Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison & Jail Specific Discussions > Michigan Region II Prisons and Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Region II Prisons and Camps Topics & discussion specific to these facilities: Bellamy Creek CF, Boyer Road CF, Camp Branch, Carson City CF, Deerfield CF, Earnest C Brooks CF, Florence Crane CF, Ionia CF, Lakeland CF, Michigan Reformatory, Mid-Michigan CF, Muskegon CF, Pine River CF, Richard A Handlon CF, Riverside CF, St Louis CF, West Shoreline CF

Old 07-07-2009, 05:34 PM
No BULLSHIT member

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,778 Times in 3,568 Posts
Default Personal Contact Information and Ridesharing (All Michigan Members Read)

On occasion Michigan Forum staff has had to remove some members' personal email addresses and phone numbers from posts in the forum. Usually, these posts have been in relation to ride-sharing. While PTO staff understands the need for members to minimize the financial impact of long trips to visit our friends and loved ones, PTO has established a policy addressing publishing of personal e-mail addresses and phone numbers. This policy is as follows:

Quote:
Posting Links / URL’s / Email Addresses:
We also do not permit the posting of personal email addresses in public forums due to privacy issues. If you want someone to contact you privately, please post a note at the end of your post to be contacted via PM as long as it is a personal issue. The posting of your personal email address in ANY public forum invites SPAM from people creating mass email listings. Believe it or not, there are people who get paid to spend all day searching newsgroups, message boards, discussion forums, and chats just to collect email addresses that are posted.
also,

Quote:
Posting Personal Contact Information (Address / Phone Number):
Members may not post personal contact information such as home address, work address, home telephone number, work telephone number, etc., in the public forums. ANYONE, including guests to PTO, can read the public forums - this policy is in place for YOUR safety and protection.
To reiterate, these policies are in place for our members' protection. If you find a need to have people contact you, please use PM's or invite those you wish to have personal contact with to communicate with you via PM.

Also, we acknowledge that that is a need for many members to share rides to different facilities in order to minimize the financial impact of some very long trips that must be taken in order to visit. PTO as an organization cannot endorse and has published this caution at the following link:

Please read before you arrange to carpool/rideshare.

Again, the greatest concern of PTO staff is for the safety and welfare of our members. With that in mind Michigan staff requests that each of our members abide by the rules concerning sharing personal information.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:44 AM

how do u post via pm please send an example of this Thanks u
Old 11-18-2011, 01:15 AM

im traveling to carson city correctional facility tommorrow . this is my first time.. i dont really want to ride by myself..let me know if yo are interested. I know this is such a short notice email me @ (removed per policy; Please contact member via pm system) let me know if you are interested. i plan on leaving around 1:30 to get there at 3:30

Last edited by patchouli; 11-18-2011 at 06:32 AM.. Reason: removed email addy
Old 11-25-2011, 03:04 PM

Smile Ride sharing

Hi my son is in Earnest c Brooks my car broke down a few months ago and i havent been able to visit him I am looking for anyone that would be willing to share a ride with me I stay in Port Huron but i can take a train to flint I am willing to help with gas I really miss my son and we do need a visit and as many of you know this is a hard emotional time of the year with the hoildays near. He is level 4 and his visits are thursday 2-9pm and Saturdays 9am-9pm. Pls messege me for contact details.