Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison & Jail Specific Discussions > Michigan Region II Prisons and Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Region II Prisons and Camps Topics & discussion specific to these facilities: Bellamy Creek CF, Boyer Road CF, Camp Branch, Carson City CF, Deerfield CF, Earnest C Brooks CF, Florence Crane CF, Ionia CF, Lakeland CF, Michigan Reformatory, Mid-Michigan CF, Muskegon CF, Pine River CF, Richard A Handlon CF, Riverside CF, St Louis CF, West Shoreline CF

Old 07-17-2012, 12:13 PM

Default Central MI Corr. Facility (STF) info?

My son was just transferred to STF from Handlon. Anyone have any info on it? I guess it's called Central MI (sounds like a college) Level I. Do I need to fill out a new visitor app? How is visiting? Do they have AOP class?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookiedoo2 View Post
My son was just transferred to STF from Handlon. Anyone have any info on it? I guess it's called Central MI (sounds like a college) Level I. Do I need to fill out a new visitor app? How is visiting? Do they have AOP class?
my son has been there for a couple years now and he says its better than the thumb; much calmer. im not sure all the classes they offer there but they do have a few. you can look up the classes on the main sight at michigan.gov/corrections. also not sure if you have to fill out a new visitor app but i think you might have to for each time they move. i do know he will have to fill out a new visitor and phone list. as for for visiting, the co's are pretty laid back. just walk up to the desk and they will walk you through it all. they have a few vending machines in the lobby and if you want pictures get the tickets before you go to the visiting room; theyre in the vending machine in the lobby. the wait is right around 30 minutes to an hour depending on if they shower so you might want to bring a book. once in the visiting room you can hug and kiss and then just find a seat anywhere. yes you may hold hands and put your arms around each others shoulders. the one wall is all vending machines along with a microwave and a water fountain that you can refill a pop/water bottle at. they do allow the guys to get their own food and drinks now. they have cards and games. they like you to keep your table clean. to get around the bathroom break (if co is in bad mood or a newbie) wait for shift change and they like you to go in groups. you are allowed $25 for each person and a max of $60 for 3 or more people but they have never counted mine. he can have 5 visitors at a time. 8 visits a month. hours are Mon, Thu & Fri 2:30 pm - 8:30 pm and Sat and Sun 9:00 am - 8:00 pm. visiting on state recognized holidays is the same as the regular hours for weekdays if the holiday falls on a weekday. if the state recognized holiday falls on a weekend, the visiting hours will be the same as the regular hours for the weekend day. i hope this helps

Old 07-18-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookiedoo2 View Post
I didn't need to fill out new visitor's app when my lo was moved from
Thumb to Central. It is alot different than Thumb. Enjoy your visits.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:26 PM

Thanks! I have done the visitation thing before, just not at STF, so I am pretty familiar with the process...I've been talking to him and he likes it at STF. Much more freedom. Said the guys in his bay are really nice. One guy gave him a toothbrush when he got there because he hadn't gotten his property from Handlon yet. The guys are making him feel at home there. He said the COs are really nice, too. Thanks for all your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJNCs Momma View Post
my son has been there for a couple years now and he says its better than the thumb; much calmer. im not sure all the classes they offer there but they do have a few. you can look up the classes on the main sight at michigan.gov/corrections. also not sure if you have to fill out a new visitor app but i think you might have to for each time they move. i do know he will have to fill out a new visitor and phone list. as for for visiting, the co's are pretty laid back. just walk up to the desk and they will walk you through it all. they have a few vending machines in the lobby and if you want pictures get the tickets before you go to the visiting room; theyre in the vending machine in the lobby. the wait is right around 30 minutes to an hour depending on if they shower so you might want to bring a book. once in the visiting room you can hug and kiss and then just find a seat anywhere. yes you may hold hands and put your arms around each others shoulders. the one wall is all vending machines along with a microwave and a water fountain that you can refill a pop/water bottle at. they do allow the guys to get their own food and drinks now. they have cards and games. they like you to keep your table clean. to get around the bathroom break (if co is in bad mood or a newbie) wait for shift change and they like you to go in groups. you are allowed $25 for each person and a max of $60 for 3 or more people but they have never counted mine. he can have 5 visitors at a time. 8 visits a month. hours are Mon, Thu & Fri 2:30 pm - 8:30 pm and Sat and Sun 9:00 am - 8:00 pm. visiting on state recognized holidays is the same as the regular hours for weekdays if the holiday falls on a weekday. if the state recognized holiday falls on a weekend, the visiting hours will be the same as the regular hours for the weekend day. i hope this helps
Old 10-28-2014, 11:31 AM

How long can you visit? And is this visiting info still correct?
Old 10-28-2014, 04:51 PM
In His Space
Donation Award 

Most of the visiting information has changed for many of the facilities in Michigan. I suggest that you call because some visits are now based on custody level and last name.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsfeinauer View Post
No visitation Tues or Wed. Now since they have combined visiting room for the east and west side you have to visit on the day that corresponds to last
number in their doc # Say #5 is last digit, then you would visit on odd dates,
a #6 would visit on even dates. A little confusing sometimes.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
No visitation Tues or Wed. Now since they have combined visiting room for the east and west side you have to visit on the day that corresponds to last
a #6 would visit on even dates. A little confusing sometimes. Visitation 2:30-
8:30p. Weekends I believe start 8:30 or 9:00-all day
The Following User Says Thank You to Buttercream For This Useful Post:
mrsfeinauer (11-01-2014)
Old 11-01-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercream View Post
a #6 would visit on even dates. A little confusing sometimes. Visitation 2:30-
8:30p. Weekends I believe start 8:30 or 9:00-all day
Ok, thank you! So... the last number in his prison number is odd so I would visit on odd days I guess. Like the 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, ect.... right? I just mailed in my visitation forms and hoping to hear back from the prison soon! Any idea how long it takes to hear back about that and get approved for visits?
Old 11-01-2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Ok, thank you! So... the last number in his prison number is odd so I would visit on odd days I guess. Like the 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, ect.... right? I just mailed in my visitation forms and hoping to hear back from the prison soon! Any idea how long it takes to hear back about that and get approved for visits?
yes that is correct for the numbering. If he was transferred I don't think you
had to make out a new visitor's app. And you should still be on his visitor's list.
You should be able to visit now.(On appropriate days)
Old 11-01-2014, 06:36 PM

No, he is a new prisoner. He transfered from RGC a week ago, but I never visited him there.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
No, he is a new prisoner. He transfered from RGC a week ago, but I never visited him there.
I misunderstood. Hopefully they won't take too long to approve your visitation
form and you'll get to see him soon.