Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arkansas Parole, Probation & Release All information relating to parole, probation or release in Arkansas should be posted here.

Old 12-18-2018, 04:14 PM

Default Parole granted. Date? Home inspection questions?

I'm a newbie to all this so please bear with me.
My son is in ACC Texarkana and he told me he was approved for his parole, he gave me a date of Jan 2 2019 and said a parole officer would be calling me to do a home inspection.
I've read some of the forums looking for answers but only became more confused.
What is a PE/TE date and how do I find out what that date is?
What does a home inspection consist of? I've had people tell me I have to get rid of my gun, kitchen knives and any alcohol? I don't drink but I keep some on hand for guests.
So any information on what to expect would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Justmebee
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2018, 06:13 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,797 Times in 15,557 Posts

PE/TE date is Parole Eligibility/Transfer Eligibility date, both are governed by statute according to the crime committed. I'm not sure if those dates show on the DOC inmate look-up page or not, but you can check: https://apps.ark.org/inmate_info/index.php

Home inspection: It will be up his PO whether your guns may be kept in a gun safe or if they gotta go. If the PO says they gotta go, either the guns go or your son. If you can't / don't decide, the PO ill decide for you & your son risks being revoked (going back to prison). You can have kitchen knives, in the kitchen....you cannot have a butcher knife in your bedroom, or a filet knife on a telephone table by the front door. Standard parole rules state "no drugs, alcohol or weapons" in the home. Any deviation from that is up to the PO. Ask. When the PO comes for the Home Inspection, ask those questions. Keep in mind that if the PO senses a hesitancy on your part to abide by parole rules, s/he could deny the home placement. Could, I'm not saying they will, just pointing out that its a possibility.

Congratulations on your son's soon Homecoming! Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 12-18-2018, 06:47 PM

Default Thank you Patchouli

Thank you so much for the information. I wanted to be prepared for the home visit so as not to slow things down. Not a problem with the gun, I'll take it to a friends house, she has a gun safe and can lock it up for me. I'll check out the link you posted for more information.

Thanks again,
Justmebee
The Following User Says Thank You to justmeb For This Useful Post:
patchouli (12-18-2018)
Old 01-16-2019, 03:29 PM

Update please. Did he come home? And if you don’t mind telling me what to expect. My husband is there and just got approved but he didn’t get a date.
Old 01-16-2019, 04:40 PM

Default update

No he isn't home yet but they have given me a release date.
I finally received a call from his PO to inquire about housing, guns in the home, and if I would let him parole out to me, etc. I waited a week without hearing on a release date so I called and asked to speak with the release officer at the facility where he's at and she was able to give me a date and time to pick him up. Hope this helps you out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justmeb For This Useful Post:
E.H (01-18-2019), patchouli (01-22-2019)
Old 01-22-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeb View Post
No he isn't home yet but they have given me a release date.
I finally received a call from his PO to inquire about housing, guns in the home, and if I would let him parole out to me, etc. I waited a week without hearing on a release date so I called and asked to speak with the release officer at the facility where he's at and she was able to give me a date and time to pick him up. Hope this helps you out.
Just one more question. Can you tell me what her name is
Old 01-23-2019, 06:23 AM

Default Just one more question

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.H View Post
Just one more question. Can you tell me what her name is
The release officer's name is Ms. Nash.
The Following User Says Thank You to justmeb For This Useful Post:
E.H (01-24-2019)