Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:06 PM

My Hubby Was Sentenced To 40 Years In Oct '02 For Poss Of A C/s. He Was Interviewed By The Ipo Aug 23,'06. This Was His First Time Up. I Prepared Support Letters, Hired Parole Attny, Found Potential Employers Who Wrote Letters On His Behalf And Sent Pictures To The Attny For His Package. His Case Went Before The Palestine Parole Board Mid Oct '06 And He Received A Fi-6r First Time Up. He Will Be Released The 1st Of Oct 2007.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2006, 01:51 PM

I helped my boyfriend's family with his packet. They don't want alot
of facts, they want to know what type of support he will have.
Will he have a job when he comes out. You can have as many people
write a letter of support, just tell them basically what they need to
say. I had one friend who's boyfriend was in the system for drugs.
she wrote he wasn't guilty. That is a no no. They also would like
to hear what programs he did in prison to help him when he comes out.
They don't spend very much time on each inmate. Just show
support and employment, you might mention you will have him
set up with community resources AA etc. Good luck.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:49 AM

HELP ASAP PLZ YALL! Whats the deal with Amarillo voting members? KNOWING my hubs file during his 2 review 10/06 was never opened or considered after doing 12flat on 20 and denied AGAIN has me all fired up. WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE FROM MY SIDE OF THE WALL IN ORDER FOR ATTENTION? We did parole pack, several calls/letters req. interview durin review which I never recieved, not even a letter from the bpp with an excuse...nadda! Basically let me put this way.....TYRONE BROWN of TX has the same exact situation as my husband except he had pot violation at 17 and mine stole shoes violating at 17yrs. The victim came at my man w weapon from behind trees and wasnt held up or robbed.....WE NEED HELP HERE!!!!!!!1
Old 01-25-2007, 11:19 PM
Such is life.

Our experience has been AWFUL!!!!
My husband was on probation for 3 years doing a 7 year term. He was arrested on indictments that occured before he was even put on probation. He was given a 3 year sentence. As of today he has served 2 years. 3 clean years on probation 2 clean years in TDC and they gave him his second 1 year set off on December. This is really 5 years without getting into trouble at all. He has not caught 1 single case. NOT 1!!!!! He has worked the whole time and taken all of the classes they offer. He was too smart for any basic classes so those were all skipped (they tested him). He is in for assault and possesion back in 2000. Started a 3 year sentence 3/2004. He does not deserve the denials he got. He has work waiting for him at home and is used to pulling in good money. He has a home to come to, a wife, and 3 kids that are lacking a huge income from him being there. When I spoke to the board tehy told me really they want to see him do the whole 3 year sentence and that's why he is being denied. His nedxt review date is 2 months before his release date. WTF is there problem? I guess because he's not out to rape kids or kill innocent people they won't let him out on the street. I told them that too and then had to end my conversation becasue they were getting me MAD

Last edited by EricNLynsA; 01-25-2007 at 11:22 PM..
Old 03-14-2007, 06:34 PM

Okay I am new to this and have questions. My husband got 75 years for murder with deadly weapon (which he got messed around) when he was only 17 in 1991. He served 15 years flat (6/06) in which he got a 2 year set off until 8/08. I have been writing support letters since 9/04 and he is the same class as he was when he entered prision. I am getting a parole packet together for him. I know that he is under the 1/4 law yet they have his whole sentence for his projected release date. Please help on what other things I can do to help assist him to come home. Its been a long time.. Anyone who can help is appreciated?
Old 03-15-2007, 01:31 PM

My brother is in Willacy south of the boarder TEXAS and his family is from Houston. (6 hours away)
Question: My understanding is, in order to file Shock it had to be discussed up front in the pled. Does that mean in writting or verbaly between (who??) Atty and Judge??
If it does have to be in writting....were would it be? What Form?
Old 03-15-2007, 05:45 PM

Msg call your abudmans office and ask them for time and calculations number to see why his prd is the same as his max date? I had to do that because they had my hubbys prd the same as his max date from an old case under the old law and they fixed it the same day!

He's so home and what a blessing!

Old 03-15-2007, 08:01 PM

Okay RMD4ever, where do I find the #? He is in the Hughes unit. What do I say? I mean can you tell me what you said so that way I know what to say? I mean I am very new to this and any and all the help I can get would be greatly appreciated. And the reason I want to know what you said is so that I can say what you said and get my husbands changed too. Its been too long. If you don't mind, would you tell me what it went from and then ended up as? Thanks!!!
Old 03-18-2007, 06:00 PM
AWAITING HIS RETURN

Default Made Parole First Time!

Well My Man Has Been Locked Up At Connally Unit For About Six Years. On A Nine Year Sentance. Last Year In April He Came Up For Parole. I Wrote The Parole Board Letters Telling Them How Much I Love And Will Be There For Isaac. I Let Them Know That He Will Have Support When He Gets Out. I Also Requested A Telephone Interview With The Board Member In His District. I Did The Interview, Although The Man Was Rude, It Helped. I Called Them Everyday To Find Out His Status. We Din't Get An Answer From The Parole Board Until October 2006. It Took Them 6 Months To Come To An Conclusion. I Called Them Everyday To Find Out His Status. He Was Approved Parole His First Time Going Up. He Has To Complete A Program Before He Can Be Released. But My Baby Made Parole. He Will Serve 7 Out Of 9 Before He Comes Home. Keep Praying, Write Letters And Contact Whoever You Can. It Is Possible.
MY VERY BEST FRIEND....

I LOVE YOU BABY!!
2007 IS OUR YEAR!

Last edited by mspia1; 03-18-2007 at 06:02 PM..
Old 03-20-2007, 07:53 PM

mspia1, what did the man from parole say on the phone call? What did you say? I am so new at this.. all the help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:25 PM

msg,I sent you a pm with the number.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:56 AM

MSG2004,
I've got a loved one at the Hughes unit and maybe we can share information together, Well you can always message me, I did message you the other day. Well take care! Lindsey
Old 03-26-2007, 03:22 PM

Well, heres something good,NOTT! my husband as some know got a dms.so,he will finish his complete sentence 08,so,I planned out a trip to go down this weekend to visit with him and guess what??? They transferred him out to be released on parole for the 30th of this month!Would be wonderful if that was gonna really happen,so,now I am on hold until they send him either back to where he was or move him on to another unit!Seems someone didn't do their homework.Guess I will be waiting for a visit untill they house him!

Old 03-26-2007, 07:55 PM

RMD... how the hell do things like this happen? What crap. Something has got to give here. Why are the families sitting here with no answers and why would someone be transferred for parole that didnt make it? Sounds like tdcj is not communicating again... but you know that would be way too easy... who knows though maybe you will get lucky and have a home coming soon. Pray for the best
Old 03-27-2007, 05:30 PM

I could only wish! As of right now I am playing the tdcj waiting game to see when they are gonna move him and am praying soon so. I can at least get my weekend visit,everythings on hold at the moment! God bless him both of us have been on a roller coaster ride for the past few months now so.I thought I would lift his spirits up and go see him on his bday! praying it happens now!

Old 03-29-2007, 10:26 PM

rmd... u said it perfectly Rollercoaster is all I can say about the tdcj... seems that we might as well strap in and hunker down for a long bumpy ride when it comes to them... good luck
Old 04-03-2007, 07:57 PM

Just an update, we got our special contact visit at Huntsville and it was awesome and when I got back they have fixed his time,so that is a blessing,now he will be transferred out soon.I found someone who knows how to do their homework,lol!

Old 04-03-2007, 09:47 PM

way to go! congrats
Old 04-07-2007, 07:34 AM
AWAITING HIS RETURN

I Talked To The Board Member From San Antonio. He Was Really Rude. He Just Asked Me What I Wanted To Say. Not All Board Members Are Rude But You Will Always Have At Least One. You Just Tell Them How You Will Support Your Loved One And How You Have Supported Him While He Is Incarcerated. Any Other Questions, Let Me Know.
MY VERY BEST FRIEND....

I LOVE YOU BABY!!
2007 IS OUR YEAR!
Old 04-07-2007, 07:36 AM
AWAITING HIS RETURN

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg2004
mspia1, what did the man from parole say on the phone call? What did you say? I am so new at this.. all the help would be greatly appreciated.

I Talked To The Board Member From San Antonio. He Was Really Rude. He Just Asked Me What I Wanted To Say. Not All Board Members Are Rude But You Will Always Have At Least One. You Just Tell Them How You Will Support Your Loved One And How You Have Supported Him While He Is Incarcerated. Any Other Questions, Let Me Know.
MY VERY BEST FRIEND....

I LOVE YOU BABY!!
2007 IS OUR YEAR!
Old 04-09-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Will parole call you at time of review?

My husband should be interview in the next couple of weeks for parole. I have been sending letters of support as well as putting money in his comissary account every month and visiting every month. Will they call me do you know or do I need to state that in a letter? I am new to this and it is tearing me apart.

Thanks
Old 04-20-2007, 08:28 PM
AWAITING HIS RETURN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCheryl
My husband should be interview in the next couple of weeks for parole. I have been sending letters of support as well as putting money in his comissary account every month and visiting every month. Will they call me do you know or do I need to state that in a letter? I am new to this and it is tearing me apart.

Thanks
I wrote support letters for my husband but also wrote a letter requesting a telephone interview. I think you can also call the board in his district and request the phone interview with the board member. If the request is approved then they will set up a date for the interview. If you have any other questions send me a pm.
MY VERY BEST FRIEND....

I LOVE YOU BABY!!
2007 IS OUR YEAR!
Old 04-24-2007, 10:58 AM
Waiting on Michael

I have a question, I am letting my ex-husband-friend parole to my home, He is in the Bradshaw Unit, I called yesterday to see where to send the Parole packet, they put me on with the parole office and she told me he was coming up in November but to go ahead and send this one to Austin and to make sure I send one to Palestine at least by July because they were interviewing inmates 3-4 months early. Can someone please tell me what all of this means. I also asked her if he was going to be moved in September because his 2 years would be up and she said she did not know because he should know if he is going to be paroled by then, I am so confused...Stephanie
Thank you for your support...
Old 04-24-2007, 12:59 PM

When he sees parole, the unit he is in is under the Palestine Parole Board.So you would want to send the Parole packet to them and one to Austin. Hope this helps, feel free to p.m me if you need anymore help..
Old 05-04-2007, 12:50 PM

I just sent letters to the austin parole board and not angleton. I didn't know I was supposed to send it to both. OMG what am I going to do. Shouldn't the letters that I wrote be in the file that the angleton board will see????