Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison & Jail Specific Discussions > Michigan Region II Prisons and Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Region II Prisons and Camps Topics & discussion specific to these facilities: Bellamy Creek CF, Boyer Road CF, Camp Branch, Carson City CF, Deerfield CF, Earnest C Brooks CF, Florence Crane CF, Ionia CF, Lakeland CF, Michigan Reformatory, Mid-Michigan CF, Muskegon CF, Pine River CF, Richard A Handlon CF, Riverside CF, St Louis CF, West Shoreline CF

Old 12-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Donation Award 

Hey PTO fam, Sorry that I have not been on a lot lately. I have been really hitting the books hard and I am trying to get that 4.0 this semester! I am writing to ask about weddings. Has anyone been married there? If so would you please message me. Both my man and I have contacted the chaplin in writting already. My baby was sent a three page check list from the chaplin on things we need to do. Since my visitors application has not yet been approved I know I have to wait on doing anything else. If anyone was married there who did you use to marry you? Phone number?? Anything would be helpful. We are wanting to exchange vows and rings while there.
Oh does anyone know about visits ...... do they have board games available for usage during visits? Thanks for all your help

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2011, 03:08 AM
love knows no boundaries

http://www.sentinel-standard.com/hig...ious-condition
Old 01-24-2011, 03:13 AM
love knows no boundaries

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local...-attack-guards
Old 01-24-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear54 View Post
And in the commenting section..........

I did the math awhile back and found that thousands more beds were closed than inmates released in the last several years. So now we have far to many inmates crowded into our housing units without additional staff to help maintain order. And more recently rations were cut. Anyone see that study about what happens when you put to many rats in a cage and then quit feeding them? If DOC didn't plan this they certainly saw it coming and if they don't make changes it will only continue to get worse. Maybe the officers should sue.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:31 PM

Yeah, whatever happened to the law or standard that each inmate needed at least so much space? Seems it flew right out the window without any say from any one. Same with just about all of it, just gone!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOPE4FUTURE View Post
Yeah, whatever happened to the law or standard that each inmate needed at least so much space? Seems it flew right out the window without any say from any one. Same with just about all of it, just gone!
I thought it would be ironic to entice the officers into working for us LOL
Old 06-02-2011, 11:06 AM

Default My long lost man,lover and best friend

Hi everybody my name is Pooh Bear ad I am looking for my ex-man I haven't seen or heard from him in like 18 years and I know someone out there knows him, his name is James Goodman(bka) Gman. I really do miss him so if someone knows him tell him that I am waiting!
Old 06-02-2011, 11:35 AM

Default No disrespect

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtwoblessed View Post
Took 2 digitial pics Thursday!!! They are much nicer and clearer and easier to copy!! And yes they are still $2.00, which is the good thing!! They had the AC blastin and the fans on and it was only 70 degrees outside so most of the visitors were freezing! I sat under the duct so I was pretty neutral. I see they have all the "newbies" over the visiting room now. They training COs have green name tags. There is one that looks just like Tiger Woods!! They are pretty quiet and don't complain about too much. But all is well at MR. I'll be there Thurs.
By any chance the guy in your photo name James Goodman?
Old 06-02-2011, 11:35 AM
love knows no boundaries

If you go to: MDOC+MI you can track every inmate and will find him:
http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis2.asp

Just try it - and good luck!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:57 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,649 Posts

Okay seeing it has been almost two years since someone has posted on here are there others in MR besides my guy?

Old 09-07-2013, 11:30 PM

Default MR...the hill

Did someone say playstation and xbox? this has gotta be a joke. maybe at some camp, but MR? come on, get real...
Old 08-06-2014, 09:42 PM
Clueless Michigan Member
Donation Award 

Default Lockdown for the last week at RMI

My husband was recently transferred to RMI and it really sucks! Recently they had quite a bit of trouble there and my husband's whole unit has been locked down for a week now. Its just horrible that people who were not involved are basically having to suffer as if they were involved. Hopefully it will end soon. I miss talking to my husband!

Old 08-07-2014, 09:42 PM
Clueless Michigan Member
Donation Award 

Well I got a call from my husband today. He said that they were allowed to finally get showers and cleaning supplies to clean their cells after a week. He has not been able to go to any of his law library call-outs or even religious services either. I guess today that let them use the phone and the Jpay kiosk but he states that he was told that they would still be locked down and would most likely be locked down through the weekend. This really sucks, especially since my husband is not on any sanctions and wasn't involved in any issues. Keeping guys locked down like this just causes more guys to get irritable and frustrated, causing more problems! Ugh!

Old 03-15-2015, 09:19 PM

MR not a good prison my fiance there I like carson city better I just want my baby to come home the food suck n they make you wait to long to see the inmates I hate the process part n I hate when call up there cause most of the time the front desk be talking smart!!!! In carson city my hubby could call me 3 times a day. Now he only can call one time a day not even the whole 15 min n if he try calling back if he can get a 15 min call in they make him hang up after he get off the phone. The bathroom suck. You only get one bathroom break per person I have a 3 year old child they end the visit if you try use the bathroom twice I just don't like MR. Sorry but if it negative but it's true. I wish they can move him to another prison
Old 03-15-2015, 09:25 PM

Do anybody know if they bringing good time back for michigan if any body know please let me know?
N if they are do anybody know when thank you?
Old 04-10-2015, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11sharris View Post
MR not a good prison my fiance there I like carson city better I just want my baby to come home the food suck n they make you wait to long to see the inmates I hate the process part n I hate when call up there cause most of the time the front desk be talking smart!!!! In carson city my hubby could call me 3 times a day. Now he only can call one time a day not even the whole 15 min n if he try calling back if he can get a 15 min call in they make him hang up after he get off the phone. The bathroom suck. You only get one bathroom break per person I have a 3 year old child they end the visit if you try use the bathroom twice I just don't like MR. Sorry but if it negative but it's true. I wish they can move him to another prison

Ive never had any of them problems so thats weird. My fiance is at MR and he calls me a couple times a day if he cans, emails me, and snail mails me. I know they get locked down a lot because there is a level 4 there too. When he first got there, they put him in the level 4 area because they didnt have the room in level 2 which was bull, but after about 2 weeks he went to the other side and he likes it a lot better. Im sure he wishes he was somewhere else but he knows hes only 1 1/2 hours from me, so were thankful that he is at least close to me.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:28 PM

My L.O. is in Michigan Reformatory and I hope to be visiting him soon and I have a few questions. Is there anybody who can help me? Thanks!
Old 01-28-2016, 09:26 PM

Anybody have a loved one in RMI? I'm wondering about visiting. Do I need change, or are they using cards? Thanks!
Old 01-28-2016, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeanne View Post
Anybody have a loved one in RMI? I'm wondering about visiting. Do I need change, or are they using cards? Thanks!
Hi! My fiance is in RMI, they use cards, you can load up to $25, and each person can have 1 card. Small visiting room, not very comfy, strict rules, don't wear anything showing back or cleavage, no hoods or jackets and all that fun stuff lol. They take pictures! Anything else you wanna know feel free to shoot me a message!
Old 09-23-2017, 12:17 PM

Default Yes its a VERY OLD prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianna1975 View Post
hello all. I have a friend at Riverside and they are supposed to move to MR real soon. The CO's are telling that its a rat hole there, black mold, sewage problems, etc.. Any one know of any truth to this?
Yes all this is true and more ,Thats the oldest prison in Mich. It was originally the states first Insane Asylum in the 1700's , I spent 4 yrs there in the late 70's and early 80's And yes back then all was true , If not way worse ,Not to worry you , But if it was that bad back then , I'ts not gotten ANY better and actually thats the least of his problems !!!! Just VIST HIM KEEP $$$ in his account and write letters alot everyday because the mail is the only thing they look forward to. OK GOOD LUCK