Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 2 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 2 Facilities Discussion and information for the following facilities:: Baker CI, Columbia CI, Columbia Annex, Cross City CI, FL State Prison, FL State Prison – West, Hamilton CI, Hamilton Annex, Lake City CF, Lancaster CI, Lawtey CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Lowell Reception Center, Madison CI, Marion CI, Mayo Annex, Putnam CI, RMC-Main, RMC-W, Suwannee CI, Suwannee Annex, Tomoka CI, Union CI

Old 05-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Donation Award 

Well, I will talk to my bf on Monday and I'll tell him about your concerns. But like I said as far as he is concerned it's probably the best place he's been. He takes classes, plays softball, listens to his radio, goes to the library... It's not a vacation resort, far from that, but he tries to make the best of it. As far as the COs, he says they're cool. He did tell me once about an altercation he had with another inmate, but he promised me he wouldn't do anything to lose his gaintime. I'm sure that there are things he won't tell me because he knows I will worry.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2009, 09:16 AM

for real, my husband co said give her a week because my husband has been without visitation for more than 60 days, they just transfer him from cfrc,i hope she is not giving me fake hope here, i need to see my baby. i was arrested but never found guilty you believe they can denied my application i hope not i will died if i can't see him,please let me know, the state drope the case before first apperance they said was not probable cause for arrest,
Old 05-16-2009, 09:17 AM

where is manatee co?
Old 05-16-2009, 09:22 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Rivera View Post
for real, my husband co said give her a week because my husband has been without visitation for more than 60 days, they just transfer him from cfrc,i hope she is not giving me fake hope here, i need to see my baby. i was arrested but never found guilty you believe they can denied my application i hope not i will died if i can't see him,please let me know, the state drope the case before first apperance they said was not probable cause for arrest,
Gee, I don't know, my bf was at CFRC forever too and I stil had to wait, but you may have more privileges being his wife and all. About your application why don't you post that question under Florida visitation and I'm sure Ben's Girl or somebody will have the answer. You could also ask his CO on Monday.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Rivera View Post
where is manatee co?

Manatee co is just south of Tampa across the sunshine skyway bridge.

my life begins
Old 05-16-2009, 02:26 PM

Question visitation application

i was arrested last year but the state attorney droped the case because was no probable cause for my arrest. I was really inosent, I'm a criminal justice student and i'm almost finishing my bachelor i'm not criminal so ever, anyways they close the case even before first apperance so i never went to court no even ones, all was part of a personal problem with the sherriff that ask for me to be arrested, i'm working to get that arrest take out but everything take time in florida, i really hate florida, is alot of bad cop's out there that use their job to fuck other people's life, i use to love the justice but florida change my idea and teach me justice suck in here. I'm planning going to law school next year after a finish my bachelor in may. please help me out here because i want to visit my husband but i don't know if that arrest is going to get my application denied. i believe not but i dont have to much experience with doc. thank you.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Donation Award 

Hamilton CI Annex
11419 SW County Rd 249
Jasper, Florida

that address does get the mail there much quicker. my husband also seems to think writing their pod and bunk number on it makes it faster too
Old 05-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Donation Award 

my father was there and my husband it there right now. We talk on the phone every day and 2 days ago he told me 2 people died there the night before. My father was also there and witness a younger boy get raped and killed there. this was about 2 years ago. they still apparently talk about it there because my husband knew about it before i ever mentioned it. It is a pretty shitty place and you have to kiss ass majorly and swallow your pride or you will have a hard time. I dont know if this particular part is true but inmates told my husband that if another inmate gets beaten by the guards that they will put them in confinement until they are healed up and not allow letters visits or phone calls. usually if you keep your mouth shut though you wont have problems
Old 05-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Donation Award 

Really, cause I haven't heard anything about that. Let me know if you find something in the paper.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Donation Award 

he said one of them was a heart attack and the other he said he didnt want to talk about over the phone because it was recorded. I guess some guys told him about it at mess-hall. Thats how he found out.
The Following User Says Thank You to ambiespaz For This Useful Post:
Rhiannon11 (05-23-2009)
Old 05-28-2009, 07:15 AM

My husband is in Hamilton and he says it is not that bad....when we go for visits its a little over crowded but that is everywhere....as long as you keep out of trouble and mind your p's and q's its not to bad. They have cut down the portions of food and only give out razors once a week now but its better than some of the prisons he has been in.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:36 PM

They approved me and a when to see my husband in Father's Day he was so happy i love him and i miss him too much, i'm planning to visit him this Sunday june 28. If anyone want to carpolling let me know
Old 01-24-2010, 08:25 AM

Today is my sons 21'st birthday. He was moved earlier in the week from the dorm with younger people to 'D" dorm.. I think he say "D". Well, it wasnt his first choice but he says he likes the adult dorm better because it is quiet. He tries to call every night since he's been at Hamilton. He only misses his call when he starts reading and forgets.
So far all is well as can be. I tell him to read and read and read. Whenever he calls, I ask if he needs a new book. If the library doesnt have what he wants, he tells me and I order from Amazon.
I think I give him more while he's away than when he was home. With me sending him money every payday, paying for those collect calls and buying him books its like Ughhh. But, I do what I can since he is my baby boy. Things happen for a reason and I hope he learns from his mistakes.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:36 PM

Exclamation need information on visiting.

in going to visit my boyfriend this weekend,hes in hamilton county work camp.!
what do i do?! what do i need to bring!
what can & cant we do?
help meh!!!

Last edited by mrs.mansell4evr; 02-06-2010 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: need more info
Old 02-07-2010, 06:10 PM
Florida Visiting Day

Generally you can take your ID, car key only, 50 dollars, jacket, unopened pack cigarettes or cigars. One kiss to say hello and one to good bye. Some facilities you have to sit across from each other but you can hold hands. You can check out http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/inmates/visit.html for more info
Old 02-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Registered member

Wow nuttin' but a work-camp question on HCI/Ammex for the past several years!

Old 04-06-2010, 07:59 PM

My son is at hamilton, we have visited him once. I live on the west coast of florida.
He tells me the guards--one female is real nasty because she can--the other guards-just push the inmates to say something--one of my son's friends got confinement supposedly he said something under his breath--as you can tell i fully back my son-i'm having a hard time finding my place in the threads once i have posted? it would be nice to car-pool. next visit is in may. thanks
Old 04-09-2010, 10:07 PM

Hello My husband has been moved several times and is now at the Hamilton Annex, can anyone give me any updated rules or advice about visiting?
Also I was curious as to how bad or good this prison is...... my husband seems to be really down but trying hard not to let that be known to me but I know him and see as well as feel it, so I am curious about everything with this facility.
Thanks in advance.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:31 PM

Hello I was wondering if anyone had a loved one currently at Hamilton Annex. My fiance just got moved there about 3 weeks ago and I would really love to get to know others with loved ones at the same facility, maybe even carpool for visits when it comes time.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:45 PM

Jasonsmomma-my son Geoff is at Hamilton maybe the two sons can greet and see
if they can continue their journey as friends? flagal21 my son is 21 and has at least
ten more years. just asking.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:38 PM

I am visiting my son in hamilton, memorial day week-end. i am meeting another pto member- why don't we pm each other to get specifics. i live in sarasota county on the west coast of florida.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:28 PM

do you have to show an underage child's birth certificate each time we visit-she is my biological child, this is our second visit.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:33 PM

what type of identification do you need for underage children. Classification officer told me we were approved and i brought my daughters birth certificate and guess what they asked for it, imagine driving that long and one perons tell you one thing and finding out they were wrong= good thing i am persistent and asked anyone answering the phone the same question. however once we have visited do we bring each i.d back again
Old 05-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Dawn loves Michael always

You shouldn't have to bring their birth certificates more than once. However, bring them and leave them in the car just in case. Especially if they are transferred. After our first visit they never asked for them again. Better safe than sorry though. Adults do need to bring their picture IDs every time.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Dawn loves Michael always

You should not. But bring it with you and leave it in the car just in case. Adults always need to bring in their photo IDs however.

The Following User Says Thank You to wifeofMichael For This Useful Post:
flagal21 (05-03-2010)