Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 2 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 2 Facilities Discussion and information for the following facilities:: Baker CI, Columbia CI, Columbia Annex, Cross City CI, FL State Prison, FL State Prison – West, Hamilton CI, Hamilton Annex, Lake City CF, Lancaster CI, Lawtey CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Lowell Reception Center, Madison CI, Marion CI, Mayo Annex, Putnam CI, RMC-Main, RMC-W, Suwannee CI, Suwannee Annex, Tomoka CI, Union CI

Old 05-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Dawn loves Michael always

Michael was given 18 months which meant he would have to serve at least 15.3 months. He was given credit for 3 months jail time. He was told at reception his 85% date was 8/2/2010. He was arrested April 25, 2009. He was sentenced July 24, 2009. The DOC picked him up July 30, 2009. His original release date was 10/23/2010. Which was the jail credit applied, so 15 months. He has received a total of seventy-eight days gain time as of May 2010. His current date showing is August 6, 2010. He'll get his full ten for May sometime in June. However only 4 days will apply since he cannot be released before his 85% which is 8/2/2010. He will not have any more shown after this (though he'll still get it on paper). So his date will not move after June. So even though he'll only do 12 months in the DOC, he will have done the full 15 months as required by the 85% rule.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2010, 04:08 PM

Default Union Corr

My husband is at Union in Raiford, Fl. It is a horrible place. They don't even have a licensed doctor working there and inmates are not getting there meds that were prescribed by the previous doctor. Two inmates have died so far from lack of meds. I just don't know who at a state level to report this to. JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO HELP!
Old 05-31-2010, 08:10 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,544 Times in 3,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amickeyfan View Post
Ok, you confused me now.. but then you know, it doesn't take much to do that to me How do they get less than the 85/65%? I know they don't get gain time for their jail credited days, or at least my son didn't (and I didn't think they did).

I'm sorry if I'm not saying this in a non-confusing way. When I said "less than 85%" I meant they can't go below 85% even with jail credit. Jail credit is applied and then any remaining gaintime will get them to the 85% date hence why Ben got to his date before we expected him to.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ben's girl For This Useful Post:
amickeyfan (06-01-2010)
Old 05-31-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal View Post
My husband is at Union in Raiford, Fl. It is a horrible place. They don't even have a licensed doctor working there and inmates are not getting there meds that were prescribed by the previous doctor. Two inmates have died so far from lack of meds. I just don't know who at a state level to report this to. JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO HELP!
Do you have documentation of inmates dying for lack of medications? If so, privately pm me so I can pass it along to those who will do something about it.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben's girl View Post
I'm sorry if I'm not saying this in a non-confusing way. When I said "less than 85%" I meant they can't go below 85% even with jail credit. Jail credit is applied and then any remaining gaintime will get them to the 85% date hence why Ben got to his date before we expected him to.
duh.. now I got it. Like I said, doesn't take much to confuse me these days.
That makes sense now.... thanks
Old 06-03-2010, 09:07 PM

it confuses me too... hubby keeps me up to date.... i wouldnt be able to figure it myself
Old 07-01-2010, 05:40 AM

Default RMC Main Living Conditions

My son just told me recently that RMC Main has no air conditioning and it is miserable hot in there in the summer. Are there no rules that the prison systems have to follow as far as what is physically humane? I wouldnt subject my dog to such conditions in Florida in the summer heat. Who do the prisons have to be accountable to as far as what is fair or humane?
Old 07-01-2010, 07:29 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Donation Award 

There are only 6 prisons in FL that have AC. This is the norm. I understand your feelings on this but as part of the punishment this comes with it. Not what we want for our loved ones for sure...

He's home!!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 05:03 PM

Many of these prisons are very old and to put in AC would cost a fortune. I agree it's wrong.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:10 PM

most of the prisons in fla have no air... my man is in mayo they have no air either and yes they suffer wish there was a way to help them but havent found a way yet.. just let them order shorts is all we can do for now.. sorry i know how you feel
Old 07-27-2010, 11:37 AM

And people wonder why inmates come out of prison worse than when they went in...
Old 07-27-2010, 11:40 AM

My husband saw a C.O. push an inmate down the stairs. The inmate later died from the fall. It's a shame we can't do anything about things like this.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:20 AM

can they call from rmc- main unit? i havnt recieved a phone call from him while hes been there and how long are they there? is it like where all the new inmates go and then they are transferred somewhere else?
Old 08-05-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasandraj89 View Post
can they call from rmc- main unit? i havnt recieved a phone call from him while hes been there and how long are they there? is it like where all the new inmates go and then they are transferred somewhere else?
Did you get a response on this? Was he just taken to recieving? If so, they have to turn in an approved phone list and it takes at least two weeks, mine took just over that. And you may have to have CBS (Correctional Billing Services) as a prepaid account to be able to accept the collect calls. The calls will be something less than $2.00 for anywhere FL to Florida. It must be a land line. If you have Brighthouse, for instance, they require you to have the prepaid CBS account for the billing. CBS is great though! I rave about it! Calls only $1.68 each and my baby is five hours away!
Old 08-17-2010, 01:57 PM

Hi my boyfriend is going to Lake Butler on Thursday anyone know what he is about to go through, I'm new to the sight... Just wondering how to work it
thanks
hb!
Old 08-18-2010, 01:16 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,664 Times in 3,024 Posts

Butler is now called RMC (Reception and Medical Center). It is one of 4 reception centers in the state. He will probably be there anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks although it could be shorter or longer, depending upon what his needs are and where there's a bed available.

During the first 2 weeks there he will go through orientation and they will begin to evaluate him to determine what custody level he needs and what, if any, mental health or medical issues he might have. Once he goes to RMC he will not be able to call you for at least a few weeks. He will need to turn in a phone list to his Classification Officer. The sooner he turns it in, the sooner he'll get phone privileges. Phones must be landlines and make sure whoever's name is on the bill is the name that he gives on his phone list. Writing letters becomes real important during those first few weeks. You can actually send him some blank paper, envelopes and stamps so he doesn't have to purchase them from commissary. Check on the DOC website for the limits on what you may send. Florida DOC link
From the main page just click on FAQ and then go to FAQ's about inmates.

He will probably be fairly bored at Butler. Visitation isn't allowed until he gets to his permanent camp. My son spent lots of time reading.

I think this is about the hardest part of the journey through the prison system. It's not quite as bad as waiting for the sentence but it's frustrating not to be able to talk or visit. Once your boyfriend gets
sent to his permanent prison you will be able to apply for visitation. Hopefully he won't get sent too far away from you so you can visit often.

If he can find someone he trusts, have him give them your phone # so they can have a family member or friend on the outside call and let you know when he gets transferred. The DOC website usually won't update for a day or two so you might not be able to tell that he's been moved. They don't give any advanced warning and often wake people up at like 4AM to pack their things and get ready to ride.

I know this is scary but it will be OK. Before too long he'll be at his permanent prison and you'll be able to get that hug and kiss that you've been missing for so long. Be supportive of him and take good care of yourself. He'll need you to be strong while he's in there and you won't be able to support him if you can't keep yourself together. Try to do something special for yourself every day. Take a walk, go to a movie, listen to your favorite music, take a bubble bath. It's tough being on the outside, not quite as bad as being on the inside, but it's definitely not normal.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:10 AM
Here for the long ride

My husband is currently at RMC Main unit. He has been there since Monday the 9th. I have only received 1 small post card even though I have sent him 2 envelopes with stationary and a letter EVERY day.

I called his classification officer yesterday and found out he was locked down in confinement since the 12th because the grandmother of the victim works there as temp help as a nurse. So now I hope he is getting my letters. He hasn't accessed his canteen yet. Does any know how the canteen works in confinement? How is confinement different with letters? I know they can't have calls.

I'm just so worried with NO contact from him at all.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:39 PM

nkptpt:
Thank you for all of that information we just want to know what he is about to go through. he is going to a minimum security prison because he is in there for a VOP :/ failed drug test. :/ It has been really scary because we do not know what is to come. Is this "lake butler" a rough place? He is in county jail right now but the bus comes tonight,and he has a gut feeling he is going tonight..
is there anything else we should know? Are they able to write as many letters as they want? sorry for all the questions its just a little hard to deal with im getting anxious because its coming down to the wire, thanks for all the support! i cant wait until things get established!

dee n dave:
i'm knew to all of this too but if you find out anything please let me know or just post
thanks alottt and im sorry just keep your head up
Old 08-18-2010, 05:18 PM

They can write as many letters as they want. Make sure you send him envelopes, stamps and paper. Go to the website and read it so you know what to expect.
http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/index.html

Old 08-18-2010, 06:31 PM

Okay for sure.Thank you for all the information everyone.Not looking forward to taking this ride :/
Old 08-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Here for the long ride

I have written him every day since he has been in. I have received a small postcard that was sent BEFORE he went to confinement. He didn't mention anything about my letters. I'm worried he may not be getting them.. I'm just worried about everything.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:10 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,664 Times in 3,024 Posts

Originally posted by hperez27
nkptpt:
Thank you for all of that information we just want to know what he is about to go through. he is going to a minimum security prison because he is in there for a VOP :/ failed drug test. :/ It has been really scary because we do not know what is to come. Is this "lake butler" a rough place? He is in county jail right now but the bus comes tonight,and he has a gut feeling he is going tonight..
is there anything else we should know? Are they able to write as many letters as they want? sorry for all the questions its just a little hard to deal with im getting anxious because its coming down to the wire, thanks for all the support! i cant wait until things get established!

I'm glad I was able to help you. Your boyfriend is going to RMC to determine what permanent facility will meet his needs based on the custody level he needs and any mental health or medical issues he may have. RMC is a controlled movement camp which means that noone goes anywhere outside of their dorm or cell without a pass and, sometimes, a guard. I wouldn't call it a rough place. There are inmates who will be in reception at the same time as your boyfriend who will end up with a higher custody level than your boyfriend. Mostly what I have heard about time spent in any of the reception centers is that it is boring.

He can write as many letters as he wants to and so can you. Mail is a great thing during this period 'cause it's the only connection to the outside that an inmate gets. You will know he's been moved when he disappears from the inmate roster at county. It usually takes a day or two for them to get the info in to the Florida DOC site. I hope he does get moved tonite. The sooner he gets moved, the sooner he'll get classified and sent off somewhere and then before long you'll be able to visit.

If any other questions come up feel free to PM (private message)me. Just click on my screen name in any post I've made and the option to send a private message will pop up. It's just like a regular post except only I get to see it. I try to get in here at least once a day to see what's happening in Florida but I'll get notification of a PM in my email and as soon as I log on to PTO. Hang in there, it will get better!

Last edited by Niki; 08-19-2010 at 12:11 AM..
Old 08-22-2010, 11:52 AM

My boyfriend was transfered from SFRC to RMC recently too...He turned in his phone list at South Florida Reception Center, two of the handful of phone numbers he received was approved..and mine was sent in with my phone bill with the assurance from his Classification Officer that it would be approved soon, but he moved! Does that mean I will wait another week? or....?

Also......will the letters that I sent to him while he was in SFRC be forwarded to him at RMC or will they be returned to sender?...

Lastly........and probably most important if anyone can help me or give me any idea because I'm sorta freaking out......erm Why was he sent from a reception center in south florida to a reception center in north florida? A medical one, at that.. Is that normal...or...does he just need more tests to be done until he gets to a permanent camp? His co-defendant went straight from SFRC to Indian River YO....

I wish my ticker did automatic gain time

"With every single letter in every single word
There will be a hidden message about a boy that
loves a girl..." - There Is

<- story of my life
Old 08-22-2010, 12:05 PM

RMC might end up being his perm camp.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut! View Post
My boyfriend was transfered from SFRC to RMC recently too...He turned in his phone list at South Florida Reception Center, two of the handful of phone numbers he received was approved..and mine was sent in with my phone bill with the assurance from his Classification Officer that it would be approved soon, but he moved! Does that mean I will wait another week? or....?

Also......will the letters that I sent to him while he was in SFRC be forwarded to him at RMC or will they be returned to sender?...

Lastly........and probably most important if anyone can help me or give me any idea because I'm sorta freaking out......erm Why was he sent from a reception center in south florida to a reception center in north florida? A medical one, at that.. Is that normal...or...does he just need more tests to be done until he gets to a permanent camp? His co-defendant went straight from SFRC to Indian River YO....

Mail will follow him for 30 days but sometimes it takes awhile to catch up depending on how many times he moves before he gets to his new prison.

As far as being transferred to another reception center, reception centers are often stopping points along the way to another facility while in transit. He may only be at RMC for a few days and then move again. Just keep an eye on him through the DOC website or you can sign up for VineLink, www.vinelink.com to receive a phone call or email when he's moved. Sometimes you don't get instant notification but most of the time this has worked for me when Ben's moved.

He may have to submit a new phone list once he gets to where he's going. Once you know he's at his permanent facility, call his classification officer to find out if his phone list made the move with him.

He's home!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ben's girl For This Useful Post:
natalie1 (09-14-2010), peanut! (08-22-2010), wifeofMichael (08-22-2010)