Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 01-04-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Temporary Status Assignment

My son was transferred the week before Christmas to the Bridgeport unit. He isn't 'assigned' there and he isn't in 'transit' either. I can't get an answer as to what 'temporary' means or why he was moved. He was at the Roach unit for a little over a year. His next parole review date isn't until 9/1/05. Does 'temporary' mean anything? I do know that Bridgeport is a pre-relase unit, but that he can be there up to two years.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Account Closed

Hi Jan and welcome to PTO. I would not want to say for certain but perhaps he has been transferred to Bridgeport for a pre release class. If he is within two years of his MRD this is a possibility.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:43 PM

Thanks! His MRD is 4/07. He did complete a CI class at Roach. I understand that there is another class, Changes, that the PB is high on. I will call the Bridgeport unit tomorrow and see if they offer that class and if he will be enrolled in it.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:02 PM
Account Closed

Bridgeport does offer pre release classes but the TDCJ website is not specific. If the class is offered you can find out by calling the unit, and it should also be posted on the bulletin board at the unit. He will need to I-60 to get into the class. Should he be able to get in and more importantly finish the program this is something the board does look favorably upon. Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 01-05-2005, 04:14 PM

My Honey too just got transferred to Bridgeport. I called time and classifications at first they told me it was tempory then they checked with somebody elese and told me it was permanent he got a serve all the last time he come up for parolee and his projected release date is 5/8 2006 Huntsville says it's a pre release but my honey says it is a just a private prison, he had been at the Jordon unit for over four years was really invloved in the craft shop, so we were hoping they wouldn't move him when he got the serve all I called and talked to they guy that does the pre release and he says they can be moved to a pre relase up to three years before their release date. Don't know if this helps, he did tell me at last visit that the last six months he is there he can take some kind of pre release class.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:15 PM

how does he like it there.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:56 PM

I did call the unit today, and the 'temporary' status has been changed to assigned. I will have him check on the classes. When I first visited him he had only been there a couple of days, I am waiting on a letter or the next visit to get an update. His friend visited him and for the first time they were able to have a contact visit, so he liked that. And he did make the comment that the COs at Bridgeport treated them better there. But he was in school and just got moved to another bldg that he liked better at the Roach unit. So we will just have to wait and see. The unit is both a private and pre-relase facility.