Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) in Coalinga, California.

Old 03-03-2006, 12:38 AM
Administrator Emeritus
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,106 Times in 219 Posts
Default Welcome to Pleasant Valley State Prison

Welcome to your new forum, now let's fill it up. Love Barb

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2006, 12:43 AM
Administrator Emeritus
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,106 Times in 219 Posts

Please someone start an intro thread. Love Barb
Old 03-03-2006, 02:29 AM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

Woooo-hoooo!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Barb!

Well my best ol' buddy has been at PV for a little over a year now. I have visited a lot and even know the Ad Seg routine so if any 1 has any questions, I probably have been there, done that... if not, I know others will come along with more knowledge than me.

I have to say PV has been the best place for him (and me) since he started his bid. My lifer just started college courses, so I know about that too.

I'm visiting this Saturday after a month off, can't wait !!

Let's give 'em something to talk about!

Old 03-03-2006, 04:25 PM
same woman/different name

Alright, our own forum. HOW NICE!!!
Old 03-04-2006, 01:41 AM

hello people... i am really going through it here.. does anyone know anything about pleasant valley. ive heard way too much from way too many people about how bad it is.. am i worrying to much here? or will he be ok.. just curious.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:12 AM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

Lola, welcome to PTO!

I don't know what you've heard Lola, but to him (and me) it is the best place he's been by FAR... of course a prison is still a prison but it has one of the better reputations as far as I know.

I'm sure a lot depends on which yard and level and who he affilates with etc too. but so far for us it feels a little safer and calmer than other places.

Old 03-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Donation Award 

Hello Everyone

My husband just transferred to PVSP. I have got to say that the visiting there is WONDERFUL!!! It's sad to say ( LOL) We're in heaven now! LOL

KellyA.

Old 03-04-2006, 07:43 PM

yeah, you know i think i am alittle scared about who he is associating with, thats all.. i dont know im just worried anyhow.. i know about the bad prisons and all and know from my brother what prison is probably the worst. i just got a letter yesterday and im sitting here reading between the lines on everything.. i was doing it to myself.. oh and by the way.. do you know how the phones work.. can he call if hes in the hole? thanks for your responses, they are appreciated.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:43 PM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

Hi Lola, unfortunately they can't call from the hole... if you're approved for visiting, though, you should be able to make an appointment for a 1-hour visit behind glass.

I know what you mean, prison is prison...

Old 03-08-2006, 08:36 PM

Hi Lola,

Welcome to PTO

I hope you find answers to all of your questions here...My bf has been in Pleasant Valley for a little over two years now, I think that I'm an old pro now when it comes to PVSP! lol

He likes it there, he actually says that Calipatria is the best prison he's been at, he's been down for 16 years, so he's been at quite a few prisons, but it all depends and all guys think differently.

Rebeca

Old 03-09-2006, 06:15 AM

im not approved yet.. i just sent the form.. well see, he says i can go to see him if i make an appoinment but im wondering if i wait will he be in the hole for a long time and do i have to get approved for behind the glass visits? and thanks for the welcome..
Old 03-11-2006, 03:49 PM

Wow. I haven't been here in months and now there is a special spot just for PVSP YEY!! Does anyone know anything about how to get married to someone in this prison? I mean Ventura Co court clerk says you MUSt both be present to get license. My man wants to marry me now. how to make it happen?? Thanks. Sue
Old 03-11-2006, 11:53 PM

Hi,

Yes, you do have to be approved to have a behind the glass visit. Once you get approved you can call to make an appointment, it's best to make it at least two weeks ahead.

I don't know for how long he will be in the hole, he could get out quick or he can be there for quite a while, they will tell him that when he goes to commitee, unless he already went.

Rebeca

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola222
im not approved yet.. i just sent the form.. well see, he says i can go to see him if i make an appoinment but im wondering if i wait will he be in the hole for a long time and do i have to get approved for behind the glass visits? and thanks for the welcome..

Old 03-20-2006, 09:31 PM

Hi everyone... Joey has been in PVSP for almost three years now... He came down with Valley Fever and told me to not visit in the summer because that's when it is dusty and that's where the Fever comes from the dirt... He is better now after getting medication... I worry about him but he says he's doing fine... He's got 10 more years to go... Patty AKA JoeysMom
Old 03-20-2006, 11:49 PM

Hi Patty,

Welcome to the PVSP forum, sorry about your son getting valley fever. My boyfriend had it too, he was taking the medication but it was making him feel even worse, so he stopped talking it. And know he feels fantastic. Valley fever is a year round thing, but your son is right, it does go in to high gear in the summer.

Rebeca

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeysMom
Hi everyone... Joey has been in PVSP for almost three years now... He came down with Valley Fever and told me to not visit in the summer because that's when it is dusty and that's where the Fever comes from the dirt... He is better now after getting medication... I worry about him but he says he's doing fine... He's got 10 more years to go... Patty AKA JoeysMom

Old 03-22-2006, 02:52 AM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

HI Joeysmom!

My guy also got real sick soon after he arrived at PV... we later figured out it was probably Valley Fever. I'm hoping once they get it they build up some antibodies to it for a while. He's fine now.

ps. Lucky, I didn't realize his parole hearing is so soon! Best of luck!!!

Old 03-22-2006, 05:31 AM

Hey Qwerty,

Thank you so much for the warm wishes on his parole hearing! This will be his second time going to the board, so hopefully he will go home soon, he deserves it after 17 years in that place.

I Heard that after they get valley fever they are immune to it, because they have the dead virus in their body, kind of like a vaccination I guess, but that's great that your guy is doing well and in the best of health.

Rebeca

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
HI Joeysmom!

My guy also got real sick soon after he arrived at PV... we later figured out it was probably Valley Fever. I'm hoping once they get it they build up some antibodies to it for a while. He's fine now.

ps. Lucky, I didn't realize his parole hearing is so soon! Best of luck!!!

Old 04-10-2006, 11:02 AM

My boyfriend has committee this month and we are trying to figure out what prison he should request to be transfered to, either PVS or Corcoran. We both have heard good things about both. He is on a SNY and heard that both places have good programming for this yard. Any comments?

How is visiting at PVP? Are their terminations? Do they get visits when they are on lockdown? Is the visiting room pretty relaxed but clean or is it uptight and nasty? Do you have to make an appointment for a contact visit?

We currently have really good visits but he's always on lockdown. We hope for something that will give him more time out of the cell but won't be a hassle for visits. PVP would be much closer to me and less coastly.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 04-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

Hi Jam,

Visiting at PV is nice. I have never seen a termination, and the SNYs do sometimes get visits anyway even on lockdown. The atmosphere is very relaxed in my experience and it's fairly clean. You don't need an appointment for a contact visits, but you'll get inside much earlier if you have one.

Also there's lots of great info all about PV in another thread at the top of this forum.

Old 04-10-2006, 10:37 PM
Donation Award 

The visiting is really cool and I never heard of anyone being terminated, atleast while I have been there. I just blew off wasting my time trying to get an appointment to visit and I just get in the car line @ 7:00-7:30am. Also, the visiting room is clean and so are the bathrooms.

KellyA.

Old 04-14-2006, 01:19 AM

Default Ad Seg as PVSP

Hi Qwerty,

would like to hear what you know about Ad Seg. Thanks so much.

SL
Old 04-15-2006, 01:04 PM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

hi SantaLucia,

Do you mean as far as conditions for them or visiting? For visiting, you get a one hour appointment behind glass (assuming you have already been approved to visit him). It's in the same visiting room as everyone else, you're just off in a corner talking on a phone to him.

You can call 559 935 4900 ext 5708 for ad seg appointments.

As far as conditions, I guess they're same as ad seg anywhere. They're usually two to a cell. He's always survived it with lots of reading and writing letters.

Old 04-20-2006, 08:05 PM
I can't let him go...

Hello Ladies! Im quite new to PTO, but I find it so helpful!! My bf is being transferred to Pleasant Valley somtime this week from Calipatria ( It sucks there!) I am really excited to hear a lot of good things about PV. Visiting especially. My man is in maximum security, so do we still get contact visits? I hope so... I haven't been able to touch him in over 4 years. I can't wait!!! What other info do you ladies have about this prison? Do they offer college courses? What can he do to stay busy in there? He was in the hole at Calipatria and couldn't do anything. Well I hope to hear from you girls soon. Thanks!!

Benji's Girl
Old 04-22-2006, 12:23 PM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

Hey Benji's! Welcome!

Four years, I can't believe it! Level 4s do get contact visits as long as they're not in the hole, so I sure hope you get them .

The prison doesn't "offer" college course, but works together with Coastline Community College's Incarcerated Student Program, so he can take correspondence courses from them.

Here's the number for the college: (714) 241-6315. All it cost us was the textbooks, not cheap but still a great deal.

It took almost a year, but now my friend had been able to program there and take some classes in the prison too, stuff like anger management, how to stay close to their kids, etc.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:19 PM

Unhappy Pvsp adseg

I'm new to this my man just got transferred to the hole does anyone know how long it typically takes to receive mail from him?? It's been two weeks
The Following User Says Thank You to Hisqueen714 For This Useful Post:
trueblue310 (09-02-2018)