Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison & Jail Specific Discussions > Michigan Region II Prisons and Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Region II Prisons and Camps Topics & discussion specific to these facilities: Bellamy Creek CF, Boyer Road CF, Camp Branch, Carson City CF, Deerfield CF, Earnest C Brooks CF, Florence Crane CF, Ionia CF, Lakeland CF, Michigan Reformatory, Mid-Michigan CF, Muskegon CF, Pine River CF, Richard A Handlon CF, Riverside CF, St Louis CF, West Shoreline CF

Old 12-20-2014, 08:54 PM

Angry Bellamy Creek, Ionia, MI - visting while in the hole

My bother was recently put in the hole. He has been haing trouble with ppl takng his things. He was caught with a weapon. He is in bellamy creek corr. In ionia michigan. I live in texas and am flying to michian for new years the driving 3 more hours to ionia will my visit be allowed? Will it be behind a window? Any info woyuld be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2014, 09:23 PM

Most of the time if visits are allowed it has to be immediate family and behind glass when in the hole. At least here that's how it is.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:13 AM

Make sure you have the proper forms for visiting all filed. If you don't have a visitation approval on file, you won't be allowed in. The forms usually take about 30 days to get approved. I would call prior to visiting to make sure you are on the list. If you already have an approval letter, take it with you. Visitations for guys in the hole are usually on certain days and only for 30 minutes. Call ahead to find out exactly when visitation is. You will be behind glass and won't be allowed to touch or hug or anything.
Old 12-27-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcj_313 View Post
My bother was recently put in the hole. He has been haing trouble with ppl takng his things. He was caught with a weapon. He is in bellamy creek corr. In ionia michigan. I live in texas and am flying to michian for new years the driving 3 more hours to ionia will my visit be allowed? Will it be behind a window? Any info woyuld be helpful.
You have to fill out a visitor application. Information about visiting is here michigan.gov
Hope you get to see your brother. I am in Florida and my son is in Oaks Correctional Facility in Manistee, MI. I want to go see him as soon as financially possible.

Bless you for your concern and love of your brother.

OnlyChildsMom