Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) in Coalinga, California.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:19 PM

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default PVSP Marriage/Wedding Q&A

Questions & Info for getting married - Please POST HERE
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2013, 10:18 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,278 Times in 790 Posts
Default Current Info

Has anybody gotten married in the last 6 months here at PV? All the Q & A's are so old!. Is there anything current?
Old 01-02-2013, 10:41 AM
His official girl.

He sent me the packet, so we are in process.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraboverubies View Post
He sent me the packet, so we are in process.

Congratulations !!!. It will be a fine 2013 for you and your loved one.

When is the big day ?
faraboverubies (01-02-2013)
Old 01-18-2013, 01:31 PM
His... Always in All Ways

Default I got married 1-12-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica27 View Post
Has anybody gotten married in the last 6 months here at PV? All the Q & A's are so old!. Is there anything current?
I got married last week at PVSP and would be happy to answer any questions you may have!
Old 01-19-2013, 02:59 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsgirl12 View Post
I got married last week at PVSP and would be happy to answer any questions you may have!
Congratulations Godsgirl to you and your husband .

I have couple of questions....

What was the time frame you waited once all the paper work had been submitted for a date? Who performed the ceremony? did you find someone or did they provide the Chaplin? does PV, have a marriage coordinator? what was the total cost you spent with license, fees, and minister?
I heard you can have 10 approved visitors but PV only allows 5 ? Thank you in advance for your responses.

Once again congratulations on your wedding .
Old 01-20-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Congratulations Godsgirl to you and your husband .

I have couple of questions....

What was the time frame you waited once all the paper work had been submitted for a date? Who performed the ceremony? did you find someone or did they provide the Chaplin? does PV, have a marriage coordinator? what was the total cost you spent with license, fees, and minister?
I heard you can have 10 approved visitors but PV only allows 5 ? Thank you in advance for your responses.

Once again congratulations on your wedding .
Hi Nica, the time frame for us was not good. We had lots of problems with his councilor. So I don't think you could go by that. He submitted all the paper work in Oct and we didn't get married until Jan... That was abnormal...
The prison provides the minister and you pay him$100, it was a total of $183, for license, certificate and minister. I wanted to bring someone to do the ceremony, but it's not an option. Sara Smith is the marriage coordinator and she's awesome!! Her ext is 7801... She's very helpful and very nice!! Walked me through the whole thing, even listened to me throw fits about our councilor... Haha!
Yes you can have 10 approved visitors the form only has room for 5, you just write on the back or another sheet of paper. He can have 2 guys from in there come as well! We did it in visiting on the patio... It was very nice. The weddings are usually the 1st or 3rd Sat of the month. Sara will sort of work with you if the minister is available, however there still only on Sat.
I'm trying to think of all my questions, haha I know I had a ton too!
Feel free to ask me anything else you can think of...
The Following User Says Thank You to Godsgirl12 For This Useful Post:
Raymondz.wife84 (12-14-2016)
Old 01-20-2013, 04:46 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Hi Nica, the time frame for us was not good. We had lots of problems with his councilor. So I don't think you could go by that. He submitted all the paper work in Oct and we didn't get married until Jan... That was abnormal...
The prison provides the minister and you pay him$100, it was a total of $183, for license, certificate and minister. I wanted to bring someone to do the ceremony, but it's not an option. Sara Smith is the marriage coordinator and she's awesome!! Her ext is 7801... She's very helpful and very nice!! Walked me through the whole thing, even listened to me throw fits about our councilor... Haha!
Yes you can have 10 approved visitors the form only has room for 5, you just write on the back or another sheet of paper. He can have 2 guys from in there come as well! We did it in visiting on the patio... It was very nice. The weddings are usually the 1st or 3rd Sat of the month. Sara will sort of work with you if the minister is available, however there still only on Sat.
I'm trying to think of all my questions, haha I know I had a ton too!
Feel free to ask me anything else you can think of...
Thank you Godsgirl for the FYI . Although you say it was somewhat bumpy, sounds like it was relatively fast about 90+ days. Patio wedding sounds nice. Did they let the porter come out and take pictures? Is there a limit as to how many? Did your wedding happen as soon as you got into the visiting room in the am? or do you have a choice? I'm glad to hear there is a coordinator, and she is helpful too. I have so many ?'s ...lol

Last edited by Nica; 01-20-2013 at 04:47 PM..
Old 01-28-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Thank you Godsgirl for the FYI . Although you say it was somewhat bumpy, sounds like it was relatively fast about 90+ days. Patio wedding sounds nice. Did they let the porter come out and take pictures? Is there a limit as to how many? Did your wedding happen as soon as you got into the visiting room in the am? or do you have a choice? I'm glad to hear there is a coordinator, and she is helpful too. I have so many ?'s ...lol
Nica, no one came out with us except the minister, pictures are only allowed in the same spot as always... They didn't say there was a limit on pics. But when there in the same spot, I wasn't super into taking a bunch... The wedding was before 10, I can't remember what time exactly, but it was sooner than I thought it would because I knew he had several to do that day. You don't have a choice as to what time :-(
And yes. Sara is very helpful....
Ask as many questions as you want, I had a ton, I'll answer what I can :-)
Old 01-28-2013, 09:15 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Nica, no one came out with us except the minister, pictures are only allowed in the same spot as always... They didn't say there was a limit on pics. But when there in the same spot, I wasn't super into taking a bunch... The wedding was before 10, I can't remember what time exactly, but it was sooner than I thought it would because I knew he had several to do that day. You don't have a choice as to what time :-(
And yes. Sara is very helpful....
Ask as many questions as you want, I had a ton, I'll answer what I can :-)

I was hoping patio pics could be done. The morning is good, you have the rest of the afternoon to lax and not stress. Did the minister give you the option to say some words if you chose to? was your ceremony done fast? 15 min or less would you say?

Thank you again for your help .
Old 03-25-2013, 01:47 PM

My fiancé turned in our notarized paperwork to his councilor about two weeks ago now. What is the next step? Do we wait for someone to call me or should we go ahead and start calling around to get a date set?
Old 04-16-2013, 08:37 PM
Donation Award 

Okay, so i mailed in the paperwork to my baby's counselor 4 weeks and 5 days ago.
He has had it for about 4 weeks. My baby has been bugging him for 4 weeks, and his counselor told him that because his annual was in April, he would pull his file and look at both at the same time.

So this week he got notice that his counselor requested to see him for prep for the annual, and to go over the marriage paperwork.

Well, today he was told its all postponed until next week.

Well, patients is a virtue!

HE>I
Old 04-16-2013, 10:20 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylonglostlove View Post
Okay, so i mailed in the paperwork to my baby's counselor 4 weeks and 5 days ago.
He has had it for about 4 weeks. My baby has been bugging him for 4 weeks, and his counselor told him that because his annual was in April, he would pull his file and look at both at the same time.

So this week he got notice that his counselor requested to see him for prep for the annual, and to go over the marriage paperwork.

Well, today he was told its all postponed until next week.

Well, patients is a virtue!

I've never heard of that, review the marriage packet at the same time as his annual . Yes, just breath I say!.. Did your LO ask his counselor what the postponement? was .

Yes.....all you can do is be patient, and just hope that his counselor doesn't drag it. Keep us posted with the steps.

Congratulations Chica! on your upcoming nuptials.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:27 PM
Donation Award 

Thanks Nica.

He said that it had to do with several inmates going from level 4 to level 3, and that took precedence over his annual, and our paperwork IDK

Well, we have noting but time, right?

HE>I
Old 04-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Donation Award 

Maybe it doesn't help that my baby is bugging him every time he sees him?

HE>I
Old 04-17-2013, 07:17 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylonglostlove View Post
Thanks Nica.

He said that it had to do with several inmates going from level 4 to level 3, and that took precedence over his annual, and our paperwork IDK

Well, we have noting but time, right?
That sounds legit. My baby did mention there are many transfers coming in whose level has changed. Yes, time is on your side. It will happen, before you know it.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:48 PM

Just got married on the 13th! Yay! So- if anyone has questions about the process, etc. you can ask me.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:00 PM
I will always love him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggisgirl View Post
Just got married on the 13th! Yay! So- if anyone has questions about the process, etc. you can ask me.
CONGRATULATIONS! I wish you many years of happiness!
The Following User Says Thank You to Shereez For This Useful Post:
reggisgirl (04-20-2013)
Old 04-19-2013, 06:16 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Congratulations, blessings to you and your husband .
reggisgirl (04-20-2013)
Old 04-20-2013, 10:53 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

I have a question, Reggisgirl. How long was the process between submitting the paperwork to the CC1 and getting a date from the marriage coordinator? Thanks Chica for your response in advance .
Old 04-20-2013, 12:07 PM

As a matter of fact...it only took about 2 or 3 weeks tops. My husband submitted his notarized paperwork to his counselor, and then in about a week or two he had forwarded it to Mrs. Smith.....and then I called Mrs. Smith once I knew she had it and within two phone calls....two days, actually....she had given me a date! I had asked for the soonest available which turned out to be within a week from when I had talked to her. So....from the time my husband gave the packet to his counselor to the day we actually got married was no more than a month....and even that I would say is stretching it. Haha Hope this helps!
Old 04-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
As a matter of fact...it only took about 2 or 3 weeks tops. My husband submitted his notarized paperwork to his counselor, and then in about a week or two he had forwarded it to Mrs. Smith.....and then I called Mrs. Smith once I knew she had it and within two phone calls....two days, actually....she had given me a date! I had asked for the soonest available which turned out to be within a week from when I had talked to her. So....from the time my husband gave the packet to his counselor to the day we actually got married was no more than a month....and even that I would say is stretching it. Haha Hope this helps!

Wow, thats pretty quick. I truly thought the process was about 2-3 months. How about your outfit? did you have any issues getting through? did you wear a white or cream top? or did you get a dress? any tips would help? This info helps a lot .

Liking the new profile picture Reggisgirl........very classic!
Old 04-20-2013, 03:54 PM

Yeah...the WHOLE process (from me first receiving the packet, getting it notarized, mailing it back, him getting it notarized, turning the packet into his counselor, his counselor forwarding it to Mrs. Smith, and getting a date) took about 3 or 4 months...but one of the reasons for it taking even that long was the notary there at the prison- it took that lady almost 3 months (!!!!) to get to him to notarize his paperwork! I know, right?! You can bet I wrote an email to the Ombudsman about that! That's just ridiculous. But yeah, the time it took from him getting his notarized paperwork to his counselor and his counselor forwarding it to Mrs. Smith only took between a week and a half to three weeks tops. No issues getting through with what I was wearing. I wore a cream/pink/red top with a real light cream color sweater over top, and black pants.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:58 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Yeah...the WHOLE process (from me first receiving the packet, getting it notarized, mailing it back, him getting it notarized, turning the packet into his counselor, his counselor forwarding it to Mrs. Smith, and getting a date) took about 3 or 4 months...but one of the reasons for it taking even that long was the notary there at the prison- it took that lady almost 3 months (!!!!) to get to him to notarize his paperwork! I know, right?! You can bet I wrote an email to the Ombudsman about that! That's just ridiculous. But yeah, the time it took from him getting his notarized paperwork to his counselor and his counselor forwarding it to Mrs. Smith only took between a week and a half to three weeks tops. No issues getting through with what I was wearing. I wore a cream/pink/red top with a real light cream color sweater over top, and black pants.
Yea, that is long for a notarization. I'm glad you told the Ombudsman. Thank you Reggisgirl for all the tips. I appreciate your responses. I'm sure I will have more questions down the road, for now gracias Chica
Old 05-19-2013, 08:29 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Mylonglostlove, are you still waiting on a date Chica? has your paperwork been signed off yet?
mcalvillo (09-26-2013)