Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison & Jail Specific Discussions > Michigan Region II Prisons and Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Region II Prisons and Camps Topics & discussion specific to these facilities: Bellamy Creek CF, Boyer Road CF, Camp Branch, Carson City CF, Deerfield CF, Earnest C Brooks CF, Florence Crane CF, Ionia CF, Lakeland CF, Michigan Reformatory, Mid-Michigan CF, Muskegon CF, Pine River CF, Richard A Handlon CF, Riverside CF, St Louis CF, West Shoreline CF

Old 03-01-2006, 04:22 PM
Satisfied

Default Muskegon Correctional Facility Check-in, Gossip, and Info Thread..

Okay folks... If you have a loved one in Muskegon Correctional Facility, here is a place for you to check in and share gossip and chit chat about Muskegon!!

So... jump in with any rumors you hear... *events* you hear about... or just good info you find out... let's share!!!

Jenn
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2006, 10:15 PM

I dont have anything but highschool crap. CO sleeping with inmates. CO sleeping with married coworkers. And the occasional fight. They been doing a lot of shake downs my man says. Something about a high in flux of drugs of somesort.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:20 AM
David's wife

Default Same Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erics_TaraLee
I dont have anything but highschool crap. CO sleeping with inmates. CO sleeping with married coworkers. And the occasional fight. They been doing a lot of shake downs my man says. Something about a high in flux of drugs of somesort.
MY HUSBAND SAID THE SAME THING.

Old 03-06-2006, 09:46 PM

Yeah well I go se ehim in week or two I hope as soon as funds are better I wll get more and take notes and pass them on. I was trying to figure out where they might put the conjugal visit area if the states passes it. It makes for good hoping and dreamingto pass the time. I was thinking they may build a smallers area out int he huge open area right in front of the visiting window. IOnly place i can see for it. Any thoguths?
Old 03-07-2006, 06:24 PM
David's wife

Default Hope So

Quote:
Yeah well I go se ehim in week or two I hope as soon as funds are better I wll get more and take notes and pass them on. I was trying to figure out where they might put the conjugal visit area if the states passes it. It makes for good hoping and dreamingto pass the time. I was thinking they may build a smallers area out int he huge open area right in front of the visiting window. IOnly place i can see for it. Any thoguths?
That is the only place I could see it, unless they brought in a couple of trailers. I don't think they will build anything permanent though. That will be great if they did pass it. I would be very happy !!!

Old 03-07-2006, 09:15 PM

ot to the right in front of one unit.

Member #44 of 2009 club
Old 03-13-2006, 11:17 PM
David's wife

Unhappy Communicable disease!

Was at MCF 3-13-06 and a sign was posted that a prisoner had a communicable disease and was being takened care of and any prisoner having such wouldn't be allowed visitors. Thought anyone with loved ones here would want to know. I seen it on the way out the door because it wasn't posted at 230pm. And it had todays date 3-13-06.

Old 03-14-2006, 03:33 PM

Thank you very much, I hope mine is very safe. His room mate is clean freak that should help. And he isn't too social.

Member #44 of 2009 club
Old 04-06-2006, 01:12 PM

Ok found out monday that the sign was psoted do to a bad outbreak of the flu.

Member #44 of 2009 club
Old 04-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Missing My Man....BAD

Conj. visits? I hadn't heard that. It figures, after 7 years and my guy is maxing out, they may pass that.. LOL Just my luck..But that's great for everyone with loved ones still in.. I think it would be a good idea, less stress on the inmates...LOL (If you know what I mean)..
Old 04-06-2006, 01:50 PM
Satisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalesDeb
Conj. visits? I hadn't heard that. It figures, after 7 years and my guy is maxing out, they may pass that.. LOL Just my luck..But that's great for everyone with loved ones still in.. I think it would be a good idea, less stress on the inmates...LOL (If you know what I mean)..
If ANYWHERE in Michigan is gonna bring 'em back, it will be a LOOOOOONG, LOOOOONG time... It's fun to think about though!

Jenn
Old 04-20-2006, 04:44 PM

Actually according to a friend of mine it may be on the ballet in November. It seems that the Judicial commitee and the senators and representatives started getting a huge influx of mail in for it to be passed.

Member #44 of 2009 club
Old 04-21-2006, 08:17 AM
Satisfied

Quote:
Actually according to a friend of mine it may be on the ballet in November. It seems that the Judicial commitee and the senators and representatives started getting a huge influx of mail in for it to be passed.
Even if something passed, with the DOC, arrangements to have them at the facilities and scheduling and such, it'd be a long, long while. Kinda like everything else with the DOC.

Jenn
Old 05-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Loving him forever

I doubt they'll ever pass it. The state won't want to pay for it, nor do they want the inmates to feel and "luxury" of home.....which is stupid if you ask me!

Anyways, I went and spent 3 days with my hubby this past weekend! It was so nice to be able to spend all that time with him. Thursday night this one guard pissed me off tho, I said something to her and my husband was trying not to laugh! Other than that, things were pretty boring....

He is my life,
my one true love,
my best friend!

Old 05-23-2006, 10:47 PM

Does anyone know who we talk too about no photo's! This happen on Mothers day. And I think its going to happen for Memorial weekend as well. I was up visiting on Saturday the 20th and the vending machine, (sandwich/pizza) was empty...completely. Not one thing in it!! Now you all know that friends and family come from near and far. Especially on a holiday, these are issues that really effect us ...Any ideas to try to resolve these concernes asap?? Or am I dreamin' Wendy
Old 05-24-2006, 01:01 AM
Miss'n my brother!

Can someone in here give me the goods on Muskegon CF? I would like to know visiting hours, how much photo tickets are and just anything you can think of. I'm updating the profile for this prison and I don't know much about this prison. Please PM me with the info. Thanks, Melanie

Old 05-25-2006, 06:53 PM

Monday through friday, from 230 to 830 and on the weekends from 10am to 8pm. The photos have been 1.50 but not available very often...do to no film!
Old 05-25-2006, 06:58 PM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

If there's no film for several visits please ask for and fill out a complaint card and send it to Lansing......there's NO EXCUSE to be out of film all the time!!

BTW.. Mr. has a cousin at MCF... he and my hubby used to be bunkies when they both were there
But they all get along and
EVERYONE is happy!

R.I.P. Sally! This Dragon is Flying High Again.. WE LOVE YOU & Will Never Forget!
Old 12-03-2006, 07:25 PM

Hey all my fiance is at Muskegon. Have not been there for a visit, due to car not being able to make it that far. Can anyone fill me in on how they are? What about marriages? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx
Old 12-04-2006, 09:25 PM

Hi Sylvia123, We got married at MCF about 6 weeks ago. The chaplain there is very nice. It is pretty decent there. Typically the officers that process you through for visits are nice. I cant say that I have had any problems there. My DH has had some problems with his couselor in the unit they just moved him to. We are trying to get my teenagers approved for visits. The councelor said to simply turn in the visiting apps and they would be approved rather quikly. Well now he decided he need to see copies of the birth certificates. I sent those three weeks ago and received a letter two weeks ago stating that such documents are not allowed in the facility. The councelor requested them!! My DH did not get the letter that was included with the copies until about four days ago. When he told the councelor about the restricted mail he was told again that the copies needed to be seen by the councelor befor he would process the applications. I sent those out Saturday directly to his councelor with an explanation for the mail room.

Other than that its been pretty uneventful.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:05 PM
moving forward...

Thanked 1,928 Times in 951 Posts

I just went for a visit also the weekend after Thanksgiving. The officers were ok, the visiting room is pretty small, but with plenty of vending machines.

Syliva, I am planning a trip the day after Christmas...if you are on my way you could ride along. However as I am driving from IN i get a hotel room, and then visit the next day as well. If interested, let me know...

Staci
Old 12-06-2006, 05:54 AM

Sylvia,

I am planning a trip next thursday I only go for one day. Let me or us know what city you are in. I am sure someone will be going soon. I got married there. They are understanding and even try to accomodate other relgions other then christianity. I am wiccan as is my Husband.

Erics_taralee

Member #44 of 2009 club
Old 12-06-2006, 06:03 AM

mlynn

visiting hrs 2 - 830 but you cant get in until 230.
pic ticks are 1/50 and their digital. Yes they finaly gave up the camera and printer.

Member #44 of 2009 club
Old 12-06-2006, 08:24 AM
Clueless Michigan Member
Donation Award 

Shift change is at 2pm so that is why no one can get in until 2:30. I would be surprised if they posted the visiting times to be at 2:00pm. They usually start at 2:30 but will let you on the premises by 2:00pm. At least that is the way it is at most facilities.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:49 AM

Hi guys!

I could really use your help!!! My guy just got transferred to Muskegon from Egeler, last night.

Could you please help me? I need all of the info you can share with me.