Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 2 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 2 Facilities Discussion and information for the following facilities:: Baker CI, Columbia CI, Columbia Annex, Cross City CI, FL State Prison, FL State Prison – West, Hamilton CI, Hamilton Annex, Lake City CF, Lancaster CI, Lawtey CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Lowell Reception Center, Madison CI, Marion CI, Mayo Annex, Putnam CI, RMC-Main, RMC-W, Suwannee CI, Suwannee Annex, Tomoka CI, Union CI

Old 05-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Registered member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsMomma View Post
Hey.. my 19 year old son is at Hamilton. Does anyone have a loved one there? At first he was at Hamilton Annex then the next thing I know he was at Hamilton CI. Don't know why the change and dont know if its a good thing.

Haven't had any calls from him and he's only sent about 2 letters so far. The last letter was just a few days ago and he said he'd write me something longer later.

I just sent him a book a week ago and just ordered another one the other day. He told me reading keeps him busy and out of trouble. He also signed up for classes? I also make sure to keep money in his account compliments of his grandma. She sends money to my other son for college and I skim off 50.00 and send to my son at Hamilton. My other son says its fine by him. LOL

Any info on Hamilton would be greatly appreciated.

Missing him more and more each day!
LOL Oops! It just occured to me that I just sent u a PM thinking this post was entered today & it's two years old!
Well, I hope u r doing well! Have a Happy Mother's Day!

-Mrs. T

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Registered member

My husband is in the Annex there. I am visiting the weekend before Memorial Day. But feel free to send a PM if u want

-Mrs. T

Old 05-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Registered member

It's not too bad really. There are good people & bad people in any place. Follow the rules and enjoy ur visit! Have u gone to see him yet? I'm missing my hubby bad...going soon tho! <3

Old 08-03-2010, 12:19 PM

Exclamation Questions on Hamilton-CI-Annex

Ok, I just got an email from Vine that my love has been moved to Hamilton CI- Annex today. Any info on this place? How are the visits? How do they work phone calls? How long for mail to get in? How long for mail to get out?

Tell me everything! And I can handle the good, the bad and the ugly by now!

Who has a man here?

Thanks ladies!
Old 08-04-2010, 04:26 AM

Does anyone have info on the Hamilton-Annex? My love is in a 63 man open dorm with only one phone that works, poo!
Old 08-05-2010, 05:20 PM

C'mon now ladies, somebody surely knows something about Hamilton-Annex out there? It is sad not to have even one reply! Show some love for your sisters! LOL!

Now, who has ANY info on Hamilton-Annex, mail turn out, how the guards are, how their visits roll, etc? Please?

And thank you in advance for sharing!
Old 08-12-2010, 02:52 PM

Hi, I have someone I really care about there...it takes about 4 days or so to get through to him, and vice versa. He's in a dorm, maybe near your man. He's moved a few times over the last year and considers Hamilton Annex the worst. His work schedule has him missing some programs, but I wonder if the summer heat just makes a bunch of men in the dorm get hostile, can't say I blame them. I don't know how they manage. Overall his letters are positive and he even adds some humor about some of the guys around him. That's about it for now. As I hear more, I'll share.

Last edited by KlovesJ; 08-12-2010 at 02:53 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to KlovesJ For This Useful Post:
Mikesprincess (08-12-2010)
Old 09-01-2010, 06:35 PM

I had a friend of mine at Hamilton Annex years ago...the visits were good. We got in pretty quick and the transition was fairly easy. he was upbeat and the guards were just...guards. They all look and act alike to me. Nothing more, nothing less.
The Following User Says Thank You to BenBlaze For This Useful Post:
Mikesprincess (09-08-2010)
Old 09-08-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenBlaze View Post
I had a friend of mine at Hamilton Annex years ago...the visits were good. We got in pretty quick and the transition was fairly easy. he was upbeat and the guards were just...guards. They all look and act alike to me. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thank you so kindly for responding Ben! I appreciate! yeah, good guards/bad guards..... geez they seem to have some God complex going on..... all I think is "get a life" ??? I seriously do think this is the only place they feel they can assert authority and they get off on it. Sick world we are living in!

Thanks for replying, Ben, I so appreciate!
Old 09-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Here for the long ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikesprincess View Post
Thank you so kindly for responding Ben! I appreciate! yeah, good guards/bad guards..... geez they seem to have some God complex going on..... all I think is "get a life" ??? I seriously do think this is the only place they feel they can assert authority and they get off on it. Sick world we are living in!

Thanks for replying, Ben, I so appreciate!
My man is in the Hamilton Annex too - but you already knew that. LOL

Old 10-22-2010, 07:52 PM
LOVE knows NO TIME

Default Incoming Mail at Hamilton CI-Annex

Has anyone had a problem with their loved one not getting their mail at Hamilton Annex? My boyfriend has been there for a week and has not received any of his mail!

I have realized from receiving his letter today that the DOC does not list the correct address for the annex on the website. Anyways, 2 days ago he was transfered to the Main Unit Hamilton CI, is his friggin mail ever gonna find him? Not to mention he never got his mail from reception (CFRC) forwarded to him either?! his DC# is on all his mail......
any thoughts?

Old 10-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,544 Times in 3,575 Posts

Sometimes mail can take up to 30 days to reach them when they move.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 08:24 PM
LOVE knows NO TIME

But if he is at the same place and just went from the annex to the main unit, it shouldn't take 30 days should it? It is the same address.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Here for the long ride

Hamilton had a big problem getting mail to the inmates. It has been better the last week. Today my husband received my mail from last Thursday. So not too bad.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:55 PM
LOVE knows NO TIME

My boyfriend is hating Hamilton. Unfortunately he has done this a few times before, but so far he says this place is the worst! There is only one phone in his dorm and he can't seem to get much of a chance to use the phone, I am hoping by now he has gotten his mail.
I hope to hear from him in the next couple days....
Old 11-04-2010, 07:41 AM

Default Phones at Hamilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt'slove View Post
My boyfriend is hating Hamilton. Unfortunately he has done this a few times before, but so far he says this place is the worst! There is only one phone in his dorm and he can't seem to get much of a chance to use the phone, I am hoping by now he has gotten his mail.
I hope to hear from him in the next couple days....
Hey.. My son is at Hamilton Main and normally I hear from him everyday. I haven't heard from him since Saturday though. I know he gets caught up in this game, he and a couple of other guys are playing. About a week ago, they had phone problems. He called from the other phone and it was just a little better. I'm thinking they have 2 phones. On Saturday when he called, the phone line was much better. Hoping to hear from him today. He knows I get worried if I don't hear from him often. As to writing, I'm bad with that. I used to write him often but when he started calling daily, I had nothing to write about. LOL.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:10 PM
LOVE knows NO TIME

Yeah my BF said that that they only have one phone in his dorm. His mail is finally getting there too. He usually calls like every other night. Love my phone calls!!!
Can anyone give me any good tips on Hamilton Visitation? I hear the dress code is strict!?
Old 11-27-2010, 04:03 AM
Darren's Wife

Quote:
Has anyone had a problem with their loved one not getting their mail at Hamilton Annex? My boyfriend has been there for a week and has not received any of his mail!

I have realized from receiving his letter today that the DOC does not list the correct address for the annex on the website. Anyways, 2 days ago he was transfered to the Main Unit Hamilton CI, is his friggin mail ever gonna find him? Not to mention he never got his mail from reception (CFRC) forwarded to him either?! his DC# is on all his mail......
any thoughts?

My fiance', just left from there. Well he was at the workcamp. He worked at the annex. He was at the Main unit and got his mail daily and on time. I live 15 minutes away so if I mailed him a letter Monday he received it on Tuesday. However, he was only at the Main Unit for a short period of time. Once he was moved to the workcamp. It was taking him "2WEEKS" to get mail and me not receiving any. There was something always going on with the mail, more issues than I care to even mention. And, I thought that it was just us having an issue!

He was the main canteen man, so I visited him at the Annex instead of the workcamp when they had him working there. The workcamp is more laid back then both the Main Unit and Annex. However, they all have CO's with power issues, write ups because they can! It is not place to like or brag on however, the workcamp is ran a lot better than the annex (based on my visiting my fiance' there)! (He is currently in transit to work release)

Old 11-27-2010, 04:10 AM
Darren's Wife

Quote:
Yeah my BF said that that they only have one phone in his dorm. His mail is finally getting there too. He usually calls like every other night. Love my phone calls!!!
Can anyone give me any good tips on Hamilton Visitation? I hear the dress code is strict!?
Not sure which one he is in. However, I believe that the Annex, is more strict with attire than the Main Unit and Work Camp. I seen them turn a woman away because her jeans were too fitted, she had on a v-neck shirt with flip-flops on (neither of them allow flip-flops). If you have a shirt and you lean on the table and you MIGHT possible have cleavage show, they have you change your shirt. Your shirts must have sleeves on them, no tank top like shirts, your arm pits cannot be viewable. If you wear a shirt make sure you have on a slip! Yes, they are very strict!!!!

Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Old 11-30-2010, 03:38 PM

Does anyone know how long visitation apps take to get approved? I've been waiting for a month and still haven't heard anything! It really scares me reading some of these post cuz my bf just got transferred to Hamilton C.I about two months ago and he says its wild in there, that there are alot of gang wars and alot of crazy stuff happen that he couldn't mention. I pray that God protects him in there!

-Steph-
Old 12-16-2010, 03:07 PM

Default Hamilton first visitation

Hi everyone, saturday dec 18th will be my first contact visitation since my son was arrested feb 3rd 2009, i can't wait to kiss him and huge him.
I need information on a hotel near by, get there on time , food, etc. based on your own experiences going to this place. Am planning to go every month so if anyone needs a ride from Miami , just let me know to make arrangements.
Thanks a lot!!!
Gus.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:54 PM

Default Hamilton

Hi Steph, my name is Gus, and i have my son doing time at Hamilton CI.
Tomorrow am going to visit him for the first time in almost two years(contact visitation), he was at Metro West Detention Center in Miami until the end of september, but there is no contact visitation, only true the glass
Anyways, am going tomorrow and Sunday, so if you reach this before sunday, if you want , i can ask my son about your boy friend to see if he knows him or if he can ask about him and get some info for you.
I hope you already have news about him since your post it's almost 3 weeks old, so i'll check my postings tomorrow afternoon and also will post anything that help others about my experience in Hamilton.
Good luck!!!!!
Gus.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:00 PM

Thanks for replying! sorry i havent been on here in forever, but i did hear from him finally! and i got approved on the visitation i still havent seen him since i live in tampa 3 and a half hours away from him and i have been having car problems, but im soo anxious to see him i havent seen him face to face in 4 years! and i think he is in Dorm E, his name is Juan carlos
Old 01-15-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousAT View Post
My fiance is at hamilton annex right now in confinement but he was at the main unit before. He said it wasnt that bad once he settled down and felt a little more comfortable. The CO's are nice and some just aren't. He was stayin busy before as the houseman until he got in trouble, he's in confinement now for 60 days and he says its hell. My fiance was offered a culinary class but he denied it. These guys just need to stay to themselves, I hope my baby has learned his lesson. I cant live like this without him.
my husband is in confinement at the annex right now. do u have anymore information about that place because i am worried about him. he has only been in there for 7 days and says that he lost 10 pounds.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm400 View Post
I was fortunate I suppose to have only been in the Florida DOC for 13 months. 12 months of that time was spent at Hamilton CI. I will tell you from talking with other inmates that had a lot of time in that HCI was/is one of the most corrupt CI's in the state. I am not trying to worry anyone, but rather motivate. Write letters to DOC in Tallahassee, call Hamilton, do what you can to get your loved ones transferred. I started out at the Annex where all newbies are initially sent. Some stay, but not many...some go to the main unit, and some get sent to the wonderful work camp. The work camp is where I was for the first 3 months until a Sgt. decided that he didn't like me and had two of his lackies put a shank in my locker while I stood and watched them do it. 59 days later I got out of confinement at the annex and was sent to the main unit where things were just as bad. I watched things happen there that you only think happen in movies. Officers beating the hell out of inmates and then throwing them in confinement. Changes in rules almost daily.
I beg for those of you that have loved ones there to do what you legally can to get them moved. Also, if your loved one is for some reason put in confinement, call on a regular basis to check on them. That will sometimes get them out a few days early...or at least it did for me.
my husband is in confinement at the annex, what is it like there?