Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison & Jail Specific Discussions > Michigan Region II Prisons and Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Region II Prisons and Camps Topics & discussion specific to these facilities: Bellamy Creek CF, Boyer Road CF, Camp Branch, Carson City CF, Deerfield CF, Earnest C Brooks CF, Florence Crane CF, Ionia CF, Lakeland CF, Michigan Reformatory, Mid-Michigan CF, Muskegon CF, Pine River CF, Richard A Handlon CF, Riverside CF, St Louis CF, West Shoreline CF

Old 03-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Satisfied

Default West Shoreline Correctional Facility Check-in, Gossip, and Info Thread..

Okay West Shoreline!! Here's a thread for any of you who hava a loved on in West Shoreline Correctional Facility to jump in and chit chat, gossip and share info...

So... any rumors you hear... *events* you hear about... or just good info you find out... let's share!!!

Jenn
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBenji For This Useful Post:
silvertonguejen (09-02-2010)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Change in visiting hours!!

Just got back from a wonderful visit with my new husband!!! at West Shoreline and wanted to let everyone know that there was a sign up at the check-in desk, and in the visiting room also, that starting Feb. 3rd, weekend visits will now be shortened, starting now at 10 am and ending at 8:30!! So just to keep it straight, they've added enough guys to have 7-man cubes, but now we're gonna get shorter visiting hours??? I drive 4 1/2 hours one way as it is, spend about 6 1/2 there, and then another 4 1/2 coming back home. So I guess in looking for the bright side, I won't have to leave at 4 am anymore! Oh well, it was an awesome visit anyways!
Old 01-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Yooper Mod on Leave
Donation Award 

Tiny--Thanks so much for sharing the visiting hour changes... It does suck that they keep adding more guys but not adding more space to the visiting room or anything else... Of course in my opinion they need to parole more guys that are past their erd...

Deb

September 10th 2009
Old 03-02-2007, 04:29 PM

Ok wives and girlfriends have you heard about the female CO that slapped the inmate???? Now this makes me extremely made because nothing happened to her!! If that was an inmate that hit the CO the would catch another case for sure.
About the changes in the visiting times it sucks.
Did you gals know that they are most likely going to have an eighth bed in the cubes by summer? That's what my hubby has been told. Lets keep adding more people the darn visiting room is small enough as it is. Just last weekend they had to terminate visits because it was full. Just think of what it will be with hundreds more people. Ughhhh
Old 03-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Mrs.GMT

Hi all. My Husband is @ west shoreline. I was just there theese last two weekends. It got so crowded you could hardly breathe in there. Waite till we get nicer weather, it will really be crowded. Get there early in the day. Because it really started to fill up about 11:30-12:00.If your comeing 3hrs. or more their not supose to terminate you. Do you know abot the change thing too? They can terminate yor visit if you take in so much as a quarter more than you are allowed. They did it to this lady that drove like 3 1/2 hours.Would'nt let her put it back or anything, terminated.With the price of the food in the machines, they need to up the ammount of $ you can take in. When I visit, I take my 2 children, costs us like $35 for a 5-6hr. visit.Everything about that place is rediculous. There supose to exspand when they increse the # of inmates in a prison like they are,but dont. My husband say's the bathroom situation is crazzy.Could you emagine if the whole unit ended up with some sort of stomach flu and all had to use the bathroom? Scary situation.And whats up with all the "green tags"? Thought we were in some sort of budget crissis. Let some of our families come home and they wouldnt have to spend more money on a whole bunch of new guards.Have a nice day.Mrs.GMT
Old 03-19-2007, 07:08 PM
Yooper Mod on Leave
Donation Award 

Send in the yellow cards that are at the front desk with your comments.. They go to Lansing and you do NOT have to put you or your husband's name on them... It does bring pressure to do things right if you go to Lansing..

Deb

September 10th 2009
Old 04-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Mrs.GMT

just heard from my husband, they shut their heat off today. Cold as it is, and no heat. They had heat a couple days ago when it was warm, but not any more. He said it's freezing in there. Why would'nt you shut it off when it's warm, and start it up when it's cold? Just their backwards way of thihking again. I will never understand!!!!!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:42 PM

This is my first post, recently finding this site. I am very concerned about the policy at West Shoreline of letting in Playboy Magazines. This facility has a high percent of sex offenders, many of whom are trying to break whatever addiction they may have. Allowing this magazine in is counterproductive to those in counseling or otherwise trying to get their life together. Do others share this concern?
Old 04-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Mrs.GMT

I did'nt think any prison was allowed to have those kinds of magazines. Wow, news to me. I know they let in maxium, and stuff like that, but not playboy. I agree, because if it's an addiction, it's tempting them, and doing them no good. Hopefuly they are strong enough to not have these, and break their addiction. Are you sure they are letting them in, or are the c/o's brining them in? If they let them come in to guy's through the mail, then maybe someone need's to call the deputy warden and ask why this is allowed.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:50 PM

Jesus, My husband is getting transferred there in a week! Is it that vbad REALLY????????????????????
Old 04-27-2007, 05:14 PM
Mrs.GMT

yeah, it's that bad. Theres alot of foul stuff about that place. My husband is wanting out of there. He said anywhere but there. And he stays to himself pretty much.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:38 PM

Theres this 1 co woman that works there and she can be nasty. I went in there 1 day to see my brother and I had forgot my cell phone in my purse and she told me I had to get rid of it before she could do anything. If it happened again i couldnt visit. Thankfully she still let me see him after the long ride. But she was still nasty.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Mrs.GMT

Short blond spiked hair? Am I right? Real pettite lady? Had a c/o last time I visited, about a month ago tell me my daughter had to change her shirt befor she could see her dad, and if it happend again, we would'nt be able to visit again. She said you could see through her t-shirt. It was white and she had on a wife beater under it, and a sports bra. So all you could see was the outline of the wife beater. My daughter had to were the same shirt she wore the day before on that visit, and was humiliated that she had to be seen in the same shirt she wore the day befor. She cryed, and they did'nt care. She's 11 for cripe sakes. It was a t & a wife beater. I could see if she had on a see through top and bra. but a wife beater? Go figure.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Yooper Mod on Leave
Donation Award 

michigan girl 7--Anytime you need to you can ask to speak to the shift commander if you're having difficulty with a guard or have any concerns... They have to follow policy but they do not have to be rude etc.. and treat visitors condenscendingly...

Deb

September 10th 2009
Old 05-30-2007, 11:24 AM

Yes thats the same co I had a problem with Mrs. GMT.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:30 PM

Where can I take a money order to get posted to his account right away?
When he was at Cotton, I took it to Cooper street.............
Old 06-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Mrs.GMT

you can ask to talk to the shift comander, but that dont mean they will do anything. I have had alot of problems w/ 2 certain guards the last 2 years. I have talked to the comanders so many times it's not funny. They have'nt done squat about anything, except take my complaint and keep being a-holes to myself,my kid's,and our family. We have NEVER gave them any reason to either. Were not dissruptive, we follow the rules, and still get crap, every time we go. I fill out a card and send it every visit. It makes it hard to go visit when you know that every time you do, theres gonna be a new reason to get hurassed.I haven't been back in a month.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:28 PM
Mrs.GMT

they have a drop box in the waiting area. you can fill out the paper and leave it there.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Yooper Mod on Leave
Donation Award 

Just curious if your loved ones are still at West Shoreline?? Our check in thread is so quiet compared to some of the others... Lol!

My husband's still there and I sure wish they'd move him back up here so he was closer...

Deb

September 10th 2009
Old 08-15-2007, 03:02 AM
Donation Award 

My hubby was just transferred to West Shoreline for the MPRI program and I think will be released from there on Oct 9. I am planning my first visit to see him this Saturday in 4 months. He has been tranferred 4 times in as many months since he finished the AOP program and was reduced to a level I. Does anyone know what the visitation is like there?
Old 08-16-2007, 07:48 AM
Yooper Mod on Leave
Donation Award 

Visitation is ok.. The visiting room gets packed and hot and there are a few guards to watch out for as eluded to in previous posts in this thread...

Deb

September 10th 2009
Old 08-17-2007, 03:58 AM
Donation Award 

Well I am planning on going up early so if my visit gets terminated because of overcrowding at least I was there early and already have plans when I get back. I will probably just drink water if it gets that hot in there. Thanks for the heads up on the co's, as I have not had any problems with them when he was at Mound so this will be a new experience.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Yooper Mod on Leave
Donation Award 

Has anyone been to Westshoreline lately? My husband says that they are thinking of going to an even/odd day visiting... Does this include if you visit from over 400 miles away? Before they couldn't terminate a visit if it was over that distance...

Also a guard told him that orders from above have been to make visiting as difficult as possible and give out as many tickets as possible to cut down on visitors since they are over crowded.... Has anyone had a harder time in the visiting room??????????

Thanks!

Deb

September 10th 2009
Old 02-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Him + Me = Unity

My husband just got moved ther yesterday and I was wondering how it is now because I wanted to go see him this weekend. And was wondering are me and my kids going to have any problems,We have been seening him up north for the last two years and that has always went very well. Any advise would be great.

DOC release on time priceless...
Old 02-12-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandM
My husband just got moved ther yesterday and I was wondering how it is now because I wanted to go see him this weekend. And was wondering are me and my kids going to have any problems,We have been seening him up north for the last two years and that has always went very well. Any advise would be great.
My hubby is at West Shore Line as well. Your visit will go great! The visiting room is rather small though. The CO's are more laid back than when he was at Brooks. Enjoy your visit!