave me his new address, but I noticed when I went onto the Hamilton CI Annex part of FLDOC that the address they give is different from my husbands?
Can anyone confirm what the correct address for this institution is please, before I send my beautiful husband his back log of letters... wow he is in for a LOT OF READING
Thank you so much
Wakan Tanka Niya Wakan
Spirit Dreamer
Old 04-16-2009, 07:44 AM

Me personally would go by the address on the website and just make sure that his DC# is clear!
Old 04-16-2009, 05:36 PM
He's Home in APRIL!!
Donation Award 

Yes, there is a different address for the Annex. My husband was just there. And if u use the address for the main unit which is the one on the FLDOC web site. It takes longer for him to get your letters.

The address for the Hamilton Annex is the following:

Hamilton CI Annex
11419 SW County Rd 249
Jasper, Florida

Is that what he gave u? That's the one my husband had given me and his letters got to him so much faster since they didn't have to go to the main unit then down to the Annex.
Hope that helps sweetie.
JWSPMS

The Following User Says Thank You to JWSPMS For This Useful Post:
natalie1 (04-16-2009)
Old 04-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Completely Jason's Girl!!

My baby was transfered from Baker to Hamilton because Baker is becoming a rehabilitation prison nobody there who has more than 5 yrs and he does can anoyone give me any information at all about the prison, how is visitation there and mail and phone calls I am freaking out....lol
"For verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you." Mathew 17:20--Brandy

Old 04-21-2009, 10:24 AM

Visitation is okay...you can kiss him and hug him when you go in and you can hold hand throughout the visit. Most people go outside as soon as they open the doors. It gets crowded very fast and the food line gets busy really quickly. The prison is not to bad as far as prisons go so it is okay.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:21 PM
elfmom

This is where my son is and I miss him. Yes,that is the address I have.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Donation Award 

Question Visiting Hamilton CI Annex

I was wondering if anyone out there was visiting Hamilton Annex on Memorial Day b/c I will. I'm not sure I would carpool just yet, but it would be nice to meet someone who also has a loved one there.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:19 PM

hi, my husband just has been transfer to hamilton today i just have to wait to get aproved to visitation i think i can visit maybe next week. let me know i will love to meet girls in my own situation my husband is going to be there 4 1/2 yrs is very hard i know. i believe is a 3hrs drive a less from my house i live in orlanda in hunter creek very close from kissimmee. please get in conctact with me
Old 05-15-2009, 02:22 PM

my husband is there and his adrress is 10650 s,w, 46th street jasper, fl. 32052.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:38 PM

wao, know i'm very scare my husband just gat transfer there today, i hear hamilton was a good place, but know i'm very scare, what i can do to get my husband transfer? oh my god know i'm very scare for my husband safety. Please help me i need to get him out of hamilton, as soon as possible. Please help me. Thank you
Old 05-16-2009, 01:43 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Rivera View Post
hi, my husband just has been transfer to hamilton today i just have to wait to get aproved to visitation i think i can visit maybe next week. let me know i will love to meet girls in my own situation my husband is going to be there 4 1/2 yrs is very hard i know. i believe is a 3hrs drive a less from my house i live in orlanda in hunter creek very close from kissimmee. please get in conctact with me
Hi Mrs. Rivera, I hate to disappoint you, but it took me longer than a week to get approved. It was about a month but I hope you get approved asap. I'm in Manatee county and it takes me 3 1/2 hours to get there. My bf has about 3years left. Hit me up whenever you want.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:51 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Rivera View Post
wao, know i'm very scare my husband just gat transfer there today, i hear hamilton was a good place, but know i'm very scare, what i can do to get my husband transfer? oh my god know i'm very scare for my husband safety. Please help me i need to get him out of hamilton, as soon as possible. Please help me. Thank you
Calm down, Mrs. Rivera, my bf is at Hamilton Annex, and he says it's the best place he has been to so far, and unfortunately he has been in more than a couple of places. Wait until you talk to him and see what he says.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rhiannon11 For This Useful Post:
natalie1 (05-17-2009)
Old 05-16-2009, 08:40 AM

what you mean with the wonderfull work camp? my husband is going to that camp in a few days. I'm very scare man, my heart is on the floor, i can't believe my husband can be abuse like that, a less i know my baby always stay on his on bussiness, and hi is very smart. but please give me more inf, just in case. thank you
Old 05-16-2009, 08:50 AM

thank you a talk to him last night and he said so far not to bad, plus the co said his going to work camp i dont know. Right know he is in annex, please ask your man if is true they abuse them there, and how my husband can stay out of trouble. my baby name is michael maybe your bf know him, thank you, maybe sometime we can carpooling, i will love to get to know girls in my same situation for support you now is very hard, we have two small kids that make it worst. i hope i can talk to you soon and thank you again you just give me some realease here.