Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison & Jail Specific Discussions > Michigan Region II Prisons and Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Region II Prisons and Camps Topics & discussion specific to these facilities: Bellamy Creek CF, Boyer Road CF, Camp Branch, Carson City CF, Deerfield CF, Earnest C Brooks CF, Florence Crane CF, Ionia CF, Lakeland CF, Michigan Reformatory, Mid-Michigan CF, Muskegon CF, Pine River CF, Richard A Handlon CF, Riverside CF, St Louis CF, West Shoreline CF

Old 05-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Satisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyPeterson
Hi guys!

I could really use your help!!! My guy just got transferred to Muskegon from Egeler, last night.

Could you please help me? I need all of the info you can share with me.
What sort of info are you looking for?

Jenn
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2007, 11:22 PM
Forever Waiting!!!

I know I was at muskegon on Monday June 4th for a visit and there was a sign up saying not to buy picture tickets because the digital camera is broken. I asked the Co who was on duty and she said that it could take up to 2 months to get it fixed. I don't know how true it is about the camera getting fixed but if anyone finds out when or if it gets fixed soon please let me know in my inbox because I would like to know ASAP. I can't always get back to where I posted something that's why I ask to put it in my inbox and I will post any new information.

Thanx,
Katie
Old 01-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Forever Waiting!!!

I'm not sure if anyone still checks this thread but I've been visiting there for over a year now and some days are better than others. For instance there is a new deputy warden and I believe no one likes him. As far as I can tell he is male...LOL. Anyways...Other than that nothin much has changed except they have let go of a few correctional officers and I'm not too fond of some of the new ones.
My boyfriend has told me of how tight it has gotten in there and I was wondering has anyone else heard anything???
Old 01-29-2008, 04:24 PM

Mine is not there anymore but what did you mean by they let go of a few officers?
Old 01-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Forever Waiting!!!

Well a lot of the officers have moved up in rank and there's 1 I know for certain that was fired. Then there's one that left for maternity leave and hasn't returned and there's talk that she may not return. If you want to know names I can post them in a private message. Let's see...it's just gotten to the point where some of the officers are unbearable and they think they are the ****.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:42 AM

Although it has been a really long time since anyone has posted here. It would be nice to get it started up again. My son has was transfered to MCF from Egeler in February. We have visited with him three times since. He did mention that while he has been there, they have gotten several new CO. The last time we were there on Easter, a new one was in the visiting room, and she was not very friendly. She walked around the room, and several times would just stop and stand by visitors. I never seen anything that warranted her to do that the entire 3 hours we were there.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:02 AM

I agree that it would be nice to get the inside info on things like visiting this specific facility and other pertinant information. I am visiting in a little less that 2 weeks and will tell what I know.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:31 PM

Hi Hamilton,

Have a safe trip and hopefully we will meet.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:00 PM

Hi I'm new here, this is actually my first post besides my intro. My husband is staying in MCF. I'm visiting for the first time tomorrow actually. sucks its 3 hrs away! but anyways, just checking in.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:56 PM

hi
im just checking in my boyfriend is also at mcf and im going to see him this week and it my first time visting so i hope it gos well
Old 05-20-2008, 06:33 PM

Hi Everyone!

I wish to send a big welcome to those of you posting on here for the first time!! I have not been able to check in for a while. However, I have been to see my son twice since my last posting. I hope your visits went well. I am taking a day off work so that I can visit again on the 22nd.

Hamilton, how was your trip and first visit? I hope you did not have any problems finding a hotel in the area.

There is a new House Bill that I came across dated May 15, 2008 concerning second chances to go to SAI. My son is serving 2 to 15 years, but from what I read on the MI website (or what I thought I understood), I think he may be eligible to go to SAI. I just do not know where to start to find out and if he can, how to get the process going. So, if any of you know anything about it, or has some time to do some investigating, I would greatly appreciate it. Who knows, perhaps your loved ones may be eligible too!

All of you are in my prayers.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:35 PM

hi
mpmom
have a good visit i hope it goes well i will be to see my boyfriend on the 1st of june and do you when they get their commisary

thanks
brownie033
Old 05-21-2008, 07:04 PM

Hi Brownie,

I may be mistaken, but my son said they change the days for store each month. This month, his store is on Thursday. Which means he puts in his order by Monday or Tuesday and his things arrive on Thursday. I intend to visit him tomorrow and will pay a money order in the lobby before I go in, that way he will have it for store next Thursday. Then, his store day should be changing for June. He will let me know when he calls. I wonder if store days differ from unit to unit too. I forget if my son is in unit 2 or 4 now. He got moved a couple of weeks ago. It was a good move for his sake. I hope this helps. I have called before and was transfered to the department that processes the store money. They would not tell me how much was in his account, but they did tell me he had money in it. That was enough to let me know my money order had been received o.k. You might try calling; they may not give you an answer, but it can't hurt to try.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:06 PM

thank you
Old 05-24-2008, 08:32 AM

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to wish everyone a safe and happy Memorial weekend. I was able to take a day off this past Thursday and went to visit my son. It was a good visit and I was surprised to see how many visitors were there on a weekday! You know what that means, we can expect the coin machine in the lobby to be out of order and the vending supplies to be low. I have gotten into the habit of buying my rolls of quarters before I get to the facility.

I hope all of you have a safe and happy holiday, and if you plan to, I hope your visit to MCF goes well.

Take care.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:38 PM

Hi everyone,

My son just got word that he finally starts vocational classes tomorrow. Whee! What a worry that was; they have to complete the classes before their first twelve months is up and he is on week 20. He also started his first job last week. He earns 7 cents an hour to wash windows on Saturday and Sundays. He is taking his substance abuse classes now too. We are all breathing a sigh of relief, since all three things are required.

Just wanted to share.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:44 PM

Sounds like he's on his way! Tell him not to spend all his money in one place! LOL
Old 06-21-2008, 08:30 PM

Hi everyone,

I hope all of you are doing well. I have been to a couple of visits with my son since the last post. Both went well, except the coffee machine was down and I was really looking forward to a cup of cappacino. My nephew is coming up next weekend and has his approval to see his cousin. It will be the first time they have seen each other in over a year and it will be my nephews first time to go to a prison. It can be rather daunting at first, but I am sure he will do fine.

Take care to all of you!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:23 PM

Just checking in. My fiance is still in MCF and we are getting married there on 7/17/08 I'm so excited! I'm going to visit for the whole week! Well, from Tuesday to Tuesday. Since they don't rotate there it will be really good - seven strait days!!!

The last visit went great! I didn't see you MRP Mom. But I was also in lala land and didn't notice much around me at all.

Take care
Old 07-05-2008, 08:45 AM

Hi Hamilton,

I am so happy for you! Guess what? I will miss your wedding, but I plan to be there on the afternoon of the 18th to see my son. I hope we can meet. I will look around the room for a couple of love birds. LOL If you get to the lobby about 15 to 20 minutes before visiting starts, just start asking around and maybe we can chat before we go in. I will be alone this time since I took the day off and my husband has to work. I really hope you enjoy your visit and I wish both of you the very best of luck.
Congratulations!!!!
Old 07-11-2008, 08:38 PM

Default Dad new at Muskegon

My dad was just transferred to Muskegon following a month a Charles Egeler and over a year at the Oakland County Jail. It will be a 5 hour drive to visit, but I'm looking forward to seeing him soon. It's been too long since I was able to give him a hug. Almost all of the posts I have seen are from people loving their husbands, sweethearts, or "babies." Does anybody have a dad or other older guy at Muskegon? My dad is almost 58.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:18 PM

I have not heard any thing thats going on. my friend was sick for a whlle ago last he was suffering for hearing lost in one ear he sigh up to see the doctor. have any one heard if the parole board was releasing any of the lifer there?
Old 07-14-2008, 10:50 PM

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,361 Posts

Maybe he was moved? You can look him up and see if he is still there.

http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis2.html

Hebrews 13:3 NIV3Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:49 AM

Smile

I'll be going to visit my dad for the first time this coming weekend, and I'm looking forward to it.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:34 PM

Hi everyone

I feel bad for not checking in for so long. I hope all of you are doing well. I always pass the word around about PTO while I am waiting in the lobby to see my son. I hope to meet another member there one day.

I have found out a lot of new information today. Some of it good and some of it quite disturbing. I did not realize that even if my son gets out on his ERD, he could potentially be kept on parole for 15 years! There will soon be a petition going around about this matter. You should be able to find it under general talk. I definitely plan to sign it. I also found out about a group called MI-Cure that are advocates for the incarcerated. I emailed the Michigan chapter to learn how to become a member.

I will be going back to visit my son on 09/12/08. We were just there yesterday, but I decided to take a day off work and go see him again. Even though it will be 24 weeks tomorrow since he left, I still have difficult times dealing with him being in prison.

God bless all of you!