Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison & Jail Specific Discussions > Michigan Region II Prisons and Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Region II Prisons and Camps Topics & discussion specific to these facilities: Bellamy Creek CF, Boyer Road CF, Camp Branch, Carson City CF, Deerfield CF, Earnest C Brooks CF, Florence Crane CF, Ionia CF, Lakeland CF, Michigan Reformatory, Mid-Michigan CF, Muskegon CF, Pine River CF, Richard A Handlon CF, Riverside CF, St Louis CF, West Shoreline CF

Old 04-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,649 Posts

Yes, I heard yesterday that they extended it to April 10th, but the weird thing is it's supposed to be the half of the yard, but the sad part is the dogs are getting sick right along with the inmates. Norovirus sucks!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Uh...Yeah...

Has anyone put two and two together here regarding the box that a visitor seen not too long ago?? You know the words that said "not for human consumption"???
I for one need to encourage you all to send your concerns to those that will take this seriously. The number one reason for norovirus is contamination in food!!! OMG
Old 04-05-2009, 11:37 AM
I love that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeltob View Post
Has anyone put two and two together here regarding the box that a visitor seen not too long ago?? You know the words that said "not for human consumption"???
I for one need to encourage you all to send your concerns to those that will take this seriously. The number one reason for norovirus is contamination in food!!! OMG
I guess I don't recall that. Was it at LCF?
Old 04-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Uh...Yeah...

no Dianna but my point is that this is not the first virus and as they continue to cut costs...many times its in chow first. I think that this might be something I will bring out into the main pages. IMA try and find that thread that was started...
The Following User Says Thank You to angeltob For This Useful Post:
Stace22 (04-22-2014)
Old 04-11-2009, 07:04 PM
I love that man!

I believe that visits were reinstated this past Friday (the 10th). I plan on visiting Monday, of course I'm going to call before I make the trip just to be safe.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
Danny and I were talking about this and he asked me if anyone knew what would happen if they decided to call a quarantine while a visitor was there... because as far as he knows by policy if a quarantine is put into effect nobody can come in or go out until the quarantine is lifted and that includes employees and visitors. Anyone have any clues?
this isn't true at pine river anyway. a couple of units have been under quaratine for the norovirus but the c/os and the nurse that brings the meds get to go in and out of the unit. so i don't know what they would do with the visitors i assume they would let them go home and tell them not to come back until they are better.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianna1975 View Post
I believe that visits were reinstated this past Friday (the 10th). I plan on visiting Monday, of course I'm going to call before I make the trip just to be safe.

who hoo finally one of them lifted. two units at pine river still under quaratine. hopefully that one is lifted soon too. i feel bad for the people not on pto who drove up there and didn't know.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:56 PM
I love that man!

When I went to visit last Saturday I noticed they have new lockers for the visitors to use. You no longer get your key from the front desk CO, the lockers are coin operated (.25) and you get your money back when you replace the key.
The Following User Says Thank You to dianna1975 For This Useful Post:
HOPE4FUTURE (06-17-2009)
Old 10-28-2009, 08:03 PM

I just wrote to a inmate at Lakeland the other day. He is a lifer, am hoping this is a nice place as my heart went out to him reading what he wrote on his penpal request.
What I am trying to get my mind around is why some men that have murdered get out while another is in there for life?
Yes I am new to this. I am waiting for the place to send him the letter I wrote to him. How do I know that I picked the right person to write to??
Old 11-30-2009, 10:56 AM
I love that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeanita View Post
I just wrote to a inmate at Lakeland the other day. He is a lifer, am hoping this is a nice place as my heart went out to him reading what he wrote on his penpal request.
What I am trying to get my mind around is why some men that have murdered get out while another is in there for life?
Yes I am new to this. I am waiting for the place to send him the letter I wrote to him. How do I know that I picked the right person to write to??
Have you heard anything yet?
Old 11-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Banned

Thanked 10,745 Times in 5,807 Posts

I plan to visit Lakeland sometime early 2010. It'd be fun if anyone on here wants to try and connect when I get there. I am nervous .. my first time meeting him in person ... but soooo excited !
Old 11-30-2009, 12:15 PM
I love that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by His#1&only View Post
I plan to visit Lakeland sometime early 2010. It'd be fun if anyone on here wants to try and connect when I get there. I am nervous .. my first time meeting him in person ... but soooo excited !

That is exciting!! Where are you coming from? I have met 2 ladies from PTO, one comes all the way from Germany.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Banned

Thanked 10,745 Times in 5,807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianna1975 View Post
That is exciting!! Where are you coming from? I have met 2 ladies from PTO, one comes all the way from Germany.
Just from MN .. so not as exciting as Germany !
Old 12-01-2009, 06:46 AM
we are FREE xoxox
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by His#1&only View Post
my husband is no longer in coldwater, but im always down for meeting other pto'rs!!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:39 PM

Lakeland doesn't seem to have a lot of activity, but thought I'd use this thread to check in anyway.

It looks like my son will be transferred to Lakeland. He's worried as he's heard that the level II has cubes with 6-8 guys in them. Is this true?

Also, any good or bad things you know about Lakeland?

TIA!
Old 06-19-2011, 05:33 PM

Hi Tia,

My dad has been at Lakeland for about a year now and has not complaints other than the food. but, i think everyone has food problems. there are a couple CO's that are pretty nasty but most of them seem to be decent. When you visit make sure you go early because the later you go, the less food there will be in the (2) machines. My dad use to be in the geriatric unit but has since been moved to b unit housing and not the poll barns. I was pretty upset they moved him because in the geriatric unit there is better rooms and beds. Now he's in a big room in bunks with bunch of other guys. I don't hear about too much violence from him. It seems to be pretty quiet.

Christina
Old 07-24-2011, 03:36 PM
Wrong is right this time

Anything new at Lakeland? I haven't been to visit since the end of May. I wish this was a more active thread since it'd be nice to get to know more people who also have loved ones at this facility. If so and you read this feel free to PM me!

Boy I'm calling dibs on your lips, on your kiss, on your time
Boy I'm calling dibs on your hands, on your heart all mine

Old 08-19-2011, 10:20 PM
EddiezSweetz

My Huzband is housed at Lakeland ....Today ...Well yesterday Sum dude was killed ... He git his head smashed in I guess you can say...Poor thang...No1 deserves to go out like that...I heard it was over sum lovers quarell...
Old 08-20-2011, 05:52 AM

My guy called and told me someone was killed too. He didn't know the circumstances except that the ambulance left with no lights on and driving slow. It was in the next unit over from him and it was a black guy. Other than that he didn't know how or why it happened. So very sad. He says things are crazy at that place because they have squeezed everything out of the guys and they are stealing and fighting and doing all kinds of stuff. Lakeland used to be a nice place where the old schools locked.
The Following User Says Thank You to HOPE4FUTURE For This Useful Post:
EddiezSweetz (08-20-2011)
Old 08-20-2011, 07:08 AM

Well, he just called again and said that the guy didn't die, he's on life support. He said there were 2 guys involved, one blocked the bathroom and the other one beat the guy and his eyeball was hanging out. The victim worked on the maintenance crew and was a lifer. The guy that beat him was a lifer and the other guy had 8 years left to do. Now he will probably do life too.
The Following User Says Thank You to HOPE4FUTURE For This Useful Post:
EddiezSweetz (08-20-2011)
Old 08-20-2011, 10:44 AM
EddiezSweetz

Yeah I heard bout the eye being poped out ... I thought my husband said they airlifted dude..I also heard that instead of using the ole lock in sock technique they used a lifting weight instead...But I did hear he did die..but I kno how it is in there...Its like playing a game a telephone thru the grapevine ya kno...But Lakeland I thought was a pretty chill place to be housed at..But liie you said ish is crazy in there now ...They are taking away all the things these dudes need to keep em busy instead of em flippin out on each other..The best thing for em would be to let the state make money off a cojungal visits then they wouldnt be so broke and these men wouldnt be such buttholes ya kno ..To me it seems like they go in and become lost n far off from being rehabilitated after doing bitts n stretches ...Prison life is hard to me its worse then the streets...But thanx for gettin back at me...
HOPE4FUTURE (08-20-2011)
Old 09-06-2011, 11:37 AM

I heard that the guy died as well, either way noone deserve that. Nice to see alittle action on this forum again. Not many of us on here anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddiezSweetz View Post
Yeah I heard bout the eye being poped out ... I thought my husband said they airlifted dude..I also heard that instead of using the ole lock in sock technique they used a lifting weight instead...But I did hear he did die..but I kno how it is in there...Its like playing a game a telephone thru the grapevine ya kno...But Lakeland I thought was a pretty chill place to be housed at..But liie you said ish is crazy in there now ...They are taking away all the things these dudes need to keep em busy instead of em flippin out on each other..The best thing for em would be to let the state make money off a cojungal visits then they wouldnt be so broke and these men wouldnt be such buttholes ya kno ..To me it seems like they go in and become lost n far off from being rehabilitated after doing bitts n stretches ...Prison life is hard to me its worse then the streets...But thanx for gettin back at me...
Old 09-06-2011, 08:48 PM

It's not just that they are taking things away from the guys. Lakeland used to be old schools that knew how to do their time. With all the facilities shutting down they got a bunch of new inmates rode in causing problems.

The guy was on life support until they could locate the family and then they pulled the plug, is what I was told.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:23 PM

Default Sorry if this is the wrong thread...need help tho!!

I have searched and searched on threads for a little more insight on whats appropriate and what not. I have also read the MDOC visitor rules. I guess im more so worried about my pants. Im not a skinny chick im curvy and it seems like most jeans these days are made with stretchy material...Most of the jeans I own are skinny jeans actually. I dont wear them so tight I have a jelly roll or anything lol...I also have alot of jeans that are designer so they have the letters or symbols of the company. Is this acceptable I read for some states the jeans cant have symbols or letters. Im just nervous and dont want to be turned away since I have thick thighs and a booty...and since we can wear capris or skirts im wondering if skinny jeans would really be a big deal or not? My friends at Lakeland Correctional Facility in Coldwater. Im going to see him for the first time on Thursday and im so nervous but excited and dont wanna be turned away but still wanna look cute when I see him not trying to be too revealing or anything. Also if anyone has any advice for a first time visitor....Thanks
Old 03-29-2012, 11:05 AM

I have found them pretty nice at coldwater. Like someone said make sure you can get your hands in your pockets and they should be ok. also bring a change of clothes because your first visit they have to let you change if they don't like what you wear. Some are big on bra straps showing also.