Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Florida that do not fit into any other Florida subforum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-16-2018, 11:17 AM

Default Florida Gain time and Support

Hello. My Fiance just got sentenced to his 3 years. He hasnt made it to a prison yet , still in county but i am trying to get more information. He's in there on a Trafficking of herion charge and got the Min Mandatory. I am hearing mixed things about gain time/ is any of your loved ones serving a min mand and getting gain time or not. Also this is all new for me and any advice to get through this would be awesome
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2018, 11:34 AM

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,742 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk! I hope someone is able to clear things up for you!
austinsbaby22 (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 11:40 AM

My LO isn't eligible for gain time, but he did tell me he gets "monthly updates" or something of the sort where it states his gain time. So your LO would know soon after being there
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ljasso For This Useful Post:
austinsbaby22 (08-16-2018), Fridyrr.Likn (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 08:31 PM

They get monthly updates on their time; hubby gets his on the 15th of the month.

Once he gets to reception, they will tell him his max date and his earliest possible release date. However, here is what happened for us....

Hubby got 30 months with credit for 84 days served. So, they take 85% of the 30 months then subtract time served and that is his earliest release date.

Hope that helps! Oh, just an fyi....be prepared for him to be placed ANYWHERE in the state.

Old 08-17-2018, 06:10 AM

Thanked 5,977 Times in 3,113 Posts

They get gain time but its done on parole. It show each month but when he gets released he has to report to parole, its basically like probation in Florida.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:06 PM

Hubby told me the 65% rumor was going around again. Something about Scott saying that in his campaign that he would lower it, and now since he is running for senator (not getting my vote) that he is trying to get all the votes he can get and will sign 65% into law.

We do NOT believe it, but it would be nice.

Old 08-21-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnielg View Post
Hubby told me the 65% rumor was going around again. Something about Scott saying that in his campaign that he would lower it, and now since he is running for senator (not getting my vote) that he is trying to get all the votes he can get and will sign 65% into law.

We do NOT believe it, but it would be nice.
My LO told me the same thing about the rumor going around where he is at and asked me to find out if it was true. And because neither one of us is from FL I wasn't sure what I was looking for, but I didnt find anything online.

Last edited by ljasso; 08-21-2018 at 09:07 PM..
Old 08-21-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljasso View Post
My LO told me the same thing about the rumor going around where he is at and asked me to find out if it was true. And because neither one us is from FL I wasn't sure what I was looking for, but I didnt find anything online.
I have searched everywhere I know to search and I still cant find anything. I am hoping that Scott will do something and he can come home sooner.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:03 AM
Donation Award 

ask his lawyer to get a corrct answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinsbaby22 View Post
Hello. My Fiance just got sentenced to his 3 years. He hasnt made it to a prison yet , still in county but i am trying to get more information. He's in there on a Trafficking of herion charge and got the Min Mandatory. I am hearing mixed things about gain time/ is any of your loved ones serving a min mand and getting gain time or not. Also this is all new for me and any advice to get through this would be awesome
Old 08-22-2018, 04:03 PM

Call classification they will tell you his earliest release date
Old 09-09-2018, 11:02 PM

This just showed up today, so I thought I would update it with the things I have found out.

1. Once they hit reception, they will be given their 100% date and their earliest release date by classifications.

2. Gain time is up to 10 days per 30 day period. The DOC website is updated once a month, normally by the 15th of the month.

3. Hubby said they are given an update (reflecting what we see on the website) on the 15th of each month.

4. That damn 85% rule is a pain to figure out. What I did was basically this: total sentence x .85 - time served (given by judge) = earliest release date.

5. The person who answers the phone in Tallahassee (Classifications) is NOT nice, nor helpful, in any way, form, or fashion.

6. I have had better luck getting my questions answered by calling Classifications at the unit. I normally tell them that I have questions and I am just trying to get the correct information since there is so much misinformation on the internet and they have been very helpful.

I hope this might be able to help someone in the future.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunnielg For This Useful Post:
JasonsMomma (09-22-2018), MPsQueen (09-24-2018), xolady (09-10-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridyrr.Likn View Post
Welcome to Prison Talk! I hope someone is able to clear things up for you!
I hopefully you can help I'm trying to figure out how to calculate my boyfriend's gain time... He was sentenced to one year 3 months and 9 days and was granted 8 months and 19 days of time served he initially got 7 Days gain time while at Lake Butler Reception Center and just recently received 10 days gain time on the 15th of this month which puts the date that shows on the website at January 2nd 2019. He keeps mentioning and 85% date but I have no clue what that is can someone please help???!
Old 09-24-2018, 04:45 PM
Missing my better half
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiwswifey2019 View Post
I hopefully you can help I'm trying to figure out how to calculate my boyfriend's gain time... He was sentenced to one year 3 months and 9 days and was granted 8 months and 19 days of time served he initially got 7 Days gain time while at Lake Butler Reception Center and just recently received 10 days gain time on the 15th of this month which puts the date that shows on the website at January 2nd 2019. He keeps mentioning and 85% date but I have no clue what that is can someone please help???!
my boyfriend is at the RMC west unit in lake butler too.. he was actually given his release date by his classification officer and that date is completely different than was the DOC website says, close to a 2 month difference and when I calculated it up I was a few days off myself. how I did it was calculate the time sentenced in days, minus the days of time served then times that by .85 and then take that total from the total days left after the time served was subtracted.. sounds confusing I know but I was super close, sorry if it didn't help.

one day closer

Old 09-25-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiwswifey2019 View Post
While in reception he should have been given that information. My husband was given his 100% date, as well as, his earliest possible release date.

However, I also computed his date by changing everything to days....his sentence x .85 - days served. There is also a release date calculator out here somewhere...I just cant remember where I found it. I'll see if I can go find it again....

The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnielg For This Useful Post:
MPsQueen (09-25-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 09:34 PM
missin my babe so much

My husband told me at most they can only get 2 months per year. We haven't recieved his earliest date yet but his and mine calculation is 2 months off. I did months × .85 - time served. He did it based of only getting 2 months per year. Can anyone verify that info?

The Following User Says Thank You to love baby For This Useful Post:
MPsQueen (10-24-2018)
Old 10-24-2018, 10:30 AM
Missing my better half
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by love baby View Post
My husband told me at most they can only get 2 months per year. We haven't recieved his earliest date yet but his and mine calculation is 2 months off. I did months × .85 - time served. He did it based of only getting 2 months per year. Can anyone verify that info?
my boyfriend was told before he started "working" he would get 6 days a month off his time.. now that hes working he gets 10 days off a month.. if the math works out that's a smidge more than 2 months a year on 6 days off. its like 72 days total.

one day closer

Old 10-25-2018, 09:07 AM
Donation Award 

Ive had nice people in Tallehassee and in classifation but they have to be nice so Im not really sure what to believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnielg View Post
This just showed up today, so I thought I would update it with the things I have found out.

1. Once they hit reception, they will be given their 100% date and their earliest release date by classifications.

2. Gain time is up to 10 days per 30 day period. The DOC website is updated once a month, normally by the 15th of the month.

3. Hubby said they are given an update (reflecting what we see on the website) on the 15th of each month.

4. That damn 85% rule is a pain to figure out. What I did was basically this: total sentence x .85 - time served (given by judge) = earliest release date.

5. The person who answers the phone in Tallahassee (Classifications) is NOT nice, nor helpful, in any way, form, or fashion.

6. I have had better luck getting my questions answered by calling Classifications at the unit. I normally tell them that I have questions and I am just trying to get the correct information since there is so much misinformation on the internet and they have been very helpful.

I hope this might be able to help someone in the future.