Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 08-04-2006, 06:05 PM

Angry i feel your pain

My son was recently denied Parole for the 3rd time through the Palestine Board office and given a 1 yr set off. He has had two 2 yr. set offs. His crime was aggravated but he is a first time offender with an impeccable record, no cases, lost good time, work time, etc. He has already served 70% of an 8 yr. sentence. Heartwrenching for our poor guys locked up. He also had a Parole attorney the last 2 times he came up and I got to meet with the lead voter. I don't think it matters. Parole thinks they are God and I'm beginning to think they are too. Have cried for a week. I am a school teacher and can barely function at this point. I don't know how I'm going to teach my students! Parole doesn't care. That's my horrendous experience with Parole. I'm not exxagerating about any of this. Noone deserved Parole more than my son and they denied him so good luck if you are going through the process.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2006, 06:18 PM
He is home with us!!!!!!!

Sally I am truly sorry for the additional set off. Your correct in the board not caring about the families and while I wish I could say something to make you feel better all I can offer is PTO's shoulder and our prayers for you and your son. I know the heart breaking feeling of hearing denied but I don't know how it feels to hear it three times. You are a strong woman and you will get through this though it doesn't feel that way now. See the small blessings as hard as it is. He got a 1 yr set off instead of another 2 yr set off. teh year will pass before you know it and I pray he will be home this time next year with you. God does things in His own time and that is so hard to accept sometimes, I know it was for me last year but I have kept myself busy and the time has flown. God be with you and strenthen you.

Dago and his Brighteyes forever!!!

If you forget where you came from then who you have become will be of no help to anyone!!
Old 08-26-2006, 03:36 PM

If I were to sum it up to ONE work only......SLOW!!! The waiting for the answer seems to take an eternity.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:28 AM
Donation Award 

The entire parole process seems like we are walking through a dark tunnel and as we walk through it we search for the light at the end of the tunnel but from what I keep reading, the walk is long and never ending.The tunnel becomes a Maze. once your in there's no way out in the State of Texas.
Old 09-10-2006, 08:14 AM

ok everyone here i come again and now i'm really confused gonna have to re call gatesville i talked to a supervisor there and got some very conflicting info from her and has left me again a bit confused to this all now my husband went in got a new case in 05 got a 3 year sentence the new case she said falls under the new law now! when he went before parole last year he got a serv all,which his projected release date went from 2-08 to 3-07,now the supervisor told me friday that he will be reviewed again in jan 07 to see if they release him in 3-07??? i thought once you got a serv-all you served all? then she said his max date is 3-08?? then i got to thinking after we spoked later that night what happened to the good time he earns while serving??? i thought that is what knocked his projected release date from 08 to 07??? man, why does this all got to be so,confusing?so,if anyone can reply to this thats a help!but,once again i will be calling down to gatesville to see what kind of answers i get,just when you think you understand it then here comes more b.s.! thanks everyone!

He's so home and what a blessing!

Last edited by RMD4EVER; 09-10-2006 at 08:16 AM..
Old 09-10-2006, 02:17 PM
Donation Award 

Here is my advice. quit calling and wait for a while or locate information on line. a serve all is the full sentence term so this why I think you are being jerked around. I could be wrong and they could have pulled his file for review. when is his full sentence term up? Jeannie
Old 09-10-2006, 02:20 PM

jeannie,thanks alot well he got 3 years on the new case they said his max date is 3-08,but my biggest ??? is what about the good time? his prd was moved down to 3-07.

Old 09-10-2006, 02:40 PM

ok now i see where i am confused,when they gave my husband a serv all back in jan o6 this year ,they calculated his prd from 6-08 to 3-07?? his prd doesnt match his max date? why? if they gave him a serv all?it says that if they get a serv all their prd will match their max date???and the supervisor there said he would be reviewed again in jan 07??? ok this is all making me a little crazy thanks for the help!

Old 09-11-2006, 03:28 PM

woo wee all this made me crazy lol but, i got the answers i needed seems all depending on parole,i might be waiting another year! they did give him a serv all but didnt take his short way date away thats why he gets reviewed again in jan,then after that in 30 days or less we will know if he gets released in 3-07 or have to go til the next year,so my experience with the parole system has been a very confusing one indeed!

Old 09-14-2006, 02:09 PM

Can Someone help me please... My fiancee had his parole interview last week but what happens now?? They told him they would give him an answer by November but what should I be doing?? I have heard some people talk about a parole packet but, I dont know what that consits of. I know nothing about the parole process so if anyone can help it would be GREATLY appriciated.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:22 PM

savanah all you can do now is wait for an answer the parole letters are sent before they review him good luck and pray alot god bless!

Old 09-16-2006, 09:23 PM
God Is Good

Default Parole Process

Hello Savanah,

First of all I want to thank God for all. My husband was given 8 yrs and has been in since June of 2005. He also has a active detainer with immigration. He was eligible for Parole May 2006. He was interviewed by the Parole Intructional Officer. I gather letters during that time. I got a letter from our church, an employer letter giving him a job upon release, me, our 3 children, and family and friends. I sent all the support letters to Hunstville. After I called the Parole Dept that was taking his file. I just kept checking. I did fax a letter for a phone interview. On Aug. 30 I got a call granting the phone interview. I requested a face to face. I called the next day to inquire and I was granted a face to face by the grace of God. The employer and I went to meet with the first voting member. All I can say is God is all over it. God handled the interview. I found out on Sept. 11 that he was granted parole FI-1 with the condition of detainer or plan. That is good news. God took care of the first mountain and I am in all Faith he's making a way to move the next and bring my husband home. Parole has been a blessing with me. God Bless and continue to pray about it.

Spiritual14life
Old 09-28-2006, 01:59 PM

Default DWI - 4th - got 3 years....

If anyone can give me any info that would be GREAT:

Okay my husbands Parole officer here in Houston called me last march 06 and said he got an F-3 - so then he had to take the changes class which he will complete next week. It took so long because he had to bench warrant back to harris for awhile. the last few months Austin kept telling me his out date was Sept. NOW they say hes in review again and yesterday they said the out date is Dec. then this morning i called and they said Jan. to March is his out date....whats UP???
thanks
Please PM me
Old 10-10-2006, 07:15 AM

Hey all I am to say I am sorry for not posting last week. With Attorney Sirak visiting Texas with the rest of the staff it has been nuts.

Jamey
Old 10-10-2006, 07:16 AM

HOLY CRAP!! you guys get 6 years in the pen for your 3rd DUI?

Jamey
Old 10-10-2006, 07:24 AM

PRD and max out dates rarely match each other. Lol to tell you how crazy and little the parole board actualy cares. One of our clients had a parole review in January. He maxed out in July, they gave him a 2 year set-off. They didn't give him a server all but actually gave him a set-off. He was still released in July but it just goes to show you that they don't even open thier files sometimes.

July
Old 10-10-2006, 12:50 PM

i used to be a counselor in a SAPFP in texas i can answer any questions you have
Old 10-10-2006, 03:28 PM

my husband had a violation of probation for his second assult charge. He was on 10 years probation and violated probation twice. He was sentanced to 3 years tdc time. My husband went up for parole the end of july and i sent 6 support letters one from an employer, one from his family, one from his inlaws, two from me one which included pictures of our house and our car, me, etc, and one from a friend. I called and requested an interview with the lead voter. I told him my husband completed new choices last time he was incaresated and a parenting class while on probation. I called today and he was APPROVED f1-3r and they said he will be home in march!!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 04:24 PM

mrsw congrads on the great news and the home coming we have to wait until they pull his file in jan to see if they let him out for his prd or go another year!!!!thats all i know lol

Old 10-23-2006, 08:15 PM

thanks!!! Its always a blessing to hear congrats on this subject alot of people out in the world are very critical sometimes and speak so negitive its soooo good to have finally found somewhere that actually gives you support in these situations and really mean it!!!!!
Old 11-12-2006, 02:19 PM

My husband of 4 years is doing his time(2 yrs) for his 3rd DWI offense over the span of 15yrs. He has always battled addiction and has remained sober for large spans of time with big doozy relapses. In the past he has also completed mandatory work release rehab/AA programs and probation. I am now living with my parents in order to survive financially. He will be living here with us when he gets out. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to say or not to say in family letters to Parole? Also, what is a Parole Packet?
Old 11-17-2006, 07:36 PM
mrs. buddy boy

Default ???? parole packet???

where do i get info on how to make a parole packet? does anyone know ? please help.......
Old 11-21-2006, 05:32 PM

mrs Buddy,they Have Tons Of Parole Packet Info In Here,look On The Main Pto Page You Will Find It Under Parole! Good Luck!

Old 12-02-2006, 01:12 AM

My fiance is being reviewed right now. He received 10 years for agg. sex. assault (which wasn't aggrivated, but his lawyer was court appointed didn't explain the difference) and a non agg. burglary of a habitat. His 5 year minimum is in 2 weeks. He met with the IPO in the middle of Sept. She told him that he won't get an answer until Jan. or Feb. I'm worried about it because it is his first time up, but he HAS served over half his time. His only major case this whole time was a riot case in Bonham (unit?) and they moved him to the Torres Unit. That was 4 1/2 years ago.
He got his GED with super high scores. He is enrolled in college. He has taken a lot of different courses that he said he would need for the parole board. Some of them are the ones they order when they make a decision. He thought he would get them out of the way "just in case".
He is planning on parolling to my brother's house whose girlfriend is a police officer. I am hoping that all these factors help him in their decision.
What do y'all think? I need some opinions.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:33 PM

Exclamation

Hey im new here and i will like to know what packet you're taking about? My husband was sentenced for 8 years charged for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and he had a parole review on December 2004 and it was denied, they set off 3 years.His next review will be in February of 2008 and i will like to now what kind of paperwork must be done to help him come home.