Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WASHINGTON > Washington Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Washington Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics & Discussions relating to prison & jail visitation, phones, packages & mail.

Old 12-23-2018, 02:21 PM

Default WA Packages: Are our only options wainmatepackage, jpay, & accesscatalog?

I've been reading a lot of good info here. In 2005 families were allowed to send LO packages, clothes, etc. I'm assuming that's old news and not allowed any longer. They also ordered clothing from walmart and had it shipped to LO.

Is our only option using wainmatepackage, or jpay, or accesscatalog to purchase clothing, accessories, amazon(for books) etc?

Anyone know of any other place we're allowed to use? I know for books, probably allowed to use ebay and other approved sites.

I want to know all about the approved sites! lol Not easy info to get. [/size]

Ecclesiastes 3:1

Last edited by B00ne; 12-23-2018 at 02:28 PM.. Reason: enlarge size
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2018, 10:55 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,859 Times in 15,589 Posts

I can't answer your question, so I looked it up.....here is the link for Washington DOC's page on sending a variety of things to an inmate:

https://www.doc.wa.gov/corrections/i...nd/default.htm

Chances are, if an outlet isn't listed it isn't an approved vendor. If I'm wrong, someone will correct me

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 12-24-2018, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,092 Times in 2,828 Posts

Quote:
Is our only option using wainmatepackage
I think Union Direct (aka 'wainmatepackage') is the only approved vendor for items other than books. I'm pretty sure Amazon, the book stores like Barnes & Noble, and Powell's books make it to the desired desitination. Not sure about eBay - I would guess no on that, but one never really knows.

As always, the best information comes from the source - because what one institution allows, others might not allow. So you may want to call the prison directly first. And oh how I wish WADOC's website contained more information so people didn't have to keep calling the prisons to get the same info over and over again. But until they put this type of info on their website, the folks at the various institutions are going to have to keep fielding phone calls.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
B00ne (12-25-2018), patchouli (12-24-2018)
Old 01-18-2019, 02:54 PM

Default Union Supply Direct "wainmate.com" and JPay ???

Since my son has been transferred, he is eligible to receive products from here. I thought that since I could "find him" on the search feature, that #1 I'd be able to see a picture of what is offered; #2 be able to pick items from the list of items (order form).

But, when I entered in his number, it said the "January" package is still available. ???? What???

What is included in January package? What is the cost? Can I still order individual things that he's requested? Does everything have to be ordered together? There's a monthly box? I understood about the Christmas box, I know that is no longer available. Don't remember if I saw a cost for that one either. May have been $39.95. I saw that USD has the limit of one order a month can only be 15 pounds. I see where the weight is on each item. These are only "property" packages? He would purchase any snacks in the inmate "store/canteen/concession" there? Only a radio OR a tv can be ordered in one month? A $15 charge each for a TV AND for a radio?

Then there's JPay. I've heard it mentioned here, somewhere before. Can I order a tablet for him with stamps in the same month that I do a Union Supply Direct order for him?

Last edited by B00ne; 01-18-2019 at 02:58 PM.. Reason: clarification
Old 01-18-2019, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
I think Union Direct (aka 'wainmatepackage') is the only approved vendor for items other than books. I'm pretty sure Amazon, the book stores like Barnes & Noble, and Powell's books make it to the desired desitination. Not sure about eBay - I would guess no on that, but one never really knows.

As always, the best information comes from the source - because what one institution allows, others might not allow. So you may want to call the prison directly first. And oh how I wish WADOC's website contained more information so people didn't have to keep calling the prisons to get the same info over and over again. But until they put this type of info on their website, the folks at the various institutions are going to have to keep fielding phone calls.

I've called the prison several times and never got anyone. I finally, asked my contact for doc wa. He emailed me back with the correct info.
The Following User Says Thank You to B00ne For This Useful Post:
GingerM (01-19-2019)
Old 01-19-2019, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,092 Times in 2,828 Posts

Quote:
I finally, asked my contact for doc wa. He emailed me back with the correct info.
Can you share what he told you? It's always good to have recent info here - and as you've discovered, finding that info is not always easy. I'd appreciate it if you could post what he said, but if it was said in confidence, I understand that too.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
B00ne (01-19-2019)
Old 01-19-2019, 08:59 AM

Default WSP Washington State Prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
Can you share what he told you? It's always good to have recent info here - and as you've discovered, finding that info is not always easy. I'd appreciate it if you could post what he said, but if it was said in confidence, I understand that too.
I'd only asked him about the address. I know he must be extremely busy. I posted it in another spot here on Washington forum, never hurts to share again.

Possibly don't need their location for the first letter. That's how it was at Shelton. 1st letter wasn't returned. I wish they had more info on their website. LO even sent me the Family Handbook, everything says the same thing, and there isn't enough information about nearly everything. Maybe about dress code for visitors. I realize they can't put EVERYTHING in there, but enough to get 1st timer's family through would be great!

Here's the address for an inmate at Washington State Prison:

First name Middle Initial Last Name, # (DOC)

WSP - AA#### (their location)

1313 N 13th St

Walla Walla, WA 99362

The Following User Says Thank You to B00ne For This Useful Post:
GingerM (01-20-2019)
Old 01-20-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00ne View Post
Since my son has been transferred, he is eligible to receive products from here. I thought that since I could "find him" on the search feature, that #1 I'd be able to see a picture of what is offered; #2 be able to pick items from the list of items (order form).

But, when I entered in his number, it said the "January" package is still available. ???? What???

What is included in January package? What is the cost? Can I still order individual things that he's requested? Does everything have to be ordered together? There's a monthly box? I understood about the Christmas box, I know that is no longer available. Don't remember if I saw a cost for that one either. May have been $39.95. I saw that USD has the limit of one order a month can only be 15 pounds. I see where the weight is on each item. These are only "property" packages? He would purchase any snacks in the inmate "store/canteen/concession" there? Only a radio OR a tv can be ordered in one month? A $15 charge each for a TV AND for a radio?

Then there's JPay. I've heard it mentioned here, somewhere before. Can I order a tablet for him with stamps in the same month that I do a Union Supply Direct order for him?
Hi there! Not sure if youíve figured it out but you can order once a month for property packages and then there are separate food related quarterly packages and then during holidays there are holiday packages. Thereís no limit on items you can buy- just a weight limit. You can see pics on the webpage or he can give you the item numbers. Iím pretty sure you can buy him a tablet on Jpay.com thatís how I bought my LOs
If they recently transferred him he may not be updated to order for yet. Hope that helps !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wombscum For This Useful Post:
B00ne (01-20-2019), GingerM (01-21-2019)