Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) in Coalinga, California.

Old 09-24-2014, 04:57 PM

When my son was transferred to Donovan his CD was taken away they said that he could not have it. I assume that it went to R&R, now that he has been transferred to two other prisons since then; where is it?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2015, 11:36 PM

Unhappy can inmates in the substance abuse area get packages

I am so confussed on what to do on sending special and qt packages. I went on the Access Securepak site and it ask for gen pop a or b but I think they are sending my son to the substance abuse prog and I am not sure what that means as for packages?
He is really upset after being in rec for 6 mos then getting at pv waiting 3weeks he got out today to call and said they might be putting him in the sb part? what number housing is that? Then they told his test came back with no valley fever so they may send him somewhere else. He really wants his packages in case he has to be back in rec again. I don't know what to do now.
Old 01-22-2015, 08:27 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,279 Times in 791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRobsMom View Post
I am so confussed on what to do on sending special and qt packages. I went on the Access Securepak site and it ask for gen pop a or b but I think they are sending my son to the substance abuse prog and I am not sure what that means as for packages?
He is really upset after being in rec for 6 mos then getting at pv waiting 3weeks he got out today to call and said they might be putting him in the sb part? what number housing is that? Then they told his test came back with no valley fever so they may send him somewhere else. He really wants his packages in case he has to be back in rec again. I don't know what to do now.
Hi, what you need to do is call records to verify his housing, before ordering his quarterly package.

(559) 935-4900~~~~~records ext. 5582

When ordering his package with Access, if he is part of the substance abuse program, he will get the package if you select population A/B.

I would order his package ASAP!

If he tested negative...they will begin transferring inmates in 60 days.... If you order the package online he should get it relatively quick

Good luck and I hope I was able to assist you. God Bless.
ImRobsMom (01-22-2015)
Old 01-22-2015, 10:52 PM

Thumbs up thanks Nica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica View Post
Hi, what you need to do is call records to verify his housing, before ordering his quarterly package.

(559) 935-4900~~~~~records ext. 5582

When ordering his package with Access, if he is part of the substance abuse program, he will get the package if you select population A/B.

I would order his package ASAP!

If he tested negative...they will begin transferring inmates in 60 days.... If you order the package online he should get it relatively quick

Good luck and I hope I was able to assist you. God Bless.
Once again thank you Nica and yes this helps me a bunch just hope I get it all done before. I wont have money until the 29 so I hope it makes it
Old 01-24-2015, 12:09 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Once again thank you Nica and yes this helps me a bunch just hope I get it all done before. I wont have money until the 29 so I hope it makes it

Your welcome...

Last edited by Nica; 01-24-2015 at 12:12 AM..
Old 01-24-2015, 12:11 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:

Your welcome....

Good vibes to getting his package ordered before he transfers 🙏.

Good luck, I bet it'll work out
ImRobsMom (01-28-2015)
Old 03-10-2015, 12:42 AM

Wink

Just to let you know my son did get his boxes and he says they are shipping out some guys and he might be one to go... seeing how he tested neg for VF. He is a level 3 so he don't know where he will go maybe out of state? I sure hope not have not even got to see him yet because of mix up on the visiting form. Well I have faith and pray it will all work out in the long run.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:53 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Just to let you know my son did get his boxes and he says they are shipping out some guys and he might be one to go... seeing how he tested neg for VF. He is a level 3 so he don't know where he will go maybe out of state? I sure hope not have not even got to see him yet because of mix up on the visiting form. Well I have faith and pray it will all work out in the long run.
That's great ^^^^^
ImRobsMom (04-05-2015)
Old 06-01-2015, 10:56 AM

Do I contact R and R to get a package returned?
Old 06-03-2015, 02:42 PM

Default sending photos to inmates question

hey guys, i was wondering if anybody tried photo sending service called VIPbirdie. I want to try them since can just text my photos and they print and mail them. Other services make me login and do all kinds of stuff. With this service i just text message my photos and done. Seems easier.

Anybody use them before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by traviesita View Post
Please use this thread for any & all questions regarding quarterly packages, sending $, Magazines, Books....etc!
Old 06-30-2015, 11:30 AM
Till Death Do Us Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyj88 View Post
hey guys, I was wondering if anybody tried photo sending service called VIPbirdie. I want to try them since can just text my photos and they print and mail them. Other services make me login and do all kinds of stuff. With this service, i just text message my photos and done. Seems easier.

Anybody use them before?
I've used an app called "free prints" by photo affections. they give you, I believe, 80 free prints, you just pay for shipping and handling. I used them while he was in reception in north kern, I would send packs of 15 pics and he would get them between 2-3 weeks. I'm not sure if they will allow them at PV. I haven't tried to send him any yet since he just got there this past weekend.
I've also used the app postagram to send him a personalized postcard, with a pic collage, he gets does within 3-4 day. I can do this all thru my phone, so its very convenient.
hope this helps.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:01 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRomeroFlores View Post
I've used an app called "free prints" by photo affections. they give you, I believe, 80 free prints, you just pay for shipping and handling. I used them while he was in reception in north kern, I would send packs of 15 pics and he would get them between 2-3 weeks. I'm not sure if they will allow them at PV. I haven't tried to send him any yet since he just got there this past weekend.
I've also used the app postagram to send him a personalized postcard, with a pic collage, he gets does within 3-4 day. I can do this all thru my phone, so its very convenient.
hope this helps.

I've used FlikShop to send my Baby pictures from my I-Phone. He gets them fast. I love this app it's quick, easy as well as addicting ....
MrsRomeroFlores (07-02-2015)
Old 07-02-2015, 12:48 AM
Till Death Do Us Part

Quote:
I've used FlikShop to send my Baby pictures from my I-Phone. He gets them fast. I love this app it's quick, easy as well as addicting ....
yeah those postcards get there fast, the only thing I dislike is the small amount of room we have to write, when we were in reception and I had more to tell him and needed it to get to him asap. I would take a picture of what I wrote and place it on the picture spot. I printed out my own postcards the other day, I hope they get thru. I read somewhere that no homemade postcards are allowed. so we'll see if it gets thru.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:10 PM
Till Death Do Us Part

Default my first order.....

hi, girls, I just got my husband order form, for his 3rd quarter and his special purchase order form. It's been filled out in his part, he even added up the total and weight, the only thing blank is the "from" section. my question is, if I want to pay with a money order how would I go about doing that? do I send them separately or can I send both orders in one envelope. do I write his name and cdc# on the MO? and where do I send it to? we are ordering from union supply direct. the only address I see is the p.o box 9018 in rancho Dominguez. any help would be very appreciated. thank you, it's my first time and I'm a Lil confused.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:55 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRomeroFlores View Post
hi, girls, I just got my husband order form, for his 3rd quarter and his special purchase order form. It's been filled out in his part, he even added up the total and weight, the only thing blank is the "from" section. my question is, if I want to pay with a money order how would I go about doing that? do I send them separately or can I send both orders in one envelope. do I write his name and cdc# on the MO? and where do I send it to? we are ordering from union supply direct. the only address I see is the p.o box 9018 in rancho Dominguez. any help would be very appreciated. thank you, it's my first time and I'm a Lil confused.

Yes, you can send a money order.
On the memo section of the MO, put his CDC# and name. The "from" part is your information. I'm assuming he sent you a separate order form for the "special purchase". You can mail everything in ONE envelope..the "from" part on the MO, is YOU. You are the one who is purchasing the MO. Otherwise if it is returned by the vendor how will you get a refund. The refund cannot be cashed by him in prison.

You can mail the order form along with the money orders to the PO Box in Rancho Dominguez.

Good luck, and I hope it works out
MrsRomeroFlores (07-03-2015)
Old 07-16-2015, 07:38 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Lightbulb Tablet

Hi Chicas.....

I'd like to know who on "C" yard has ordered the U-TAB7 Media Device through Union Supply?. It looks interesting.

If so what are the pro/cons.....
Old 07-16-2015, 08:56 PM

Hello can anyone tell me how many phone calls can an inmate make a day. In florence cca.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:18 AM

Hi just wanted to double check if we are allowed to send our loved ones a shutterfly ? Has anyone sent one before I'm putting together a photo album for my hubby and I know it can only be soft back but just wanted to see if anyone has sent one before !?
Old 09-08-2015, 09:44 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamswiffey View Post
Hi just wanted to double check if we are allowed to send our loved ones a shutterfly ? Has anyone sent one before I'm putting together a photo album for my hubby and I know it can only be soft back but just wanted to see if anyone has sent one before !?
I was wondering the same thing?.

There was a girl on here awhile back said she was going to send one, and come back on PTO, to let us know if it went thru or not. Well she never did ....

So if you do, ADAMSWIFFEY, let me know if it was a go .

Good luck...
Old 09-09-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
I was wondering the same thing?.

There was a girl on here awhile back said she was going to send one, and come back on PTO, to let us know if it went thru or not. Well she never did ....

So if you do, ADAMSWIFFEY, let me know if it was a go .

Good luck...
Thank you I will lol my hubby said he double checked with some C/O's to see if it was possible and he said as long as it's soft back it will be fine!
Old 08-22-2017, 08:49 PM
~Imperfection Is Beauty~

Default Money Through Walkenhorts

Good Evening I'm currently lost lol This is my first time using Walkenhorts to send my loved one money on his books. I looked on line and couldn't find anything that would point me to online access therefore my question is.. What options do they have in order to add funds and do they also have a fee.. Thank you
Old 08-23-2017, 08:12 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrndz82 View Post
Good Evening I'm currently lost lol This is my first time using Walkenhorts to send my loved one money on his books. I looked on line and couldn't find anything that would point me to online access therefore my question is.. What options do they have in order to add funds and do they also have a fee.. Thank you

Hey Chica.....

Walkenhorst doesn't have that service at all...

Access Corrections does 👍🏻. I used them in the past.

https://www.accesscorrections.com/?g...tufgodKZgISg#/

I personally prefer J-Pay.

Access Securepak is NOW offering the service of sending money to our love ones besides the quarterly package.
mhrndz82 (08-23-2017)
Old 08-27-2017, 04:20 AM

I probably shouldn't be confusing the issue, but I do know that you can put money on a prisoner's Walkenhorst account so that they can spend it via Walkenhorst. I don't know exactly how the spending works, but I have put money on various prisoners' Walkenhorst accounts. After you log onto the Walkenhorst website and specify the prison, privilege group, and package type, you click the "continue" button on the next screen, then on the following screen you'll see in the center of the page: "Prepaid Customer Accounts" "Click here to open or add funds to a prepaid account." All you need after that is the prisoner's info, how much you want to spend, and your payment info. It goes in five-dollar increments, so for instance, if you want to spend twenty dollars, you would specify the "quantity" to be "4" (because $5 times 4 equals $20). This is, of course, not the same thing as putting money on a prisoner's trust account, or "books" as they say. I only related the above info in case someone specifically asked you to put money on Walkenhorst for them -that's how you do it.

As far as putting money on trust accounts, I personally prefer MoneyGrams at any Walmart. You go to the customer service desk and tell them you want to do a MoneyGram "bill pay." You then need to specify that the "receive code" is "6141" which tells their system that it's going to CDCR. You have to show ID; they won't allow you to do it anonymously. I find this method to be the quickest, cheapest, and most reliable. The money will almost immediately be available to the prisoner, and it only costs $5.95 per transaction.

Hope this helps, or at least didn't cause any confusion.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Angela_Christie For This Useful Post:
cujo0626 (08-31-2017), mhrndz82 (09-01-2017), sidewalker (08-27-2017)
Old 10-04-2017, 10:24 PM

Default R&r phone number

My uncle was in pleasant valley and from there went to mental crisis in stockson, but now he is in valley state prison. His property was lost and I was wondering the number of R&R or any ideas what can i do? Thank you
Old 10-05-2017, 12:24 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by smimi View Post
My uncle was in pleasant valley and from there went to mental crisis in stockson, but now he is in valley state prison. His property was lost and I was wondering the number of R&R or any ideas what can i do? Thank you

Hi 👋

Id start with R & R..

Ask to speak to the Lieutenant.

Ext. 5042

God Bless and I hope you find his belongings soon.