Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > ELMIRA HUB PRISONS - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

ELMIRA HUB PRISONS - NY DOC New York Prisons located in the ELMIRA HUB - Butler, Auburn, Five Points, Cayuga, Willard, Monterey, Elmira, Southport.

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 05:54 PM
home since 8/06

Default Butler ASACTC -Butler Correctional Facility

Butler ASACTC
P.O. Box 400
Red Creek, New York 13143
(315) 754-8001 (Wayne County) Medium Male

Visitation Hours: Saturday& Sunday 8:30am to 2:30pm

Visiting Rules: Same as most facilities

Visiting Room: Small, had about about 15 to 20 tables. Very small area for children, with TV & VCR a few toys. Vending machines that are being filled up only for the saturday visit which means pretty empty on sundays

Lodging: No lodging in the immediate area. Closets lodging near Auburn correctional facility about 45 mins away

Prison Web Site: None

Prison Picture: None

FRP available: no FRP

Number of prisoners: It is a small camp like facility so I'm sure it doesn't house more that 400 to 600 it is more like 200 prisoners housed in dorms

General Information: It is a very quite and small place, the guards treated me very well. I had no problems at all! There is no rest room in the front of the facility so you have to change clothes/freshen up when the van service stops at Auburn to let people out. I really had no complaints. I used Rambo Van service. This was my first prison visit in my life so they where very helpful and made sure my traveling was ok. I highly recommend them. i have to agree that Rambos is the best to go up there with. once you get to the facility you can fill out your form and will be called to get checked out by the CO one by one. there really isnt any waiting time for that so you are processed pretty fast. you have lockers where you can leave your belongings and since there is no restroom nor female officers you can get in with even an underwire bra. packages are allowed to bring in yet you should not have any letters or card with it cuz most likely they wont let them in only if you mail it in!

Rambo's Van Service, Inc
Call for the times - (917) 567-1685 and (718) 908-7604
TO AUBURN, CAYUGA AND BUTLER CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES

Convenient pick-up/ Drop-off sites (Cost - $45) Friday and Saturday night pick-ups. Door-to-door services also available (Cost - $50

Butler Correctional Facility
Rt. 370, P.O. Box 388
Red Creek, New York 13143
(315) 754-8001 (Wayne County) Minimum Male

Visitation Hours: same as above

Visiting Rules: same as above plus inmates are allowed next to the vending machines as well as there are smoke breaks for visitors and inmates

Visiting Room: same as above

Lodging: same as above

Prison Web Site: none

Prison Picture: none

FRP available: NO FRP

Number of prisoners: i have been told that the facility holds up to 160 inmates housed in 5 dorms yet most of the time only 1/3 of their space is filled.

General Information: it is a minimum facility which has no fences or gates and makes the entire experience of visiting your loved one really nice. for once you dont feel like you are in a prison. very laid back atmosphere since everybody in that facility "is with one foot at home" as they call it. there is a restroom in the building where you are being processed so in case you need to freshen up they will let you as well you can use the lockers to put away your belongings. no need to worry about underwire bras or jewelry cuz if the metal detector goes off they simply scan you with the little one and you are good to go. there is no waiting time to get in and also no madness going on. once processed you get a ride on the green facility bus to the visiting room and get pretty much to see the facility and depending on the weather a bunch of inmates outdoors ... they have alot of "freedom" compaired to a medium facility. you have boardgames and cards in the visiting room you can use. packages are allowed to bring to the loved one and you can always leave letters/cards with the packages.

PS: even though both facilities have the same name and are next to each other, they are run seperatly as far as their stuff concerns but phone number might be the same!

If you have any additional information, you can PM Mrs G.- and it will be added accordingly

Last edited by Manzanita; 10-28-2005 at 08:27 PM..
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread