Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison & Jail Specific Discussions > Michigan Region II Prisons and Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Region II Prisons and Camps Topics & discussion specific to these facilities: Bellamy Creek CF, Boyer Road CF, Camp Branch, Carson City CF, Deerfield CF, Earnest C Brooks CF, Florence Crane CF, Ionia CF, Lakeland CF, Michigan Reformatory, Mid-Michigan CF, Muskegon CF, Pine River CF, Richard A Handlon CF, Riverside CF, St Louis CF, West Shoreline CF

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-13-2016, 04:21 PM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,535
Thanks: 153
Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,801 Posts
Default Anyone have a loved one at Earnest C Brooks. How is it??

My husband was just transferred to Brooks. How is it there. He said so far it's ok but it's always nice to get the opinion of others. What programs to they offer etc. Went to visit him yesterday and the visiting room is nice but not enough bending vending machines.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 10-25-2017, 07:42 PM
EccentricManda EccentricManda is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 78
Thanks: 67
Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts
Default

This is the one I AM HOPING so badly that my man goes to. It is only a half hour or so from here whereas most prisons are 2-3 hrs away
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-25-2017, 08:26 PM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,535
Thanks: 153
Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,801 Posts
Default

This was the best prison my husband was in. He first was sent to another level because they had no room more then likely the unit your husband will be in and it was pretty horrible. He made them move him out and he ended up in the non secure level one unit and the visits were amazing. We were usually the only two in there ans the guard always fell asleep. They also had no cameras in the visiting room so when she fell asleep he would touch me and kiss me. He was only there for a few months though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-08-2017, 09:06 AM
EccentricManda EccentricManda is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 78
Thanks: 67
Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts
Default

That sounds absolutely amazing

He got his security level today which is Level 2.. So his prison options just got reduced and Brooks is still in there for an option. I am REALLY crossing my fingers and heart HARD to get into brooks. He wants into their Seminary Program plus they have the dental program there. He needs dental work pretty bad. And when he gets down to level 1 he could technically remain there at Brooks. So.. *crosses fingers hard* Please oh please let him be sent to Brooks!! I am going to pull back sending letters now knowing he is going to be sent out soon from Reception . I cant wait I AM GOING TO FINALLY GET TO HUG HIM AGAIN!! IT IS GETTING SO CLOSE!! I WANT A HUG SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!!!!
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-08-2017, 09:57 AM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,535
Thanks: 153
Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,801 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricManda View Post
That sounds absolutely amazing

He got his security level today which is Level 2.. So his prison options just got reduced and Brooks is still in there for an option. I am REALLY crossing my fingers and heart HARD to get into brooks. He wants into their Seminary Program plus they have the dental program there. He needs dental work pretty bad. And when he gets down to level 1 he could technically remain there at Brooks. So.. *crosses fingers hard* Please oh please let him be sent to Brooks!! I am going to pull back sending letters now knowing he is going to be sent out soon from Reception . I cant wait I AM GOING TO FINALLY GET TO HUG HIM AGAIN!! IT IS GETTING SO CLOSE!! I WANT A HUG SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD!!!!
Awwwww yay I hope he goes there so hes close to you. And just so you know they don't do any dental work until they are incarcerated for two years. County jail time doesn't count.
He didn't care for the level two though. I don't think he can be a level one.
__________________

Last edited by nygirl17; 11-08-2017 at 10:03 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-08-2017, 10:02 AM
EccentricManda EccentricManda is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 78
Thanks: 67
Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts
Default

ooooh.. well, i am shocked they do it at all! He has two broken ones up front. He can still eat - he just wont smile! but he definitely needs them fixed to obtain employment after being released. He will lose his front two by then otherwise. His career field is in accounting/business management. He nearly has his Masters in small business management. I don't know how this incarceration is going to hinder his ability to get a job in his field BUT I know having the ability to smile=show teeth would certainly help him.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-08-2017, 10:06 AM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,535
Thanks: 153
Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,801 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricManda View Post
ooooh.. well, i am shocked they do it at all! He has two broken ones up front. He can still eat - he just wont smile! but he definitely needs them fixed to obtain employment after being released. He will lose his front two by then otherwise. His career field is in accounting/business management. He nearly has his Masters in small business management. I don't know how this incarceration is going to hinder his ability to get a job in his field BUT I know having the ability to smile=show teeth would certainly help him.
I was shocked to. My husband will go for his apt soon. Thank God. But he has perfect teeth no missing teeth and never had a cavity. He just wants them cleaned.

I dont know if you read in my last message but your husband can't be a level one unfortunately but level to isn't to bad.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-08-2017, 10:22 AM
EccentricManda EccentricManda is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 78
Thanks: 67
Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Our lawyer said to expect Level 2 to start.. he can earn his way to level 1 over time. but i am actually relieved to see Level 2 because it greatly limited him on where he would be sent. i had been fearing Newberry since day 1... and newberry is only level 1 so he cannot go there! that was like a 7 hour drive and with it being the UP and me not driving in snow very well, it would have meant we wouldnt see each other hardly at all. Maybe 4 times a year kind of "not hardly at all" Muskegon would mean i can visit all 7 allowable times and spend all day.

now I see that Lakeland is level 2 too which is 3 hours away :/ BUT otherwise it looks like his options will be either of the Muskegons, Oaks (Manistee) Carson City or Ionia (Bellamy Creek)
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-08-2017, 10:29 AM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,535
Thanks: 153
Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,801 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricManda View Post
Our lawyer said to expect Level 2 to start.. he can earn his way to level 1 over time. but i am actually relieved to see Level 2 because it greatly limited him on where he would be sent. i had been fearing Newberry since day 1... and newberry is only level 1 so he cannot go there! that was like a 7 hour drive and with it being the UP and me not driving in snow very well, it would have meant we wouldnt see each other hardly at all. Maybe 4 times a year kind of "not hardly at all" Muskegon would mean i can visit all 7 allowable times and spend all day.

now I see that Lakeland is level 2 too which is 3 hours away :/ BUT otherwise it looks like his options will be either of the Muskegons, Oaks (Manistee) Carson City or Ionia (Bellamy Creek)
I've always known that SO can never be in a level one. My husband is supposed to call today and I'll confirm that with him. He knows alot about the system. Lawyers never know what level you will start at because they go by alot of factors as to what level you will be in. But a majority of the time SO's will be level two.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-08-2017, 04:36 PM
Buttercream Buttercream is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 189
Thanks: 298
Thanked 58 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricManda View Post
Our lawyer said to expect Level 2 to start.. he can earn his way to level 1 over time. but i am actually relieved to see Level 2 because it greatly limited him on where he would be sent. i had been fearing Newberry since day 1... and newberry is only level 1 so he cannot go there! that was like a 7 hour drive and with it being the UP and me not driving in snow very well, it would have meant we wouldnt see each other hardly at all. Maybe 4 times a year kind of "not hardly at all" Muskegon would mean i can visit all 7 allowable times and spend all day.

now I see that Lakeland is level 2 too which is 3 hours away :/ BUT otherwise it looks like his options will be either of the Muskegons, Oaks (Manistee) Carson City or Ionia (Bellamy Creek)
Also level 2 at Saginaw in Freeland and Thumb in Lapeer
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Buttercream Buttercream is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 189
Thanks: 298
Thanked 58 Times in 45 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
I've always known that SO can never be in a level one. My husband is supposed to call today and I'll confirm that with him. He knows alot about the system. Lawyers never know what level you will start at because they go by alot of factors as to what level you will be in. But a majority of the time SO's will be level two.
An SO can be in level 1. Most of them will flow down to that level when they have certain amount of years served or left
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-08-2017, 05:46 PM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,535
Thanks: 153
Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,801 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercream View Post
An SO can be in level 1. Most of them will flow down to that level when they have certain amount of years served or left
I've always known them to be in a level two and that's it. But I still haven't had a chance to talk to my husband yet.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-09-2017, 07:00 AM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,535
Thanks: 153
Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,801 Posts
Default

He called last night and I forgot to ask but he just called again. He said yes they can be in a level one but alot don't make it due to fights etc. And they can't be in an unsecured level one. I think that's why I thought they couldn't because that's what he's in.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-10-2017, 07:47 AM
EccentricManda EccentricManda is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 78
Thanks: 67
Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Well my husband is sent to kinross.. UP in the winter... In other words, I wont be able to see him very much. I don't do well driving in the winter. At least I am familiar with the area and I will be home for a transfer to the Lower Peninsula sooner rather than later
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-10-2017, 09:09 AM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,535
Thanks: 153
Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,801 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricManda View Post
Well my husband is sent to kinross.. UP in the winter... In other words, I wont be able to see him very much. I don't do well driving in the winter. At least I am familiar with the area and I will be home for a transfer to the Lower Peninsula sooner rather than later
Omg that's so far away....my husband did say that the prisons are so full and that if you have a short sentence you will be closer like Jackson. I was always so happy they didn't send my husband to the UP at the beginning of his sentence. I'm sorry
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-13-2017, 01:38 PM
Rockstarsmom's Avatar
Rockstarsmom Rockstarsmom is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Detroit MI USA
Posts: 88
Thanks: 70
Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Default

Its seems EVERYONE goes strait to the UP for their first place. Did anyones LO NOT go to the UP? My son went to Baraga..It was 10 hours one way from Detroit
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-13-2017, 01:46 PM
nygirl17 nygirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,535
Thanks: 153
Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,801 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstarsmom View Post
Its seems EVERYONE goes strait to the UP for their first place. Did anyones LO NOT go to the UP? My son went to Baraga..It was 10 hours one way from Detroit
My husband didn't. He went to Muskegon Michigan. I think it depends on how long of a sentence they get originally
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Son's at Earnest C Brooks mthurston Michigan Region II Prisons and Camps 1 04-08-2011 11:00 PM
Earnest C Brooks releases dianna1975 Michigan Region II Prisons and Camps 5 06-19-2008 09:40 PM
Earnest C Brooks Muskegon, Mi Info KooKee Michigan Region II Prisons and Camps 7 08-15-2006 12:54 PM
Earnest C. Brooks Facility Crenshaw'sWife Michigan Region II Prisons and Camps 2 10-29-2004 10:07 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:27 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics